How'd it go? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
clc51781

New

Re: How'd it go?

Post by clc51781 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:09 pm

LG, LR, RC, LR, RC
After waiting an hour in line just to get into the room I started with games that I completely screwed up, guessed on a bunch, probably 10 wrong maybe more. The rest were fairly easy, the second LR was noticeably trickier but still not too bad.
I am contemplating cancelling my score. Not sure what to do.

lostjake

Bronze

Post by lostjake » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:11 pm

Anyone else notice a BUNCH of cheating going on? I noticed one girl kept her book open on the LG section after time was called, obviously to try to figure out the last few answers and bubble in during the next section. Two other girls flipped to the next section early and were reading. I guess I had poor proctors. Also, I'm pretty sure my watch keeps correct time (vs my cell phone it hasn't lost a minute in three or so days), and it seems the proctors gave us about an extra minute per section, although I didn't need it. Oh well...

clc51781

New

Post by clc51781 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:19 pm

existenz wrote:LR LG LR RC LR

The real RC:

Darwin/Videotaped Testimony/Edith Wharton/African languages

Funny enough, the real RC on this game was my experimental RC on the Dec. 2009 LSAT. The exact same passages and questions. Didn't help me out much, though, it's not like I knew what the real answers should be. I think I messed up one of the Darwin question about what idea from Passage A was the focus of the last paragraph of Passage B. It seemed like there were three plausibly right answers on that question.

LG was killer. The Poplars/Spruces/Oaks game screwed me up, I guessed twice on it. Juicers/mixers was difficult but I think I did okay. The last game involving HK or KL or whatever was a major time-suck. Overall I guessed on three LG after going -0 or -1 on my last 10 PT sections.

I notice that everyone likes to discuss how easy LR is. This is an illusion. The reason you think the section was easy is because you think your answers were right. Just look at any of the score-release threads from Dec/Oct/June and you'll see that people's instant reaction to LR does not equal how they actually did. I'm hoping for better than-5 on LR to keep me above 170.

Overall I'm guessing a -10 or -11 curve (just like PT 57 with Dinos), though we'll never know for sure.
Yeah, I found these games to be very difficult. I am hit or miss on games and this was definitely a miss. I had the same RC and a second one instead of a third LR, which I assume was the experimental.

rocker1487

New

Post by rocker1487 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:24 pm

jocelyne wrote:WORST TEST EVER.

Future takers - DO NOT TAKE FEBRUARY TEST.
+1

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:30 pm

I feel that this exam wasn't the most difficult (every test probably feels awful after), but it focused on my weaknesses in games, just like the Dec 08 Preptest. Today, I actually had the same order as that preptest, which was my worst score (161). On both tests the games weren't killer...I just couldn't get started on anything and they all were time wasters. I will be satisfied if I hit the same score. It's disappointing because going in I knew if I could conquer games I would be fine. We'll find out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

theadw

Bronze

Post by theadw » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:38 pm

Did the shipworms question throw anybody else?

fidesverita

Bronze

Post by fidesverita » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:42 pm

theadw wrote:Did the shipworms question throw anybody else?
Def had to read it a few times. It was a Necessary question, right? Can't remember if it was a Nec or Suff question.

I thought the right one was about the salinity of other oceans.

s1m4

Bronze

Post by s1m4 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:44 pm

this was one of the easier ones I thought.. The answer had to do with "ruling out the other possibility" which in this case was (insert lsac's word they used to represent a mineral often used for cooking"

s1m4

Bronze

Post by s1m4 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:45 pm

fidesverita wrote:
Def had to read it a few times. It was a Necessary question, right? Can't remember if it was a Nec or Suff question.

Wow if you are right I feel stupid..

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:46 pm

s1m4 wrote:
this was one of the easier ones I thought.. The answer had to do with "ruling out the other possibility" which in this case was (insert lsac's word they used to represent a mineral often used for cooking"

oh my freakin hell. are u for real?!?!

i love how they put that as question 24, knowing the 5 min time would be called and we would all be totally useless mentally by then due to time obsessing. *rips hair out*

whitman

Silver

Post by whitman » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:49 pm

imisscollege

Bronze

Post by imisscollege » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:50 pm

I, as a previous 168er, 170+ practice tester respectfully disagree with that answer. Although I did have to read it a few times and I obviously could be quite wrong. (the mineral used to cook answer)

theadw

Bronze

Post by theadw » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:51 pm

Last edited by theadw on Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

theadw

Bronze

Post by theadw » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:52 pm

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:59 pm

rosalbavillanueva

New

Re: How'd it go?--Logic Games Section

Post by rosalbavillanueva » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:00 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

LG-LR-LG-LR-RC
The First Section of Games was the real deal. The Hikers/Process Server/Zulla and Taylor/and i think the other game was about professors

The Second Games Section was a breeze, but unfortunately wasn't the Experimental.

