The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

ajsutton

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby ajsutton » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:31 pm

Relax, it's okay guys! We're going to get our test scores soon for sure. And I think most people motivated enough to follow this thread did reasonably well. People who seriously messed up the test bad wouldn't bother checking or commenting on this thread imo. Except maybe those masochists out there, but seriously, how many masochists really go to law school? :P

Miznitic

Postby Miznitic » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:31 pm

My icons were non-existent until this morning. See the updated thread for that image.

macaulian

Postby macaulian » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:32 pm

lawschool??? wrote:
macaulian wrote:So I wake up to my phone ringing at 6:07 am. It's another teacher calling to inform me that today will be a snow day. That means instead of the day going relatively quickly at work, I am sitting at home all day waiting for the score. Ugh. Anyone else snowed out of work?

Teachers call you on snow days? What kind of school do you attend? Mine sends out an automated email? If each teacher were to call each student (21,000), it would take all day.

Teachers call each other, its called a round robin. I am a teacher.

ajsutton

Postby ajsutton » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:34 pm

macaulian wrote:
lawschool??? wrote:
macaulian wrote:So I wake up to my phone ringing at 6:07 am. It's another teacher calling to inform me that today will be a snow day. That means instead of the day going relatively quickly at work, I am sitting at home all day waiting for the score. Ugh. Anyone else snowed out of work?

Teachers call you on snow days? What kind of school do you attend? Mine sends out an automated email? If each teacher were to call each student (21,000), it would take all day.

Teachers call each other, its called a round robin. I am a teacher.

+1

nmmnyc777

Postby nmmnyc777 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:35 pm

ajsutton wrote:Relax, it's okay guys! We're going to get our test scores soon for sure. And I think most people motivated enough to follow this thread did reasonably well. People who seriously messed up the test bad wouldn't bother checking or commenting on this thread imo. Except maybe those masochists out there, but seriously, how many masochists really go to law school? :P

What constitutes "soon"?

eudaimondaimon

Postby eudaimondaimon » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:36 pm

ajsutton wrote:but seriously, how many masochists really go to law school? :P

--ImageRemoved--

123kl

Postby 123kl » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:37 pm

i've been logging onto lsac all day.. now that flashing thing on the main page talking about cancelled feb test locations is back up, and it wasn't there this morning... maybe someone is doing SOMETHING at lsac?

eudaimondaimon

Postby eudaimondaimon » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:38 pm

123kl wrote:maybe someone is doing SOMETHING at lsac?

Offices being closed =/= nobody is working.

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:40 pm

I know this got me a smartass response before, but does anyone know whether law schools get scores before we do? My reason is not that I want to call them up and inquire, etc, but I'm using this LSAT to potentially get off some waitlists and I'm wondering whether they're already aware of the score and evaluating...etc

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:40 pm

gatorhoosier wrote:I got an email when I woke up this morning and the subject was "LSAC_NOTICE..."
I thought, "here we go!" Turns out it was a email generated to verify the receipt of a LOR I am not going to use.
The email was sent at 4:35 AM.

I had the same exact thing happen to me when I woke up this morning.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:40 pm

I have never been more optimistic and pessimistic at the same time :lol: .

I'm a 2/20 taker, and our tests may not even be out with the rest of the 2/6 people, so who knows what will happen.

freddy123

Postby freddy123 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:41 pm

eudaimondaimon wrote:

They may be closed, but someone is updating their website; so his premise stands: maybe someone is, in fact, doing SOMETHING at LSAC.

eudaimondaimon

Postby eudaimondaimon » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:42 pm

freddy123 wrote:
eudaimondaimon wrote:

They may be closed, but someone is updating their website; so his premise stands: maybe someone is, in fact, doing SOMETHING at LSAC.

Correct. I was just pointing out that the premise that he seemed to be trying to refute did not need refuting.

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:44 pm

Yeah, the new TEST CENTERS CLOSED message is for 2/27 test takers. Someone is there.

bmtripp

Postby bmtripp » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:44 pm

robin600 wrote:OK so on my LSAT status page the icons changed to green, this happened to me when I took in June too the day they came out. This may be a good sign for scores today, but I'm an accommodated test taker so my situation may be different.

Well, hopefully this case will be the same as last time as far as when the scores came out for you, but mine have been green since I signed up.

