The closings have started [updated 10:28 EST]

User avatar
badpixie
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 09:07 EST]

Postby badpixie » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:51 am

Is it possible that some centers won't actually be cancelled until tomorrow morning? I'm trying to decide if I need to bring my laptop to the hotel tonight.

User avatar
Anastasia Dee Dualla
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:03 am

Re: The closings have started [updated 09:07 EST]

Postby Anastasia Dee Dualla » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:07 am

badpixie wrote:Is it possible that some centers won't actually be cancelled until tomorrow morning? I'm trying to decide if I need to bring my laptop to the hotel tonight.


You should probably bring it just in case they cancel late tonight.

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: The closings have started [updated 09:07 EST]

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:08 am

badpixie wrote:Is it possible that some centers won't actually be cancelled until tomorrow morning? I'm trying to decide if I need to bring my laptop to the hotel tonight.

im bringing mine to my hotel. definitely a necessity

democrattotheend
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 09:07 EST]

Postby democrattotheend » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:15 am

I hope they cancel it at American. One of my good friends is taking it there, and as of now it's still on. AU is nowhere near a Metro station, and I don't know how people can get there if AU suspends shuttle service, as they're likely to do. Plus, Metro is saying that if we get 8 inches or more, they will suspend service to all outdoor stations. And they very well might suspend bus service as well, like they did last time we had a blizzard. So anyone who doesn't live right near an underground station would be totally screwed, not to mention the difficulty of getting to AU from the Metro.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: The closings have started [updated 09:07 EST]

Postby Sauer Grapes » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:21 am

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GentlemanJim
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:59 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 09:07 EST]

Postby GentlemanJim » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:29 am

democrattotheend wrote:I hope they cancel it at American. One of my good friends is taking it there, and as of now it's still on. AU is nowhere near a Metro station, and I don't know how people can get there if AU suspends shuttle service, as they're likely to do. Plus, Metro is saying that if we get 8 inches or more, they will suspend service to all outdoor stations. And they very well might suspend bus service as well, like they did last time we had a blizzard. So anyone who doesn't live right near an underground station would be totally screwed, not to mention the difficulty of getting to AU from the Metro.


I live right next to Union Station and my plan was to metro over there. However, it's still a walk from the station. Could be a major bitch.

nonprofit-prophet
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:10 am

Re: The closings have started [updated 09:07 EST]

Postby nonprofit-prophet » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:39 am

just closed american... this sucks

nova87
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:40 am

Re: The closings have started [updated 09:07 EST]

Postby nova87 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:45 am

oh boy they just closed 2 in New Jersey:

New Jersey

* Center 1001 - Rutgers University, Newark, NJ
* Center 1007 - Richard Stockton College of NJ, Pomona, NJ

If Rutgers Newark is closed, which is north and supposed to get the same amount or less snow, then it would "logically follow" that Rutgers New Brunswick will eventually close?

User avatar
badpixie
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 09:07 EST]

Postby badpixie » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:48 am

I'm surprised that Rutgers Newark made the list before New Brunswick.

I'm at William Paterson, so I am still waiting to see what they are going to do.

theanswer
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 09:07 EST]

Postby theanswer » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:53 am

All of these closings mean that a huge portion of the Feb LSAT test-taking population will have to re-schedule. The storm is headed right up the I-95 corridor--it is not unreasonable to think that test-takers in these areas make up 30-40% of the whole LSAT test-taking population. This could end up being a huge mess, it is going to be very hard to accomadate all persons who need to re-schedule, especially with the holiday weekend next week. It will likely be a long time before scores are released, and who knows what the hell will happen as far as curve goes

lesak1313
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 09:07 EST]

Postby lesak1313 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:56 am

nova87 wrote:oh boy they just closed 2 in New Jersey:

New Jersey

* Center 1001 - Rutgers University, Newark, NJ
* Center 1007 - Richard Stockton College of NJ, Pomona, NJ

If Rutgers Newark is closed, which is north and supposed to get the same amount or less snow, then it would "logically follow" that Rutgers New Brunswick will eventually close?


