How'd it go?

pk1

Re: How'd it go?

Postby pk1 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:23 pm

Total disaster!!!

The test itself was OK, though a little harder than any practice test I attempted... and I took a lot of practice tests.

The big problem was that there was a malfunction with some speakers in the room and they kept making static sounds, quite loudly. It was impossible to concentrate. The noise was stopped each time by the proctor only for it to start again 10 minutes later.

If I cancelled I would lose the money, if I don't cancel I get a low score, and this is the last LSAT before school starts next year.

LSAC must do something about it... I have sent an email but who knows, any advice?

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:26 pm

egilb wrote:Yes. I'm pretty sure all three of my LR had 25... but I might not remember correctly.

God, I hope you're right. I effed that first LR section right up, and had to guess on 4 of the last 5. After screwing up another in/out game after the LG section, I was fairly close to canceling at the break. I'm glad I didn't now, because I did great on the last to sections and did okay on my third section as well.

mazz

Postby mazz » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:27 pm

yeah 25 25

i too had trouble on the wharton game. there was that one question about attitudes that I spent a TON of time on. the bridge one too.

i also missed the 2nd to last question about mathematicians so i bubbled D. i have no idea how i did at all on the whole.

rocker1487

Postby rocker1487 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Did anybody find the RC passage about hieroglyphics hard? I remember running out of time on that one and being annoyed, I found it to be pretty convoluted and guessed towards the end.

JasonR

Postby JasonR » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:33 pm

keg411 wrote:
JasonR wrote:
keg411 wrote:
ShiftyOne wrote:From what I have heard the curves are set over 3 are so years based on experimentals, thus they don't really shift because of the real test.

That is what I used to think, but the December curve seemed to match the test.

What do you mean exactly? The December test was curved the way it was because the test was substantially harder than usual.

That's what I was saying. The other poster thought the December test was curved harder because of past 3 experimental scores and it had nothing to do with the difficulty.

Ah, OK. I think you're both right, actually. The difficulty of the test is determined by how people performed on various sections of it, relative to their scored sections, when they previously took them as experimental sections.

Thirteen

Postby Thirteen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:34 pm

rocker1487 wrote:Did anybody find the RC passage about hieroglyphics hard? I remember running out of time on that one and being annoyed, I found it to be pretty convoluted and guessed towards the end.

I ran out of time, and also managed to confuse the two groups. I think my brain was just fried by that point.

npodlask11

Postby npodlask11 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:35 pm

does anyone know if there is a way to cancel tests online/send in complaints to LSAC? i am entertaining the option--mostly because my proctors are fucking clueless. i was done with 5 mins to spare with imminent bladder explosion and the obeasties were fucking facebooking instead of being attentive to the room. tmi... tmi. anyways, anyone know anything about these two procedures?

jhavinder

Postby jhavinder » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:40 pm

tikiman6

Postby tikiman6 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:42 pm

I was also a little strapped for time on last RC also. I didn't like that passage very much.
Last edited by tikiman6 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Snuffie

Postby Snuffie » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:48 pm

charlesxavier wrote:I agree. I didn't do too hot on the games. But, I felt that I did well enough on the rest of the test to survive. I did awful one section of games on a PT (missed about 10) and still hit over a 160. So I still have hope.

Indeed you do. Frankly, I'm glad we can't discuss the questions because it'd only compound the anxiety. Unless you have an eidetic memory, you're not going to remember how you answered - that goes double if you were utterly lost at the time. It's easy to confuse your answer for a question with the choice you considered the longest before choosing differently by process of elimination.

We don't know what the curve will be. Sometimes wild guesses pan out. And blowing a question -hell, even a section if your performance was otherwise solid- isn't going to reduce your options to Cooley.

I'd encourage all test takers to just relax. If you're aiming HYS and you've found out that the LG you bombed was the real one, yeah, okay, fax the form to LSAC. Otherwise, if you didn't cancel the score at the end of the test, then let it ride. Personally, as long as I get into a T1 school (preferably top 25) I couldn't care less. Despite what some of the trolls say, everything beyond T14 isn't TTT.

feb lsat... wow!

Postby feb lsat... wow! » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:55 pm

Thirteen wrote:Fuck logic games, and fuck the bridge question. Also, the guy next to me should have taken a shower this morning (hell, he should have taken one this week). That is all.