JTX

Postby JTX » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:46 pm

right now, I'm trying to imagine the server capacity for LSAC... if there were this many people logging in and refreshing pages somewhere else, it'd be like a DDoS

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:53 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uganik

Postby uganik » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:54 pm

Miznitic wrote:
uganik wrote:With their prior knowledge of this storm, I will view LSAC as incompetent if they did not somehow previously arrange for a score release today.

Although, New Orleans had significant prior knowledge of Katrina..........

How about I view you as incompetent? You read the test packet, you knew the scores would officially be released on March 1.

You are certainly allowed your opinion, in spite of how ignorant it may be.....

I made this comment based on the assumption that they would be releasing scores today, as I do not believe LSAC is truly incompetent.

Secondly, I make the above assertion based on the fact that LSAC almost always (I don't have the percentage, but I would expect it to be somewhere north of 95%) releases the scores three days in advance of the release date with the exception of a couple that were two days prior and a few that were 4 or 5 days prior. This is a fairly strong strong precedent which supports my (our) expectations. LSAC, with absolute certainty, knows we expect our scores today.

bmtripp

Postby bmtripp » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:56 pm

uganik wrote:
Miznitic wrote:
uganik wrote:With their prior knowledge of this storm, I will view LSAC as incompetent if they did not somehow previously arrange for a score release today.

How about I view you as incompetent? You read the test packet, you knew the scores would officially be released on March 1.

I made this comment based on the assumption that they would be releasing scores today, as I do not believe LSAC is truly incompetent.

Secondly, I make the above assertion based on the fact that LSAC almost always (I don't have the percentage, but I would expect it to be somewhere north of 95%) releases the scores three days in advance of the release date with the exception of a couple that were two days prior and a few that were 4 or 5 days prior. This is a fairly strong strong precedent which supports my (our) expectations. LSAC, with absolute certainty, knows we expect our scores today.

Were you working on that since you were quoted?

maks25

Postby maks25 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
ajsutton wrote:Relax, it's okay guys! We're going to get our test scores soon for sure. And I think most people motivated enough to follow this thread did reasonably well. People who seriously messed up the test bad wouldn't bother checking or commenting on this thread imo. Except maybe those masochists out there, but seriously, how many masochists really go to law school? :P

--ImageRemoved--

haha that made me laugh out loud

uganik

Postby uganik » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:07 pm

bmtripp wrote:
uganik wrote:
Miznitic wrote:

Were you working on that since you were quoted?

No I went back to sleep after I wrote that and woke up to his/her comment. I think it took me about 30 seconds to compose it :lol:

Mr. Lee

Postby Mr. Lee » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:07 pm

Were you working on that since you were quoted?[/quote]

haha :D

Miznitic

Postby Miznitic » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:09 pm

uganik wrote:You are certainly allowed your opinion, in spite of how ignorant it may be.....

Define:"my ignorance" as it relates to your above statement. I would really like to see how I'm lacking in knowledge.

uganik wrote:I made this comment based on the assumption that they would be releasing scores today, as I do not believe LSAC is truly incompetent.

Ass-U-Me ~ cliche.

uganik wrote:Secondly, I make the above assertion based on the fact that LSAC almost always (I don't have the percentage, but I would expect it to be somewhere north of 95%) releases the scores three days in advance of the release date with the exception of a couple that were two days prior and a few that were 4 or 5 days prior. This is a fairly strong strong precedent which supports my (our) expectations. LSAC, with absolute certainty, knows we expect our scores today.

"Strong precedent", yes, very true. "Almost always releases the scores days in advance", again, yes, true. Note though, you yourself admitted there is a chance they may not, "almost always." They don't have to release the scores until their official date, no matter your sense of entitlement. IF they're not released on 3/1, I'll be a bit ticked. Until then, I'm just going to hope they'll release the score and continue through my day.

Sidenote: I know I've been studying for the LSAT for far too long when I look at your response and think of it in terms of an LSAT LR question. (e.g., almost-always, 95%, absolute certainty ... )

JenRUs

Postby JenRUs » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:10 pm

Oh, Lord. Now I'm listening to church music in the hope that it will raise my LSAT score. Not even Christian. Someone please save me from myself!

maks25

Postby maks25 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:13 pm

JenRUs wrote:Oh, Lord. Now I'm listening to church music in the hope that it will raise my LSAT score. Not even Christian. Someone please save me from myself!

Put on a kippah, paint a red dot on your forehead and hang a pentagon around your neck. Might as well appeal to a number of gods just in case.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”