Do they ever reschedule the LSAT due to inclement weather? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
cgs230

New

Re: Do they ever reschedule the LSAT due to inclement weather?

Post by cgs230 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:33 pm

I'm starting to think there is a zero percent chance anyone in DC is taking the test this sat.

Knock on wood.

GentlemanJim

Bronze

Post by GentlemanJim » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:44 pm

yeah it certainly doesn't look like it. at this point, I'm cool with it - I just want to know.

tigerlily215

New

Post by tigerlily215 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:50 am

I just called the LSAC and they said that the New Jersey test centers havnt contacted them yet about their closing due to the blizzard we are getting. That is not fair!!!!!! I am not driving in 18 inches of snow to go take the test. I asked them if our state is not included in the list, but we cant make it what would happen, they told me that then I would have to write them a letter and explain my situation and they would then decide on a case by case basis on what they will do. This sucks!!!!!!!!!!! JUST CANCEL NJ ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!

JSIM462

New

Post by JSIM462 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:08 pm

tigerlily215 wrote:I just called the LSAC and they said that the New Jersey test centers havnt contacted them yet about their closing due to the blizzard we are getting. That is not fair!!!!!! I am not driving in 18 inches of snow to go take the test. I asked them if our state is not included in the list, but we cant make it what would happen, they told me that then I would have to write them a letter and explain my situation and they would then decide on a case by case basis on what they will do. This sucks!!!!!!!!!!! JUST CANCEL NJ ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!
Rutgers Newark and Stockton closed..there is hope for us. I am RU New Brunswick...just waiting

mcubed2

New

Post by mcubed2 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:15 pm

why is georgetown still open for tomorrow? with snow that place will be the least accessible in dc....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LongueFrappe

New

Post by LongueFrappe » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:16 pm

Don't worry, all test centers in Maryland will be closed. If not stay at home and tell LSAC why. My school/center just closed but lsac hasn't updated it yet.

jr8966

New

Post by jr8966 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:18 pm

mcubed2 wrote:why is georgetown still open for tomorrow? with snow that place will be the least accessible in dc....

I agree. I need to get my sled and dogs ready. It is going to be a long commute.

jr8966

New

Post by jr8966 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:20 pm

I just checked Georgetown Law Center website. GULC will be closed today and tomorrow.

tea_drinker

Silver

Post by tea_drinker » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:26 pm

jr8966 wrote:
mcubed2 wrote:why is georgetown still open for tomorrow? with snow that place will be the least accessible in dc....

I agree. I need to get my sled and dogs ready. It is going to be a long commute.

What happened to georgetown? 4/5 other test centers in DC have closed

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mcubed2

New

Post by mcubed2 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:28 pm

lsat is at the undergrad campus for Georgetown.. not the law school for me at least. This is what the undergrad webpage says..

"Saturday, February 6, 2010

Main Campus, Medical Center, Medical School, M Street and Clarendon classes scheduled for Saturday, February 6th are canceled.

The LSAT test, Parents Weekend and Leadership Weekend events will continue as scheduled."

how are people supposed to get there?!

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:54 pm

blhoward2 wrote:
BenJ wrote:They do, but the forecast for DC on Friday is only snow showers, not a blizzard.
I'm not sure of DC's forecast but we have a blizzard warning out for DE. It may in fact be a blizzard in DC.
The forecast changed substantially since when I posted that :)

Also, Georgetown is insane.

tigerlily215

New

Post by tigerlily215 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:07 pm

NEW JERSEY RUTGERS NEW BRUNSWICK CANCELLED!!!

cgs230

New

Post by cgs230 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:36 pm

HOW IS GEORGETOWN NOT CLOSED? EVERY SCHOOL IN A 50 MILE RADIUS IS CLOSED.

I think there is a mistake. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:51 pm

I called my test center and they don't even know who the rep is who is supposed to talk to LSAC about closures :lol:. Apparently they are getting a ton of calls, but the lady I spoke to actually called me back personally which was really nice. I think I was the first of the "flood" of calls since the operator transferred me somewhere else first (where the person on the other end was not as nice).

commonpleas

New

Post by commonpleas » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:06 pm

keg411 wrote:I called my test center and they don't even know who the rep is who is supposed to talk to LSAC about closures :lol:. Apparently they are getting a ton of calls, but the lady I spoke to actually called me back personally which was really nice. I think I was the first of the "flood" of calls since the operator transferred me somewhere else first (where the person on the other end was not as nice).
my center has no idea who to talk to at LSAC or what the procedure for cancellations is either, which is rather worrisome for me. i've had to do a lot of calling around on my own and while i've found out some new information, there seems to be a lot of diffusion of responsibility going on and i still have no idea what is going to happen tomorrow morning. and apparently neither does anyone else. i'm just hoping for power outages at the center, completely snow-covered roads and snowed in proctors. at this point no one really believes that it's going to be that bad since the snow hasn't really started. the guy at the center said "and we can't really trust the media," which may or may not be true, but i wish this one time he would just go ahead and decide that a glass of wine and sleeping in sounds way better than trekking through the snow at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow. definitely sounds nice to me :)

jc631

New

Post by jc631 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:17 pm

My test center (CW Post) doesn't seem to know either. I called and all they could say was to call the school's emergency line in the morning before I leave to find out whether or not they are actually open.

commonpleas

New

Post by commonpleas » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:32 pm

jc631 wrote:My test center (CW Post) doesn't seem to know either. I called and all they could say was to call the school's emergency line in the morning before I leave to find out whether or not they are actually open.
keep calling around to your center's facilities manager (and/or whoever is in charge of renting the space out to LSAC) and the provosts office (who is in charge of officially closing the university) and let them know that they have to take the steps necessary to close the center (because people at my center said they weren't sure what was going on and they thought maybe they had to hear from LSAC that the center was closed which is not the case at all) and just in general explain to them why this is an important issue and how messy it could get tomorrow morning.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jr8966

New

Post by jr8966 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:49 pm

Any update on Georgetown? The operators office is not even working! FML!

Perjury

Bronze

Post by Perjury » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:09 pm

when do we get the reschedule notice?

kristina88

New

Post by kristina88 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:18 pm

does anyone know if they are cancelling the LSAT at Ohio State tomorrow??

GordonBombay

Bronze

Post by GordonBombay » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:51 pm

I got moved from Columbia to Wagner College on Staten Island... The only one that got canceled. Lost my hotel room payment and day I took off work. Also was applying pending results so this really screws me now.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mcubed2

New

Post by mcubed2 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:00 pm

i cannot believe georgetown is still open tomorrow... the roads are getting bad. I went over to their campus and the snow is building up and it's pretty slippery over there.

Perjury

Bronze

Post by Perjury » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:47 pm

maybe the proctor lives on campus

dreamscometrue

New

Post by dreamscometrue » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:07 pm

Is the makeup exam most likely two weeks from tomorrow, on Feb. 20? I won't be able to take the exam if it's more than two weeks later, but regardless, I'll have to take the risk and pay $400 to reschedule my flight so I can hopefully take this test.

jerseygirl1983

New

Post by jerseygirl1983 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:34 pm

Has anyone here experienced a test delay/cancellation due to inclement weather? I tried calling LSAC nonstop from 2 PM to 4 PM during my work break but was unable to get through. I am scheduled to take the test tomorrow morning at Rutgers New Brunswick. Apparently, the center site is closed...what happens now???

Did anyone get an email about center closings? I am really unsure of next steps.

thanks for your help!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”