Studying Question

poo

Studying Question

Postby poo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:29 am

I'm currently studying for the June lsat and I'm having issues figuring out how much time to devote each day/ how many days a week to study. I find I am either studying too much to the point where I burn out, or too little where I don't feel like I've learned anything. Can anyone share how many days a week/ how many hours on those days they studied? Thanks a lot in advance.

scottwisconsin

Re: Studying Question

Postby scottwisconsin » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:32 am

here is a tip dude. you are studying too much too early. my suggestion, do a practice test maybe once a week (at most) and then really kick it into high gear and do a test like 4 days a week - or more if youre up for it. you dont want to burn out real early though. also make sure to have snickers bars for the break. they are a necessity.

dynomite

Postby dynomite » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:26 am

poo wrote:I'm currently studying for the June lsat and I'm having issues figuring out how much time to devote each day/ how many days a week to study. I find I am either studying too much to the point where I burn out, or too little where I don't feel like I've learned anything. Can anyone share how many days a week/ how many hours on those days they studied? Thanks a lot in advance.

It depends where you are in your testing scores vs. where you want to be on test day.

If you want to go up 10+ points I'd recommend taking a class, whether online or in person, if you can afford it. That kind of structured study will help relax you and force you to have a schedule, not to mention get you all the study material you could ever ask for.

If you want to go up 5-10 points I'd buy the Powerscore Bible for whichever section(s) you're struggling in. (If you do this, shop around -- I found the LG Bible on walmart.com for half of what amazon.com was asking)

kinch

Postby kinch » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:27 am

This early on, I don't think you should be studying too much. Maybe 30 minutes a day (that's what I did, anyway). Then as the test comes closer, start studying more (several hours a day).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”