The closings have started [updated 10:28 EST] Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bluebonnet21

New

Re: The closings have started [updated 23:58 EST]

Post by bluebonnet21 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:07 am

I guess Georgetown has just decided to be hardcore? Why would they not cancel as well?

jr8966

New

Post by jr8966 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:22 am

Georgetown is the least accessible part of Washington, DC. I wonder how many people will show up to test?

Victrolla

New

Post by Victrolla » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:30 am

jr8966 wrote:Georgetown is the least accessible part of Washington, DC. I wonder how many people will show up to test?

Georgetown isn't shutting down because of the NCAA Men's game. I think even though they play at the V Center, they would still have to cancel the game if the University closes. They don't want to refund 20,000 tickets. As a Syracuse fan, this makes me hate them even more. This is so unfair to the people registered at Georgetown. There are already 16 inches of snow outside of my apartment, and METRO has suspended all bus service.... since Georgetown doesn't have a metro, it doesn't leave a lot of options.

I hope Villanova kills them.

mcubed2

New

Post by mcubed2 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:47 am

I talked to Georgetown's campus police about 20 min ago -- they said over 2 feet of snow up there.. things arent really plowed and they are giving out a fax number to send a letter into LSAC because it isnt safe to get up there.

mar32310

New

Post by mar32310 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:07 am

My university is closed but it looks like LSAC has not updated since last night..how do I find out if it is canceled?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jr8966

New

Post by jr8966 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:50 am

What is the number for Georgetown? I definitely will not be able to make it. This proctor is putting people in danger. The LSAT is already an experience for some individuals, and then to make people actually walk through this storm since the metro is closed or many don't have 4X4s. Pull your head out! :evil:

mcubed2

New

Post by mcubed2 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:54 am

The campus police number for Georgetown is 202-687-4343.

I went outside after I called them and there is no way I can drive there - cabs and public transportation have been eliminated as well due to the blizzard. There is so much snow out there to the point that when I walk I can't touch the ground. Georgetown is nuts and if they are doing this because of a basketball game I will be really upset.

Alpha Helix

New

Post by Alpha Helix » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:56 am

Hello, make-up.

zILch

New

Post by zILch » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:17 am

Snow.

One of the many reasons banking on a February LSAT is unwise.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mdeleon4

New

Post by mdeleon4 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:18 am

so what happens now? When will we know when were taking it? Is it two weeks one week? what have they done in the past?

LongueFrappe

New

Re: The closings have started [updated 10:28 EST]

Post by LongueFrappe » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:31 pm

My center is closed as well, I can't even get out of my own house, but Lsat hasn't added it to the official list of closed centers. I called LSAT informing them that it is closed but they seem disinterested in the fact that Maryland/D.C. is facing one of the worst snowstorms in recorded history.

wadeny

Bronze

Post by wadeny » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:44 pm

LongueFrappe wrote:My center is closed as well, I can't even get out of my own house, but Lsat hasn't added it to the official list of closed centers. I called LSAT informing them that it is closed but they seem disinterested in the fact that Maryland/D.C. is facing one of the worst snowstorms in recorded history.
This whole situation is ridiculous. LSAC is completely oblivious to the plight of so many test takers...I guess in times of emergency they really show their true colors.

MegD

New

Post by MegD » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:48 pm

zILch wrote:Snow.

This brings up a really great point. I, for one, was completely depending on this score, as my December score was incredibly low. Now I am considering this as a sign that I might need to wait until June... I have not submitted my apps (was planning on completing them by tomorrow.) Will my LSAC account get all screwed up if I just wait until next cycle? Also, my main concern is my letters of recommendation. Are they still valid for the next cycle or do I have to request another letter? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

booboo

Silver

Post by booboo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:50 pm

MegD wrote:
zILch wrote:Snow.

This brings up a really great point. I, for one, was completely depending on this score, as my December score was incredibly low. Now I am considering this as a sign that I might need to wait until June... I have not submitted my apps (was planning on completing them by tomorrow.) Will my LSAC account get all screwed up if I just wait until next cycle? Also, my main concern is my letters of recommendation. Are they still valid for the next cycle or do I have to request another letter? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
In regards to the LOR's, they should be fine. I submitted mines a good 10 months before I applied.

LongueFrappe

New

Post by LongueFrappe » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:52 pm

megd I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you are prepared already just take the makeup test. It is already the end of the cycle and from what I understand even though we are taking a makeup the day the score is released will not change.

rtvendetti

New

Post by rtvendetti » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:40 pm

yeah i totally freaked out when i walked in my test center and nobody was there..it was at my university i attended so i knew where ewverything was but i ran around the whole building looking for people lol..well we will have to see how the test was now from the ones that did take the test haha since i really doubt they will make up a whole new test ina week..maybe the types of games will leak out lol

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:43 pm

rtvendetti wrote:yeah i totally freaked out when i walked in my test center and nobody was there..it was at my university i attended so i knew where ewverything was but i ran around the whole building looking for people lol..well we will have to see how the test was now from the ones that did take the test haha since i really doubt they will make up a whole new test ina week..maybe the types of games will leak out lol
LSAC have plenty of tests they can use. February tests from previous years can be reused - they're non disclosed, as can the Saturday sabbath tests. I think international tests are different too, and also non disclosed. There may even be multiple international tests to allow for time differences between the antipodes.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:07 pm

albanach wrote:
rtvendetti wrote:yeah i totally freaked out when i walked in my test center and nobody was there..it was at my university i attended so i knew where ewverything was but i ran around the whole building looking for people lol..well we will have to see how the test was now from the ones that did take the test haha since i really doubt they will make up a whole new test ina week..maybe the types of games will leak out lol
LSAC have plenty of tests they can use. February tests from previous years can be reused - they're non disclosed, as can the Saturday sabbath tests. I think international tests are different too, and also non disclosed. There may even be multiple international tests to allow for time differences between the antipodes.
There are different international tests by region. The Saturday tests are also different. I'd be highly surprised if you got the same test as the people who already took it.

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:56 pm

It appears that everywhere (at least from my first glance) that was canceled on Saturday is also canceled for the Monday test.

Perhaps they'll use the Monday test as the make up one? It seems strange to have canceled at all the same locations, especially since many are listed as open for tomorrow.

http://lsac.org/news-and-announcements.asp#closed

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:43 am

albanach wrote:It appears that everywhere (at least from my first glance) that was canceled on Saturday is also canceled for the Monday test.

Perhaps they'll use the Monday test as the make up one? It seems strange to have canceled at all the same locations, especially since many are listed as open for tomorrow.

http://lsac.org/news-and-announcements.asp#closed
Good catch! I'd bet we all get that Monday test. I also wonder if this means they're going to do the make up in two weeks since next week is President's Day weekend and I can't imagine they'd have a Monday test on the 15th. I'm going to call LSAC later today and see if I can find out when the snow day test will be.

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:17 am

Wow, so LSAC just updated the site again. Apparently only:

* Center 1405 - Montgomery College-Rockville Campus, Rockville, MD

is closed for today. So, since last night, their site told lots of folk testing today that the center was closed. Now it looks like that might not be the case after all.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”