Do they ever reschedule the LSAT due to inclement weather? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
GentlemanJim

Bronze

Do they ever reschedule the LSAT due to inclement weather?

Post by GentlemanJim » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:29 pm

Taking it on Saturday in DC. It's supposed to blizzard on Friday and this city is not exactly snow friendly.

itsfine

Bronze

Re: Do they ever reschedule the LSAT due to inclement weather?

Post by itsfine » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:30 pm

yeah they did it this past december for some places in texas so they do indeed do it

BenJ

Silver

Post by BenJ » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:34 pm

They do, but the forecast for DC on Friday is only snow showers, not a blizzard.

GentlemanJim

Bronze

Post by GentlemanJim » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Hmm, guess I misheard. I hope that's the case.

FreeGuy

Bronze

Post by FreeGuy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:53 pm

Here's info on the December LSAT being postponed in Texas:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =6&t=98182

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:10 pm

FreeGuy wrote:Here's info on the December LSAT being postponed in Texas:
Yeah... everyone hated them afterwards because their delayed LSAT added so much to the uncertainty of WHEN ARE THE SCORES BEING RELEASED. :roll:
I don't remember though if they did get their scores at the same time that we did.

cgs230

New

Post by cgs230 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:27 am

that would officially be awful, and it looks like it very well might happen. I called LSAC to see if I could register for another location, like NY, but they said it was too late to do that... I could attend as a possible "stand in" but the risks definitely outweigh the rewards. And talk about added stress.

DannyBoy_07

New

Post by DannyBoy_07 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:29 am

Shit, I started a new thread without seeing this.

I am in New Jersey and freaking out about this. I hope that if it is cancelled, they reschedule for 2 weeks later. If I have to wait until June it's over. I can't look at LSAT material that much longer.

cgs230

New

Post by cgs230 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:44 am

LSAC said it'd be within the next 2 weeks and that they'd try and make sure all of the score reports/results go out at the same time....hm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DannyBoy_07

New

Post by DannyBoy_07 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:07 pm

cgs230 wrote:LSAC said it'd be within the next 2 weeks and that they'd try and make sure all of the score reports/results go out at the same time....hm

yeah, to be honest, as badly as i want to have this test over with. if it gets rescheduled for two weeks later, that is awesome. you only have to suffer for about a week for your score

cgs230

New

Post by cgs230 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:16 pm

good point, but that's assuming they'll actually send it out on time

MegD

New

Post by MegD » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:24 pm

I'm in Central Virginia and they are calling for anywhere between 30 and 45 inches. Called the testing center and they said it will err on the side of caution. Looks like we might have to be rescheduled.

starstruck393

Silver

Post by starstruck393 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:26 pm

kazu wrote:
FreeGuy wrote:Here's info on the December LSAT being postponed in Texas:
Yeah... everyone hated them afterwards because their delayed LSAT added so much to the uncertainty of WHEN ARE THE SCORES BEING RELEASED. :roll:
I don't remember though if they did get their scores at the same time that we did.
People were being unrealistic. There was no chance that the scores would have come out before they did, delay in TX or not. Essentially all signs from the past pointed to Mon, 12/28, and big surprise, the scores came out on Mon, 12/28...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cgs230

New

Post by cgs230 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:15 pm

so is this a blessing in disguise for those of us who feel we have more work to do? study for potentially 2 more weeks, wait less for score report, and have it reported at the same date?

I'm beginning to turn. Originally I didn't want the snow...now I think I do.

GentlemanJim

Bronze

Post by GentlemanJim » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Please God do not let this happen.

Philo38

Bronze

Post by Philo38 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:19 pm

GentlemanJim wrote:Please God do not let this happen.
ha ha, I feel for you. I would freak if it happened to me.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:24 pm

yeah Im worried about that as well--I'm on Long Island and were supposed to get a lot of snow

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

GentlemanJim

Bronze

Post by GentlemanJim » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:29 pm

I just don't want to half to do study maintenance for another two weeks. And, I've already applied pending results. Ugh.

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:32 pm

yea seriously.
every other feb lsat taker would hate you all lol :P

schand

New

Post by schand » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:34 pm

Does anyone know the circumstance when the lsat was canceled before in their region, ie how much did it snow? It's supposed to snow 4-6 on Friday night and another 2-4 on Saturday in NJ.

DannyBoy_07

New

Post by DannyBoy_07 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:55 pm

schand wrote:Does anyone know the circumstance when the lsat was canceled before in their region, ie how much did it snow? It's supposed to snow 4-6 on Friday night and another 2-4 on Saturday in NJ.

schand, I am in Jersey too. I have a feeling this bad boy will be canceled. I already planned to stay in a hotel Friday night right by the center.

I was told my LSAC, they ABSOLUTELY schedule a retake, i.e. they don't screw you by making you wait until June. As someone mentioned above, it could be a blessing in disguise. More time to study (although I am ready), and less time to have to wait until your score (HUGE BONUS). BUT, my worry is, we will be taking a different LSAT. FEb isn't disclosed. I don't want to have some bullshit LSAT that was administered to 50 kids and all 50 of us kids get screwed by getting some makeshift bullshit backup LSAT and not even have it disclosed.

Also, the backup's curve will be interesting too.

I am really hoping to take it this Saturday, and get it over with.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

je_ne_regrette_rien

New

Post by je_ne_regrette_rien » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:59 pm

I'm in NY. Once it started snowing last night, I ran to the computer to see if it would snow on Friday night/Saturday. No such luck (at least-- not bad enough for a cancellation).

I wouldn't mind an extra week but my boyfriend and I are celebrating Valentines' Day next Friday, so that'll really mess up our weekend plans.

Eh whatever. God knows best.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:00 pm

DannyBoy_07 wrote:
schand wrote:Does anyone know the circumstance when the lsat was canceled before in their region, ie how much did it snow? It's supposed to snow 4-6 on Friday night and another 2-4 on Saturday in NJ.

schand, I am in Jersey too. I have a feeling this bad boy will be canceled. I already planned to stay in a hotel Friday night right by the center.

I was told my LSAC, they ABSOLUTELY schedule a retake, i.e. they don't screw you by making you wait until June. As someone mentioned above, it could be a blessing in disguise. More time to study (although I am ready), and less time to have to wait until your score (HUGE BONUS). BUT, my worry is, we will be taking a different LSAT. FEb isn't disclosed. I don't want to have some bullshit LSAT that was administered to 50 kids and all 50 of us kids get screwed by getting some makeshift bullshit backup LSAT and not even have it disclosed.

wow I didnt realize that, but youre right. We would get a different lsat. crap.

starstruck393

Silver

Post by starstruck393 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:05 pm

DannyBoy_07 wrote:

The backup test wouldn't have its own curve, it's all grouped in the curve for the Feb takers

DannyBoy_07

New

Post by DannyBoy_07 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:05 pm

goosey wrote:
DannyBoy_07 wrote:

wow I didnt realize that, but youre right. We would get a different lsat. crap.
yeah, I am kinda worried about it, but this is my final shot. I responded on another thread in relation to one of your posts, and I totally get the LSAT, it is just going to come down to not panicking come gameday. And I will not let that happen this time.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”