So the wheels have fallen off my LSAT train. Advice Needed

yeff

Re: So the wheels have fallen off my LSAT train. Advice Needed

Postby yeff » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:48 pm

goosey wrote:if youve hit over 170, realize that you have the skill. the lsat is a skill-based test. once youve got it, youre not going to lose it that fast. I scored below my average two times in a row, and this time around I just told myself that I have the ability to kill every single section as long as I dont let the test own me. You know the material. If you could do it at home, you can do it in the testing center. the only difference is your mindset. the lsat is standardized--the test itself will be just as hard as the other tests youve taken. you took those practice tests and you will be taking the real thing--the variable here is not as much the test as it is your mental state. own your mental state.

*plays rocky music*

jks289 wrote:On of the most important things I think you can do with the next two days is practice re-centering yourself. There will be a rough section, a game you don't quite finish, something will go a little wrong, it's the LSAT. And you need to have a way to get yourself back in the game, and not spiral into panic. Eyes closed for 3 seconds, a predetermined pep talk, etc. I think freaking out is how things can go wrong.

+1 to each

OP, everything from here forward depends on confidence. Anxiety and self-doubt will KILL YOU on test day. No more full PTs for you.

dynomite

Postby dynomite » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:11 pm

jks289 wrote:On of the most important things I think you can do with the next two days is practice re-centering yourself. There will be a rough section, a game you don't quite finish, something will go a little wrong, it's the LSAT. And you need to have a way to get yourself back in the game, and not spiral into panic. Eyes closed for 3 seconds, a predetermined pep talk, etc. I think freaking out is how things can go wrong.

I'll highlight this again. Count to 3, look out the window at the wide world beyond or something, and then get back to it.

You've studied too hard for too long to let the LSAT makers get the best of you.

Veyron

Postby Veyron » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:18 pm

Friday -
Go to bar.

Saturday - Sleep in till 2:00, watch TV all day

Sunday - exercise

Monday, wake up at 2:00 resume studying.

goosey

Postby goosey » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Veyron wrote:Friday -
Go to bar.

Saturday - Sleep in till 2:00, watch TV all day

Sunday - exercise

Monday, wake up at 2:00 resume studying.

:shock: the lsat is on saturday, if op drinks on friday and sleeps til noon on saturday, he/she is screwed

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”