Advice on standing in line before test...

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Me-a Culpa

Bronze

Advice on standing in line before test...

Postby Me-a Culpa » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:47 am

... don't do it. My test center probably had 500-600 people, and they all lined up at once, like they got extra points for being early. Seriously, I kept thinking of cows being led to the butcher. The place had nice couches, I sat there with a PT booklet and reviewed questions; although, I had trouble concentrating because I kept wondering why the hell these people were standing in line for over an hour. Once you're in the door, they cannot start without you. I was the LAST person to register. The second time... very low stress.

MURPH

Silver

Re: Advice on standing in line before test...

Postby MURPH » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:44 am

I goofed off and bragged about the 180 I was going to get. I had some friends there so I tried to blow off some tension by being loud and obnoxious. It helped me. I was laughing and having fun so when I sat down to take the test I wasn't nervous. If I had stood in line patiently and quietly I'd have been wondering what to do, how to answer questions and thinking about how hard it was.

s1m4

Bronze

Postby s1m4 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:49 am

Before you follow OPs advice, do not forget you will put yourself at a significant disadvantage
by missing out on the few options at VIP selected seating, which fills up rather fast!

Perjury

Bronze

Postby Perjury » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:28 pm

stand in the middle of the line and let out a very silent, long smelly fart.

lawman335

Bronze

Postby lawman335 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:06 pm

even i faced the same problem so i better suggest you to be earlier next time when you go there...........

booboo

Silver

Postby booboo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:11 pm

Actually, I lined up quickly at my test center when I took the LSAT, knowing that it could mean the difference between sitting in the auditorium (lots of space to place papers, utensils, etc.) and sitting in a classroom with a fold up desk and barely having space for the LSAT test booklet closed.

Me-a Culpa

Bronze

Postby Me-a Culpa » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:50 pm

booboo wrote:Actually, I lined up quickly at my test center when I took the LSAT, knowing that it could mean the difference between sitting in the auditorium (lots of space to place papers, utensils, etc.) and sitting in a classroom with a fold up desk and barely having space for the LSAT test booklet closed.

Makes sense. I was familiar with the test center, which was very nice (HUGE amount of space - 6 feet on each side with exec style chairs). Anyhow, it was not a concern. But sitting in a room for an hour that you cannot leave was stressful the first time. Second time, I was so relaxed, I could have taken a nap while they stood in line. But it could have been the familiarity.

Oh well....just trying to be helpful.

makingwaves

Bronze

Postby makingwaves » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:31 pm

s1m4 wrote:Before you follow OPs advice, do not forget you will put yourself at a significant disadvantage
by missing out on the few options at VIP selected seating, which fills up rather fast!

This would probably depend on the test center, no?

ConsideringLawSchool

Bronze

Postby ConsideringLawSchool » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:38 pm

At my center, we walked in, and there was a typed list of every person who registered with their assigned room. The center gets an A++ for organization

rcharles

Bronze

Postby rcharles » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:31 pm

There were just over 20 people at my test center. I took the exam in the very room I owned an American History class 3 years ago and was seated at the same table (2-seater) that I always sat at in that class, no BS. Proctors were amazing and just about everything was perfect.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