How'd it go? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
granger

Bronze

How'd it go?

Post by granger » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:22 pm

I thought it was hard! LR had some really annoying informal logic q's I got hung up on. RC wasn't bad, and I had two LGs, one of which I found tough, so I'm anxious to hear which was experimental.

woodstocker

New

Re: How'd it go?

Post by woodstocker » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:27 pm

Also had 2 LG's... the latter of which being much easier. LR was typical. Found RC to be pretty difficult...was fatigued by the time I reached it. Would love to know which LG is scored...

nycsoul87

New

Post by nycsoul87 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Yeah. I had two LGs too. What were your topics- do you remember?

I definitely did better this time than back in September. LR wasn't too bad, RC was easy. I couldn't finish either LG section which is weird. Luckily I only missed 1-2 questions max on either of the LG section as I'm sure the ones I answered, I got right.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:31 pm

spearnreel

New

Post by spearnreel » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:32 pm

I cancelled during.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rtvendetti

New

Post by rtvendetti » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:37 pm

ours was cancelled...so how were the lg? im curious if we will get the same test on the retake

MBZags

Silver

Post by MBZags » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:44 pm

rtvendetti wrote:ours was cancelled...so how were the lg? im curious if we will get the same test on the retake
You won't.

gbn

New

Post by gbn » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:48 pm

I think the LR was very easy this time around. I had two LGs, one of which was considerably easy than the other. I'm positive the real one was the harder one, and it was quite hard. The RC was moderate. One of the passages was used before on a previous LSAT, I'm trying to find out which PT that is.

Pricer

Silver

Post by Pricer » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:50 pm

The games weren't bad, but I screwed up the first game. I know I missed at least 2 on it. I had an experimental LR section. Two of my LR sections were a little tougher than average, and one was easier. I am hoping that one of the tougher ones was the experimental. I thought RC was a little harder than normal. My last passage was hard for me to follow, and that lead to me being very crunched for time. I had to answer the last few questions by just skimming the question and answer choices and not referring back to the passage at all. My PTs were 167-176, my two most recent being 173 and 171. I think I made low to mid 160s on the real thing. That pisses me off, but I can't do anything about it now.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rtvendetti

New

Post by rtvendetti » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:51 pm

MBZags wrote:
rtvendetti wrote:ours was cancelled...so how were the lg? im curious if we will get the same test on the retake
You won't.

they would make a whole new test even on a nondisclosed? it will be nex saturday, well so says the lsac rep i talked to..they must have extra tests or somethng

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:52 pm

what were peoples' section orders? i believe that in the order of the test, the section number that is experimental is the same for everyone.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:53 pm

In short, I feel like my brain was put through a blender, then juicer, and promplty roasted on a rotisserie.

That said, I ran out of time on games--as I did in june and spet. She called 5 min when I was on the last rc passage and it kicked my butt thoroughly.

I feel exactly the same as I did in june.

In happy news, there were hardly any testers--ie less opp for the curve to be moved ie. We get 14 pt curve

gbn

New

Post by gbn » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:53 pm

which previous LSAT number contained a RC passage section that had to do with video taped interviews of ppl in courtrooms

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:54 pm

rtvendetti wrote:
MBZags wrote:
You won't.

they would make a whole new test even on a nondisclosed? it will be nex saturday, well so says the lsac rep i talked to..they must have extra tests or somethng
They have multiple tests to begin with (i.e. foreign tests, Sabbath tests, etc.). LSAC was likely prepared. For all we know, they could also give us a previous undisclosed test that was any of the following as well. We definitely will not get the same test that was given today.

Pricer

Silver

Post by Pricer » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:56 pm

goosey wrote:In short, I feel like my brain was put through a blender, then juicer, and promplty roasted on a rotisserie.

That said, I ran out of time on games--as I did in june and spet. She called 5 min when I was on the last rc passage and it kicked my butt thoroughly.

