LSAT Retaking Advice Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

LSAT Retaking Advice

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:35 am

I took the LSAT for the first time in December. I got around 7 wrong on LR and RC combined, and about 6 wrong on LG.

I was pretty happy, but now I have been reading and people are saying there is no excuse for getting that many wrong on LG. In addition, the RC and LR ones I got wrong were all in the last 6 questions on each section, as I became rushed.

So my question is this: is it worth it to begin studying intensively for the June LSAT, and try to get a 175+. I am planning on going to law school in Fall 2010, but I am thinking I will be on some T14 waitlists still, and maybe they will keep me on them if I let them know I am retaking. Or will it be too late when I get my score back?

My GPA is too low for HYS regardless of score, but with a 175 I think I will have a legit shot at Columbia or NYU (I don't want Chicago). I don't want to wait a year, and I will probably just end up going to BC or BU. I might convince myself to wait a year for NYU though.

What do people think?

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Re: LSAT Retaking Advice

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:40 am

Anyone...anything?

booboo

Silver

Post by booboo » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:52 am

Difficult question to answer, but if you riding on a few waitlists, the increased LSAT could help.

sunrunner

New

Post by sunrunner » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:08 am

booboo wrote:Difficult question to answer, but if you riding on a few waitlists, the increased LSAT could help.
What if a candidate decreases in score?

Interminable_Waiting

Bronze

Post by Interminable_Waiting » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:52 am

I'm sure a decrease would hurt, but it wouldn't effect whichever school I have put my deposit down at. If I am still on a waitlist in June its not super likely I will be getting in anyway without something exciting to catch an adcoms eye. My life is fairly boring, so the LSAT boost might do the trick.

I am also thinking it could be a reason to keep me on a waitlist, just to see how I perform.

I am going to get back into studying for it with my friend who is retaking in June after pulling a low 150s in December and wasting money on a Kaplan course. At worst I figure I'll get him over 160, and if my PTs go up dramatically, I will probably retake; if not, then I won't.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”