I did not get the games about dogs in apartments nor the bouquets in the garden. neither about obstacles.

I did get a game about commercial; gasoline/trucks/sporting goods/f
also a game about professors in regards to conventions/lectures; nguyen, fernandez, modern music/sociologists--i think this was part of the real deal
another game which i cannot for the life of me remember, r cannot have two people unless all three have one person each
another game was west/east (bi-linear)

cr073137

Bronze

Post by cr073137 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:03 pm

The weirdest thing happen to me, I had RC, LG, LR,RC, LR, and I finished my first LR with 7 minutes to spare.. THAT NEVER HAPPENS TO ME, I usually need to guess on the last two questions because I run out of time. I hope that this means something good, and not that i missed a lot of questions because I was going to fast. I tried to slow down on the next LR and ended up guessing on the last 3... I think the second LR had a few impossible questions that I ended up spending too much time in them. Also, the RC was above average hard, the readings themselves where not hard, but the questions I thought were.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

feblsat10

New

Post by feblsat10 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:04 pm

kacee

New

Post by kacee » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:08 pm

cr073137 wrote:The weirdest thing happen to me, I had RC, LG, LR,RC, LR, and I finished my first LR with 7 minutes to spare.. THAT NEVER HAPPENS TO ME, I usually need to guess on the last two questions because I run out of time. I hope that this means something good, and not that i missed a lot of questions because I was going to fast. I tried to slow down on the next LR and ended up guessing on the last 3... I think the second LR had a few impossible questions that I ended up spending too much time in them. Also, the RC was above average hard, the readings themselves where not hard, but the questions I thought were.
exactly why having your own watch and keeping track of how much time you have left is essential. lots of time? slow down!! running out? speed up!!

FuturehoyaLawya

New

Post by FuturehoyaLawya » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:15 pm

theadw wrote:
s1m4 wrote:
fidesverita wrote:

Wow if you are right I feel stupid..
I certainly didn't choose that, but I was wretchedly apprehensive about my answer, and didn't learn much new from going back after finishing.

Any other DC test takers? I walked through three miles of snow to take at Georgetown after getting a phone call from LSAC at 740 this morning. This all seemed pretty paltry upon discovering that some dude flew in from Egypt to take the thing.
so Georgetown didn't cancel!

fidesverita

Bronze

Post by fidesverita » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:23 pm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

baneofmyexistence

New

Post by baneofmyexistence » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:40 pm

imisscollege wrote:I, as a previous 168er, 170+ practice tester respectfully disagree with that answer. Although I did have to read it a few times and I obviously could be quite wrong. (the mineral used to cook answer)
as do I (re: shipworms)

je_ne_regrette_rien

New

Post by je_ne_regrette_rien » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:44 pm

I'm really disappointed that I spent so much time on certain games in LG. Because I think it was pretty similar to Dec. 08 and I spent quite a bit of time going over the games in that test. In fact, when I first saw the LG games, I was like "whoa. this is what I have been practicing recently." UNFORTUNATELY, one of the games took me way longer than I expected. And then I was feeling pretty unsure throughout the rest of the section.
Last edited by je_ne_regrette_rien on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

je_ne_regrette_rien

New

Post by je_ne_regrette_rien » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:46 pm

baneofmyexistence wrote:
imisscollege wrote:I, as a previous 168er, 170+ practice tester respectfully disagree with that answer. Although I did have to read it a few times and I obviously could be quite wrong. (the mineral used to cook answer)
as do I (re: shipworms)
+1 I remember ruling out that option pretty firmly. It wasn't an assumption made by the stimulus because the stimulus clearly stated it.

Could be wrong though. WE'LL NEVER KNOW. ;-)

idkmybffjill

New

Post by idkmybffjill » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:52 pm

What wast the shipworms question again? About salinity in water, right? Was that an assumption or weaken question?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”