Sorry dawg, was trying to psych out anyone sitting near me...

macaulian

Postby macaulian » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:11 pm

Pretty sure I nailed it. I got two 180s on practice, and I felt this one went the same as those did. I thought LG was really reasonable, since it was really focused on conditionals and ordering. RC was alright, but the exp was more fun.

SJU2010

Postby SJU2010 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:19 pm

It went okay I think I could have done a lot better if I studied the logic games a little more. I had 2 RC, and they were pretty easy. Even had a few minutes left over. One of the LR was a bit tough. The games actually had a similar question to the one they had on the past 2 tests, (pick a class schedule). About 5 people that I spoke to did not finish one of the games. I left one out too because of lack of deductions which I spent a few minutes looking for so i ran out of time. Just happy its over, cant wait to get my grade!!!!!

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:20 pm

mazz wrote:yeah 25 25

i too had trouble on the wharton game. there was that one question about attitudes that I spent a TON of time on. the bridge one too.

i also missed the 2nd to last question about mathematicians so i bubbled D. i have no idea how i did at all on the whole.

I didnt have any of those games so must be the experimental

lokkier8

Postby lokkier8 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Did anyone get the LR section with the "orange tree" damaged by winter question? Was that one the real or experimental LR?

JenRUs

Postby JenRUs » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:27 pm

Did anyone get the LR section with the "orange tree" damaged by winter question? Was that one the real or experimental LR?

Yes I got it. It was not experimental

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:27 pm

lokkier8 wrote:Did anyone get the LR section with the "orange tree" damaged by winter question? Was that one the real or experimental LR?

was real
i had it and my experimental was LG

rocker1487

Postby rocker1487 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:40 pm

Was the RC compartive passage easy? I skipped it and ran out of time, had to guess on it.

JenRUs

Postby JenRUs » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:42 pm

rocker1487 wrote:Was the RC compartive passage easy? I skipped it and ran out of time, had to guess on it.

I had a bit of trouble with it, but it wasn't completely horrible.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:42 pm

rocker1487 wrote:Was the RC compartive passage easy? I skipped it and ran out of time, had to guess on it.

easier than most comparative passages.

existenz

Postby existenz » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:49 pm

LR LG LR RC LR

The real RC:

Darwin/Videotaped Testimony/Edith Wharton/African languages

Funny enough, the real RC on this game was my experimental RC on the Dec. 2009 LSAT. The exact same passages and questions. Didn't help me out much, though, it's not like I knew what the real answers should be. I think I messed up one of the Darwin question about what idea from Passage A was the focus of the last paragraph of Passage B. It seemed like there were three plausibly right answers on that question.

LG was killer. The Poplars/Spruces/Oaks game screwed me up, I guessed twice on it. Juicers/mixers was difficult but I think I did okay. The last game involving HK or KL or whatever was a major time-suck. Overall I guessed on three LG after going -0 or -1 on my last 10 PT sections.

I notice that everyone likes to discuss how easy LR is. This is an illusion. The reason you think the section was easy is because you think your answers were right. Just look at any of the score-release threads from Dec/Oct/June and you'll see that people's instant reaction to LR does not equal how they actually did. I'm hoping for better than-5 on LR to keep me above 170.

Overall I'm guessing a -10 or -11 curve (just like PT 57 with Dinos), though we'll never know for sure.
Last edited by existenz on Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoCalKevin

Postby SoCalKevin » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:51 pm

Rocked three sections, no idea about one, blew one like a two-dollar hooker on Tiger Woods.

BUt maybe my awesome essay will make up for the blown section...heeehee. :D

idkmybffjill

Postby idkmybffjill » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:52 pm

I know they don't release the test, but they don't tell test takers the curve either? awww man

jocelyne

Postby jocelyne » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:56 pm

WORST TEST EVER.

Future takers - DO NOT TAKE FEBRUARY TEST.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:01 pm

LR LG LR (break) RC LR

3rd LR was easiest for me, which means it was probably experimental. Muffed the LGs when my proctor after my proctor called time early.

If I had to guess my scores for the sections, -2, -8, -1, -0, -5. I was pretty fried by the time I got to the last LR, had trouble with a couple of the questions in the Q15-18 range.

Had to take a minute after the LG game section to compose myself. I've finished every LG I've taken the past month, in all the PTs 50-58, so I was pretty flustered about the time thing and not finishing. Hard to let that go, but I still had to concentrate on the next sections to maybe recover a decent score.

Currently recovering with a Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA.
Last edited by missinglink on Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”