Stressing about the June 2010 LSAT - Prep advice welcome Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
rocksolid325

New

Re: Stressing about the June 2010 LSAT - Prep advice welcome

Post by rocksolid325 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:55 pm

a big congratulations to you! i hope some of us will be able to do as well as you did. thanks for all the great advice!

rocklos

New

Post by rocklos » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:18 pm

Great advice and congrats on the score.

I was wondering if you had any specific tips for LR, specifically for Inference/Must be true questions?

kacee

New

Post by kacee » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:41 pm

No dream school. No clue whether or not I want to go to law school at this point. Not convinced that I want to be a lawyer, but it's a possibility -- having this LSAT score means I have another year or two to putter around and decide if that's what I want to do and still be able to get into an awesome school. Really don't want to get trapped in a $50k mistake. Unfortunately this score also means my family is going ape shit trying to convince me to go to Stanford or whatever (which I couldn't get into, with my softs). :roll:

No idea on specific LR type advice, sorry! The LRB is my holy literature on the matter.

cherryalamode

Bronze

Post by cherryalamode » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:05 pm

kacee wrote:No dream school. No clue whether or not I want to go to law school at this point. Not convinced that I want to be a lawyer, but it's a possibility -- having this LSAT score means I have another year or two to putter around and decide if that's what I want to do and still be able to get into an awesome school. Really don't want to get trapped in a $50k mistake. Unfortunately this score also means my family is going ape shit trying to convince me to go to Stanford or whatever (which I couldn't get into, with my softs). :roll:

No idea on specific LR type advice, sorry! The LRB is my holy literature on the matter.
Kacee, with you amazing score, I doubt you'd get into much debt! Can we say SCHOLARSHIP? lol. :lol:

I have another couple of questions for you which I hope you don't mind answering... how much did you study every week? 10 hours? 30? Basically, I'm trying to get a picture of what your schedule was like. What materials did you use? Only PTs and bibles?

kacee

New

Post by kacee » Tue May 25, 2010 8:17 am

I am really fuzzy on how scholarships would go. Some of my family is lawyers and they insist that I could get a full ride into a top 14 school. I find this very hard to believe! Especially with the way things are going right now. Too many applicants and budget cuts. I would love to talk to some people who've gone through the process, but for now I think I'm looking at a 2012 cycle - at the earliest.

I studied as much as I could there at the end! At least a couple hours every night, sometimes binges of 3-5 hours. Rarely more. So 20-30 hours in the last 6 weeks or so. Before that, very sporadic. I used the Bibles, PTs and some Kaplan explanations for the questions I just couldn't figure out why THAT was the answer and not THAT (extremely useful!).

If I could go back I might pick up the Kaplan LSAT 180 book. I needed practice mostly on the HARDEST sections and that is what that book provides. I didn't know it existed!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

alphagamma

Bronze

Post by alphagamma » Tue May 25, 2010 11:34 am

kacee wrote:I am really fuzzy on how scholarships would go. Some of my family is lawyers and they insist that I could get a full ride into a top 14 school. I find this very hard to believe! Especially with the way things are going right now. Too many applicants and budget cuts. I would love to talk to some people who've gone through the process, but for now I think I'm looking at a 2012 cycle - at the earliest.

I studied as much as I could there at the end! At least a couple hours every night, sometimes binges of 3-5 hours. Rarely more. So 20-30 hours in the last 6 weeks or so. Before that, very sporadic. I used the Bibles, PTs and some Kaplan explanations for the questions I just couldn't figure out why THAT was the answer and not THAT (extremely useful!).

If I could go back I might pick up the Kaplan LSAT 180 book. I needed practice mostly on the HARDEST sections and that is what that book provides. I didn't know it existed!
Budget cuts? I didn't think law schools would be hurting, what with all the extra applicants. But maybe alumni contributions are down?

wrichcirw

New

Post by wrichcirw » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:11 pm

alphagamma wrote:
kacee wrote:I am really fuzzy on how scholarships would go. Some of my family is lawyers and they insist that I could get a full ride into a top 14 school. I find this very hard to believe! Especially with the way things are going right now. Too many applicants and budget cuts. I would love to talk to some people who've gone through the process, but for now I think I'm looking at a 2012 cycle - at the earliest.

Budget cuts? I didn't think law schools would be hurting, what with all the extra applicants. But maybe alumni contributions are down?
They're hurting bad. The UCs in California have all raised in-state tuition by around 30%. There are record numbers of applicants. Public schools now cost more than private schools. One of my law professors at Cal (he teaches undergrad, too, which is where I met him) said it was great that Cal was treating their law school more like a private school - it helps them maintain academic integrity. It also makes it more expensive to attend than Harvard. :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”