The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Sammi

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby Sammi » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Let's not turn on each other! That's what LSAC wants

I feel like this is a unique form of psychological torture. Don't crack under pressure :wink:

gltm

Postby gltm » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:15 pm

One of the LSAT test centers is closed right? Not LSAC itself, correct?

Miznitic

Postby Miznitic » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:15 pm

There is someone working at the LSAC currently :: http://www.lsac.org/news-and-announcements.asp#closed

gltm

Postby gltm » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:16 pm

JenRUs wrote:Oh, Lord. Now I'm listening to church music in the hope that it will raise my LSAT score. Not even Christian. Someone please save me from myself!

I don't think that's such a bad idea...
:)

gltm

Postby gltm » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:18 pm

Miznitic wrote:There is someone working at the LSAC currently :: http://www.lsac.org/news-and-announcements.asp#closed

Yup there is.
Some test takers are being asked to check the LSAC weather continuously to see whether any other centers will close.

I'm 99.99 percent positive we will get our score today. But around 5-10 PM.

eaharpe1

Postby eaharpe1 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:19 pm

Alright, this may be my first post to this thread, but I have to say... THANK GOD other people are also flipping out. I know they are officially released on Monday, but I can't help myself. My plan was to check my email this morning and then maybe again in the afternoon. Instead, I am sitting in front of my computer obsessively refreshing.

Again, I am so glad you all are right there with me!!! (Even though this blog is definitely increasing my anxiety, I can't stop! I swear they create the LSAT just to see if you can actually stay sane enough to show up on your first day of law school/complete your application!)

WWAD

Postby WWAD » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:20 pm

What do you think it will be like waiting for grades in school.

SoCalKevin

Postby SoCalKevin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:21 pm

So if the scores are coming out today, why wouldn't they release them in the morning instead of late into the night?

Andrew the Wolverine

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:21 pm

I have a sick feeling that even after spending $1200 on a prep course, prep testing around 170, that I will somehow have done no better on this retake. I know I'm going to puke when I see my score...almost makes me not want to look

eaharpe1

Postby eaharpe1 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:22 pm

WWAD wrote:What do you think it will be like waiting for grades in school.

...This blog really is a perverted form of psychological sadomasochism. The sad thing is, it's all so, so true.

lawschool???

Postby lawschool??? » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:23 pm

gltm wrote:
Miznitic wrote:There is someone working at the LSAC currently :: http://www.lsac.org/news-and-announcements.asp#closed

Yup there is.
Some test takers are being asked to check the LSAC weather continuously to see whether any other centers will close.

How does LSAC determine who receives their score and 5 and who at 10? Also, are those times EST?? I hope I get mine at 5. I can't eat, I'm so nervous!!! Agh!!

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:24 pm

SoCalKevin wrote:So if the scores are coming out today, why wouldn't they release them in the morning instead of late into the night?

Their release times have seemed totally random and apparently not everyone gets their scores at the same time. According to past threads some releases have been early in the morning others have been late at night. They analyze the situation and decide to release them at the most annoying and least ideal times.

thegor1987

Postby thegor1987 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:24 pm

has anyone had interaction via telephone with another human employed by LSAC today??

I havent called but I assume no one will pick up?

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:25 pm

thegor1987 wrote:has anyone had interaction via telephone with another human employed by LSAC today??

I think there is a message telling you they are closed when you call.

gltm

Postby gltm » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:25 pm

SoCalKevin wrote:So if the scores are coming out today, why wouldn't they release them in the morning instead of late into the night?

They might be working to make sure all the necessary tasks have been completed before releasing scores. For instance, some people have holds placed on their files, it might take the system some bit of time to sort out test centers/scores by location, they may be dealing with finding an alternative test date/center for those that have had their re-write canceled, and etc.

LSAC is busy. We just have to wait. Come on the computer at 8 PM and you'll happily see your score.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:26 pm

Andrew the Wolverine wrote:I have a sick feeling that even after spending $1200 on a prep course, prep testing around 170, that I will somehow have done no better on this retake. I know I'm going to puke when I see my score...almost makes me not want to look

I'm kind of there too. Like I felt good when I took the test, but now I worry. And worry. And worry. And I really really don't want to do take #3 in June. I just don't think there is anything else PT'ing will help me with if my nerves just get the best of me on test day.

sandahs

Postby sandahs » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:26 pm

I checked the official waiting thread from 2009 February and they didnt start getting their scores till about 11 pm US central time, it obviously was a friday too. Sooo looks like there is a long wait ahead.

My preparations include:
I bought a 30 of BL and am planning on sitting infront of my 50 in plasma and watching USA kick some ass and then watching Canada lose. AND i made all my roomates find an alternate place to hang out today/tonight in case i went bollistic. Plus, informed all the local bars and police stations that i will be wearing a name tag with my score posted below in case they find me passed out with my attached address and emergency contact numbers. I think drunk is the only way to go about this.

lawschool???

Postby lawschool??? » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:27 pm

charlesxavier wrote:
thegor1987 wrote:has anyone had interaction via telephone with another human employed by LSAC today??

I think there is a message telling you they are closed when you call.

Sheesh...on a day like this they should be working remotely from home with their cell phones.

Sammi

Postby Sammi » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:27 pm

Personally I'm looking at tfln.com and lamebook.com to keep myself entertained. Oh, and upbeat music too...

gltm

Postby gltm » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:27 pm

lawschool??? wrote:
gltm wrote:

Yup there is.

How does LSAC determine who receives their score and 5 and who at 10? Also, are those times EST?? I hope I get mine at 5. I can't eat, I'm so nervous!!! Agh!!

It depends on test location/center code. It goes in numeric/alphabetical order. Don't worry about it. I'm just speculating. There is no guarantee we'll see our scores around that time, but I predict we will.

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:28 pm

I've never had a problem waiting on grades for school. Then again, I've never had a class that 100% of my grade was the final. I just want to get into law school, then I can worry about my grades there.

eaharpe1

Postby eaharpe1 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:29 pm

sandahs wrote:
My preparations include:
I bought a 30 of BL and am planning on sitting infront of my 50 in plasma and watching USA kick some ass and then watching Canada lose. AND i made all my roomates find an alternate place to hang out today/tonight in case i went bollistic. Plus, informed all the local bars and police stations that i will be wearing a name tag with my score posted below in case they find me passed out with my attached address and emergency contact numbers. I think drunk is the only way to go about this.

you are my personal hero.

lnc2109

Postby lnc2109 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:30 pm

I can imagine this right now: An LSAC worker reading these posts and sounding off an evil laugh and saying, "Those poor suckers . . . ." What a cruel wait it is . . .

sandahs

Postby sandahs » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:31 pm

eaharpe1 wrote:
sandahs wrote:
My preparations include:

you are my personal hero.

P.S. the last february official waiting thread had over 167 worth of pages. we arent as psycho as they were about this.

JenRUs

Postby JenRUs » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:31 pm

Pricer wrote:

I've never had a problem waiting on grades for school. Then again, I've never had a class that 100% of my grade was the final. I just want to get into law school, then I can worry about my grades there.

I've heard it's worse. But at least when we're in law school we'll be surrounded by peers, not holed up in our rooms staring at TLS.

My brother just told me that he got his score around dinner time CST. That was December 2008 I believe.

Looks like I'm gonna be up all night. I'm five hours ahead of EST...sigh. Perhaps I'll hit the pub.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”