Where did you read this? I haven't been notified and can't find it on LSAC.

chintand
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:09 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 09:07 EST]

Postby chintand » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:00 pm

lesak1313 wrote:
nova87 wrote:oh boy they just closed 2 in New Jersey:

New Jersey

* Center 1001 - Rutgers University, Newark, NJ
* Center 1007 - Richard Stockton College of NJ, Pomona, NJ

If Rutgers Newark is closed, which is north and supposed to get the same amount or less snow, then it would "logically follow" that Rutgers New Brunswick will eventually close?


Where did you read this? I haven't been notified and can't find it on LSAC.



http://www.lsac.org/news-and-announcements.asp <----thats where they've been updating

LongueFrappe
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 10:11 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 10:54 EST]

Postby LongueFrappe » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:01 pm

Nice to see more closings in dc and maryland, still none for my center though which is pissing me off as the schools that I live most closest to are all closed. Just got off the phone with LSAC the school needs to notify them before they announce any closings. So you better call your test center and remind them that they've rented space to a third party that they must notify if they are going to close the school tomorrow.
Last edited by LongueFrappe on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

schand
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 10:54 EST]

Postby schand » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:01 pm

Brookdale Community College in NJ is closed, but not posted on LSAC yet:

--LinkRemoved--

lesak1313
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:30 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 09:07 EST]

Postby lesak1313 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:03 pm

chintand wrote:http://www.lsac.org/news-and-announcements.asp <----thats where they've been updating


Thanks. Anyone know when the makeup test is usually scheduled? One week after? Two weeks after?

JSIM462
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:20 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 10:54 EST]

Postby JSIM462 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:04 pm

What a tease closing the Newark campus before New Brunswick. I will be pissed...

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 10:54 EST]

Postby xcountryjunkie » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:04 pm

UGH, the other local college (5-10 mins from my testing center) is closed. Is there any hope for mine?

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 10:54 EST]

Postby booboo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:05 pm

I was wondering how long it would take before UVA was added to the list... :P.

LongueFrappe
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 10:11 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 10:54 EST]

Postby LongueFrappe » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:06 pm

booboo wrote:I was wondering how long it would take before UVA was added to the list... :P.


I feel the urge to strangle.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 10:54 EST]

Postby keg411 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:10 pm

I almost took it at Rutgers Newark, but my center is also very very close to there, so I'm guessing we'll probably be closed too.

Rutgers Newarks is about half an hour away for Rutgers New Brunswick, but I'm pretty sure NB is supposed to get more snow than Newark, so it's weird that they've closed one and not the other already.

User avatar
tea_drinker
Posts: 781
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:44 am

Re: The closings have started [updated 10:54 EST]

Postby tea_drinker » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:20 pm

booboo wrote:I was wondering how long it would take before UVA was added to the list... :P.



UVA just been added to the list.

wonder if who want and who dont want to take the exam this sat?

chintand
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:09 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 10:54 EST]

Postby chintand » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:20 pm

New York

* Center 3633 - Wagner College, Staten Island, NY

North Carolina

* Center 5311 - University of North Carolina-Greensboro, Greensboro, NC


just added...well our first new york and nc ones

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 11:34 EST]

Postby r6_philly » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:11 pm

I just called Swarthmore and they are closed. LSAC hasn't updated it but the school said it is. For all who's wondering you should call the center instead of waiting for LSAC.

I think no school is going to pay money for snow removal prior to the blunt of the storm, so it is unlikely that any school in a surburban setting will have any facility open tomorrow.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 11:34 EST]

Postby Mr. Matlock » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Well, it's raining now here in Los Angeles. *fingers crossed*

LongueFrappe
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 10:11 pm

Re: The closings have started [updated 11:34 EST]

Postby LongueFrappe » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:12 pm

The LSAT examination scheduled for Saturday, February 6th has been cancelled. LSAC will contact all test candidates via email the week for February 8-12 regarding their options.


Going to hangout with my buds, get stinko'd and probably come home on Sunday. :D




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], BobBoblaw, dj9i27, jagerbom79, JoshLyman13, maybeman and 5 guests