In happy news, there were hardly any testers--ie less opp for the curve to be moved ie. We get 14 pt curve
Does it work like that? I was under the impression that the curve is predetermined and does not change once it is set.

jc631

New

Post by jc631 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:57 pm

I recognized some of the LRs too
gbn wrote:I think the LR was very easy this time around. I had two LGs, one of which was considerably easy than the other. I'm positive the real one was the harder one, and it was quite hard. The RC was moderate. One of the passages was used before on a previous LSAT, I'm trying to find out which PT that is.
A few of the LRs were reused as well.

ds001

New

Post by ds001 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:57 pm

gbn wrote:which previous LSAT number contained a RC passage section that had to do with video taped interviews of ppl in courtrooms
i don't believe that one was the same as the one in this RC.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Forcier

New

Post by Forcier » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:58 pm

gbn wrote:which previous LSAT number contained a RC passage section that had to do with video taped interviews of ppl in courtrooms

I'll see if I can find it. I know what you are talking about... the old passage talked about visual displays in the courtroom reenacting crime scenes or whatever... this was was a little more specific. Interviews.

gmreplay

Bronze

Post by gmreplay » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:59 pm

It went badly.

My first section was LG, which is by far my worst of the three. It was rather difficult and I was certain that it was the experimental. The next up was reading, which I did great on. That was a shame, because despite my great outlay of focus on the reading, I got nailed with another reading in the second half, which means that the first was experimental. This means that I did poorly on the LG, and the reading I thought I did well on didn't count (but the one I'm certain I didn't do as well on does). That's a major disappointment. If I had two LG and only the one reading I think my score might be in the 166 range, but given the turn of fate that hit me I think I'm more likely to get a 160. And man does it hurt. Should I cancel? I'm not interested in anything below top 30, and if I get below a 164-165 I'm certainly going to retake it.

maks25

New

Post by maks25 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:59 pm

Pricer wrote:
goosey wrote:In short, I feel like my brain was put through a blender, then juicer, and promplty roasted on a rotisserie.

Does it work like that? I was under the impression that the curve is predetermined and does not change once it is set.

I thought the curve is set only after all the scores are in.

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:02 pm

it sucked. there were so many where i just went with my gut and didn't have time to check. also, i got one really hard LG and one pretty easy one, but the hard one was first and its difficulty really threw me off.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fumus

New

Post by fumus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:02 pm

Hello forum!

I took the test in Albany, NY there were two RCs. Both were average difficulty, perhaps the second one being a bit easier. I flew through the LR questions both times I finished with 7-8 min remaining and I just went back through and re-read some of the questions and double checked my answers. I messed up a bit on the LGs there was a linear, then grouping, then a mixed, then a pure linear question. I should have skipped the mixed and done the last linear first, those questions were really easy. Instead I wasted a bunch of time on the mixed and then only had a few minutes left for that easier linear part, which resulted in me guessing on two. :cry: :cry: Still I have no idea what my overall score could be....I've been consistently getting in the 160s on my practice tests. I'm not planning on going to a top law school, I'm planning on Albany Law so I think anything over 150 will do, so I think I got that....dunno though...you never know.

Forcier

New

Post by Forcier » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:06 pm

gmreplay wrote:It went badly.

My first section was LG, which is by far my worst of the three. It was rather difficult and I was certain that it was the experimental. The next up was reading, which I did great on. That was a shame, because despite my great outlay of focus on the reading, I got nailed with another reading in the second half, which means that the first was experimental. This means that I did poorly on the LG, and the reading I thought I did well on didn't count (but the one I'm certain I didn't do as well on does). That's a major disappointment. If I had two LG and only the one reading I think my score might be in the 166 range, but given the turn of fate that hit me I think I'm more likely to get a 160. And man does it hurt. Should I cancel? I'm not interested in anything below top 30, and if I get below a 164-165 I'm certainly going to retake it.
man this is exactly how mine went. for whatever reason... this being my first sitting maybe... I froze in the first section LG and sucked. dominate LR, RC, LR and then BAM.... replaced my awesome RC with another fail. Did poorly cuz I really thought fate was going to give me another LG and then I realized with 30 seconds to spare I had bubbled 28 for 27 questions... never fixed them all. FML. I swore I'd never be a retaker.... now thoughts of cancel for the next few days

lawschoollll

Bronze

Post by lawschoollll » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:07 pm

I had 3 LRs. Thought all were easy.

TrialsOfMiles

New

Post by TrialsOfMiles » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:11 pm

::sigh::

It feels good to be done. SO good, that I decided to stop lurking and finally post on one of these boards. I took the test in NY, so it worked well that the snow wasn't an issue. I also took the test at the same institution I am going to for graduate school - if any future test takers have the option to do this IT TAKES A LOT OF MENTAL STRESS AWAY!

I thought the test played to my personal strengths; I used Nova, Powerscore LG and LR and made sure to "taper" the week leading up to it. I don't think I could have done any better on today than what I did, which is good.

Good luck to everyone, and let the nail biting begin! :oops:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”