seating arrangements

spearnreel

seating arrangements

Postby spearnreel » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:12 pm

Perhaps it varies but is there a specific type of protocol for seat assignment...alphabetical order, first come first served, etc.? Would it be worthwhile to even request a specific seat (I really don't want to be smack-dab in the middle...outside lane in the front of the pack if I may)? My test is being held in a decent sized auditorium.

AsylumPB

Re: seating arrangements

Postby AsylumPB » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:13 pm

my test was in a large classroom and one of the proctors seated us randomly

bitlrc

Postby bitlrc » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:14 pm

where i took the LSAT, they arranged in kind of a mix of alphabetical and reverse alphabetical order. A/Z/B/Y etc.

sapp

Postby sapp » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:27 pm

Where I was they had us all in classrooms. You were assigned a room and once you got in the room it was FFA, where the person with the longest legs and pointy elbows wins.

Good luck to you on both your seat and your test.

ogman05

Postby ogman05 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Every test I took it was alphebetical unless you came late. You can try to request a different seat if you have a particular problem. Up to the instructor. Smaller test group prob a better chance. I know they dont want all 300 kids up and moving. Otherwise you just have to deal with the randomness

angioletto

Postby angioletto » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:42 pm

Both times that I took the LSAT were different, although I was at the same location.

The first time we were brought into an auditorium in groups of 20 and then split off intp separate rooms. Our seats in the rooms had to match up with the # on an index card we were given as we entered the auditorium, which were random. Once in there we were allowed to raise our hand if we wanted a different seat but it was up to the other test takers to offer to switch with you. Once person did switch. She wanted to be up front.

The second time we actually tested in the auditorium and we just sat in the order we had arrived with 3 seats in between each tester. No one was given the choice to switch seats.

twintipping_bumps

Postby twintipping_bumps » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:48 pm

I really believe this is a factor, but I probably shouldn't. Good luck all on tomorrow.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”