Anyone ever gotten lost at the break?

ConsideringLawSchool

Anyone ever gotten lost at the break?

Postby ConsideringLawSchool » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:28 pm

I recognize that this concern sounds silly, but I am taking the test in a large building, and I have an embarrassing history of getting lost. Has anyone ever missed the second half due to getting lost at the break?

Vincent Vega

Re: Anyone ever gotten lost at the break?

Postby Vincent Vega » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:31 pm

Simple solution - don't leave the area. You don't need to go to the lobby 500 feet east and two floors down from your test room.

jmaan

Postby jmaan » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:32 pm

no

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:34 pm

Maybe, but no has heard the story since that person never made it to law school.

Relax. You will do fine.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:35 pm

I don't know about lost, but someone got shut out of mine. I think they took a smoke break, didn't come back in time, they came to the door, stepped in and the proctor took them out to the hall...next thing you know, proctor is carrying out their plastic bag.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:36 pm

Cupidity wrote:I don't know about lost, but someone got shut out of mine. I think they took a smoke break, didn't come back in time, they came to the door, stepped in and the proctor took them out to the hall...next thing you know, proctor is carrying out their plastic bag.

I lol-ed.

jack duluoz

Postby jack duluoz » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:38 pm

Cupidity wrote:I don't know about lost, but someone got shut out of mine. I think they took a smoke break, didn't come back in time, they came to the door, stepped in and the proctor took them out to the hall...next thing you know, proctor is carrying out their plastic bag.

LOL! yes! i like that story.

kazu

Postby kazu » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:42 pm

If this actually happened, the addendum would be hilarious...

ConsideringLawSchool

Postby ConsideringLawSchool » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:43 pm

Kobe_Teeth wrote:Maybe, but no has heard the story since that person never made it to law school.

Relax. You will do fine.

thanks -- I just have an awful history. In high school, when we played other schools in sports, I angered several coaches by getting lost on my way back from the locker rooms. In college, I lost a car in a different state -- while totally sober!

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:47 pm

ConsideringLawSchool wrote:
Kobe_Teeth wrote:Maybe, but no has heard the story since that person never made it to law school.

Relax. You will do fine.

thanks -- I just have an awful history. In high school, when we played other schools in sports, I angered several coaches by getting lost on my way back from the locker rooms. In college, I lost a car in a different state -- while totally sober!

Someday when I write a sitcom I'm going to base a character on you.

Should you go into copyright law, remember this conversation.

But, trust me, relax, you will be fine. You're conscious of the problem. You will be ok.

ConsideringLawSchool

Postby ConsideringLawSchool » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:40 am

Kobe_Teeth wrote:
ConsideringLawSchool wrote:

Relax. You will do fine.

Someday when I write a sitcom I'm going to base a character on you.

Should you go into copyright law, remember this conversation.

But, trust me, relax, you will be fine. You're conscious of the problem. You will be
ok.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:44 am

Sorry OP, but some threads on here are just downright silly sometimes. Sure, this is a place to calm our neurotic minds (though many times this place has the opposite effect), but c'mon. If you don't want to get lost, don't leave the room. At least he/she isn't asking whether or not to wear an old person diaper during the test.

ConsideringLawSchool

Postby ConsideringLawSchool » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:02 am

dakatz wrote:Sorry OP, but some threads on here are just downright silly sometimes. Sure, this is a place to calm our neurotic minds (though many times this place has the opposite effect), but c'mon. If you don't want to get lost, don't leave the room. At least he/she isn't asking whether or not to wear an old person diaper during the test.

Seeing as I have no interest in such undergarments, I will probably leave to visit the facilities

joekim1

Postby joekim1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:06 am

just follow other people around. easy enough. unless they're all like you, in which case that WOULD make a good sitcom episode

ConsideringLawSchool

Postby ConsideringLawSchool » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:08 am

"the caper of the dozen vanishing LSAT-takers"

kaya_belly

Postby kaya_belly » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:16 am

No.

BUT, I did have the student "tour guide" walk me and four other test-takers around the building for twenty minutes trying to find the room. I took the test at a local community college, and the organization was terrible. Our guide finally got us to the right place, but everyone else was almost done filling out the personal info. Great way to start an LSAT!

SJU2010

Postby SJU2010 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Buddy Up with someone, this way they will remember how to get back. It almost happened to me. During the break, I went to Starbucks a few blocks away, on my way back I made a left instead of a right and walked a few blocks in the wrong direction, once i realized the mistake I had about 5 min to get back. I never ran as fast as that day before, and I made it in time too.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:51 pm

Have you ever seen little kids playing sports? How they all just bunch up and move in a little herd? That is what LSAT day looks like. You'll be fine.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”