Erasing marks from a previous section during the test? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Madman

New

Erasing marks from a previous section during the test?

Post by Madman » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:56 pm

So once a section is complete and you begin working on another section, if you see that you have marks on your answer sheet in a previous section (i.e. marks indicating a skipped question that you were going to go back to) or you forgot to bubble a bubble in are you able/allowed to erase the marks from a previous section or bubble that bubble in?.

I just don't want to do something stupid and get nailed to the wall because of it. I just want to make sure that I am playing by the rules.

Thanks all.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Re: Erasing marks from a previous section during the test?

Post by Sauer Grapes » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:56 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mhd08

Bronze

Post by mhd08 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:57 pm

It's definitely against the rules. Maybe if you're sneaky enough you can get away with it.

Pricer

Silver

Post by Pricer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:58 pm

From my understanding, you are not allowed to fill in any bubbles after the time is called. I am sure that if you find stray marks that may cause an error in scoring, however, you can present this to the proctor and ask to fix it before submission.

Madman

New

Post by Madman » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:58 pm

That is very good to know. Thanks. I definitely don't want to take any risks.

How would you all indicate a skipped question then, would you just circle it in the exam book, or mark it on the answer sheet?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sufjan

Bronze

Post by sufjan » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:03 pm

if a mistake is made, you can request (and pay for) hand scoring by ETS

google it

Pricer

Silver

Post by Pricer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:05 pm

On PTs, I make a tiny mark next to the number on the answer sheet. If I just circle it in the book, it will take longer to go back and find it. The marks that I make are large enough to be easily noticed, but small enough and far enough out of the way that they should not cause any scoring errors.

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:09 pm

There was a guy from TLS at the september '09 test who got busted for this and he got written up for it.
I think this is not uncommon for people to do, but just be especially careful about it because its against the rules...

Forcier

New

Post by Forcier » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:30 pm

Anyone know how it is scored if you fill in extra questions on a section? I seriously have probably on three different PTs started to bubble 24-27 on LG when I'm working towards the end of LR or RC. Better to let it lie since it shouldn't be scored anyway or erase it?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JasonR

Bronze

Post by JasonR » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:43 pm

Good way to get blackballed from every law school for life. You decide if that's worth the risk or not.

DarkPhantom

Bronze

Post by DarkPhantom » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:47 pm

From what I know and have heard, the proctor at one of the testing centers here wrote remarks for someone who bubbled in one answer 5 seconds after time was called.

If you see on your watch you have less than 30secs left, and you have 3-4 questions left, go with either C or D (pick one, not both) because I think those are the most common answers on the last questions

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:04 pm

I am confused (I haven't taken a real test yet)

do they use the same answersheet as in the preptests? if so how do they know which section you are bubbling? (during a different section).

Or how do they know you are working on the right section instead of cleaning up a previously finished section (which is against the rules)?

becauseimaddicted

New

Post by becauseimaddicted » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:43 pm

r6_philly wrote:I am confused (I haven't taken a real test yet)

do they use the same answersheet as in the preptests? if so how do they know which section you are bubbling? (during a different section).

Or how do they know you are working on the right section instead of cleaning up a previously finished section (which is against the rules)?
yes. they would have to see you and i would imagine its difficult to catch, especially since most proctors are very busy picking their noses during the exam. But rules are rules and it seems risky for a question or two.

(that said, I was made to take my (non-hooded) sweater off and I swore that you could wear something like that if you didn't remove it during the exam. Also, he randomly picked sweater-wearers to discipline...some people got to keep theirs)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”