The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
chutzpah

Bronze

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Post by chutzpah » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:20 pm

soupbone wrote:
lawschool??? wrote:I also called and talked to someone in their call center. The lady told me scores won't be released until March 1. I told her, based on prior history, that scores are released on Fridays. However, she denied the claim. I told her I can't afford to wait until March 1 to know because I have pending applications to submit. She was the least understanding person I've ever talked to. I even asked if I could speak to someone else who could help me and she hung up on me.

Needless to say, I'm pissed!!!
ucm mocker wrote:I'm new to the site, and I recently took teh Feb. LSAT. I, like many of you, am very anxious to get my scores, so I called LSAC today (this is very lame I know) and they told me that the scores would not be released until monday at the earliest due to the re-takes and so forth. Why does everyone believe that scores will be released tomorrow?
Ok I'm going to be "that guy". What the hell is wrong with both of you? On the LSAC site under your account it says March 1st. Are you really freaking out so bad that you call and essentially harass the staff there? With the snowstorms, multiple retakes, fielding phone calls, etc. I'm pretty sure the LSAC people are a bit stressed as well. Yes they get paid to do this but calling them and asking about release dates is pointless and obsessive. Seriously go sit down and relax somehow.
I would add that in addition to the "omg when am i getting my score??" callers, they're getting calls from people who are scheduled to take the retake on saturday in areas that are getting slammed with snow.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:20 pm

uclaclassof2013 wrote:
Miznitic wrote:
lawschool??? wrote: Needless to say, I'm pissed!!!
Get over it. They listed a specific date of March 1, 2010 as the official release date. If they decide to release the scores earlier, consider it a bonus. As a side-note, if you're applying at the last minute, unless you've got some stellar scores/gpa, consider your chances dodgy at best.

I have a friend with very low gpa and scores. She's hoping to crack a 160 this time through. Any chance she can be admitted into a 60-100 range this late in the game. I realize without stellar score/gpa chances are dodgy at best for T25 school, but what about T60-100??
Take this to the what are my chances section

Miznitic

Bronze

Post by Miznitic » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:22 pm

uclaclassof2013 wrote:
Miznitic wrote:
Get over it. They listed a specific date of March 1, 2010 as the official release date. If they decide to release the scores earlier, consider it a bonus. As a side-note, if you're applying at the last minute, unless you've got some stellar scores/gpa, consider your chances dodgy at best.

I have a friend with very low gpa and scores. She's hoping to crack a 160 this time through. Any chance she can be admitted into a 60-100 range this late in the game. I realize without stellar score/gpa chances are dodgy at best for T25 school, but what about T60-100??
Anything is possible, but from the research I've done and looking at past application dates/rejections listed, it seems one generally has a better chance if they apply earlier in the cycle. It makes sense really, for those applicants as early in the cycle the adcomms are in a good mood and have plenty of spaces available. Towards the end, they'll hold those fewer spots tighter and look for a "better" applicant.

HDAU

New

Post by HDAU » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:27 pm

Dear LSAC,
I love you! Can i haz my score pleez?
Forever Yours (for now),
HDAU

uclaclassof2013

New

Post by uclaclassof2013 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:30 pm

Miznitic wrote:
uclaclassof2013 wrote:
Miznitic wrote:

Anything is possible, but from the research I've done and looking at past application dates/rejections listed, it seems one generally has a better chance if they apply earlier in the cycle. It makes sense really, for those applicants as early in the cycle the adcomms are in a good mood and have plenty of spaces available. Towards the end, they'll hold those fewer spots tigher and look for a "better" applicant.
Thanks for the response. A side note: I called LSAC earlier to ask a question about my account. The wait time was 21 minutes! The guy on the phone seemed very stressed, especially when I ended the call by asking about the release date. He said they've received a high volume of calls about score release and test makeups. He told me he's been harassed by test takers all day who assume he's the one withholding the score releases. Whereas in actuality, he has no control over when scores are released nor did he record any of the scores. Let's all try our best to calm down.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HDAU

New

Post by HDAU » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:38 pm

We have to keep our composure!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT2ae1WkuC0

william wallace

New

Post by william wallace » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:49 pm

People,

Life is too short. In the grand scheme of things, this is not a big deal. If you have a bad score, as I'm pretty sure I did, life will go on. Don't let it get you down too much. A little sadness is okay, then sweep it under the rug and move on. Instead of worrying, we could be out doing good things for ourselves such as exercising, visiting with loved ones, finishing applications, focusing on positive things, doing anything you enjoy. Or you could go do something that really scares you without focusing on the outcome. We should all be proud of ourselves for just taking this test. Stay positive.

The most successful people in life, which we all probably want to be, fail many times before succeeding. So, a bad score is only a temporary let down. It is just feedback, not failure. It will all pass, as will we.

This may sound cheesy but it's true. I invite you to indulge in these practices to see what happens.

Best

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:51 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:53 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JenRUs

New

Post by JenRUs » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:00 pm

william wallace wrote:People,

Life is too short. In the grand scheme of things, this is not a big deal. If you have a bad score, as I'm pretty sure I did, life will go on. Don't let it get you down too much. A little sadness is okay, then sweep it under the rug and move on. Instead of worrying, we could be out doing good things for ourselves such as exercising, visiting with loved ones, finishing applications, focusing on positive things, doing anything you enjoy. Or you could go do something that really scares you without focusing on the outcome. We should all be proud of ourselves for just taking this test. Stay positive.

The most successful people in life, which we all probably want to be, fail many times before succeeding. So, a bad score is only a temporary let down. It is just feedback, not failure. It will all pass, as will we.

This may sound cheesy but it's true. I invite you to indulge in these practices to see what happens.

Best
Thanks for the cheeriness, William Wallace, but I need to have LSAC give me my score so I can have FREEEEEDOM! :)

Victrolla

New

Post by Victrolla » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:05 pm

The cool thing about time, is that it passes.

The people calling LSAC need to be cool. I guarantee the person on the phone has no responsibility over release dates. Those people don't answer phones. I used to work for a professional admission service non-profit that shall remain nameless, and I promise you... the people on the phone aren't going to change anything. Don't shoot the messengers.

oldfart

New

Post by oldfart » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:09 pm

Snuffie wrote:Am I the only one who has their mail client (or similar) checking for new messages every minute?
I'm with you. My blackberry is following me everywhere. Bathroom, bedroom, office, gym, etc. Everytime it vibrates, which is about every 5 minutes, my heart jumps.
Last edited by oldfart on Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:09 pm

robin600 wrote:
raperez129 wrote:A bit of extra info to add....

Admissions had already pulled my LSAC report, even though I requested hold for Feb LSAT. Admissions told me not a problem, they prefer to pull the report now, and receive LSAC update because evidently they are automatically generated when new LSAC info comes available. I had a late LOR. It showed recieved on my school status checker two days BEFORE the LSAC showed that it was received. Therefore it must be the LSAC update for my new LOR was generated and sent BEFORE they updated my LOR status on LSAC. Could it be that LSAT scores also go out two days before, as in TODAY???? :shock:
No. Plus you have to request an updated report to be sent, they don't just send them out.
Good to know, Robin. I haven't had anything on my filed updated or gotten any unsolicited fee waiver e-mails and was worried that meant the schools had my score and it wasn't any good.

I'm trying to expect the worst this time (it's not working). I'll probably cry again. Bleh. It's so hard to not dream about better schools (even though I do like my admits and think I'd be a good fit for those places).

uclaclassof2013

New

Post by uclaclassof2013 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:10 pm

william wallace wrote:People,

Best

Thanks for the inspiration!!

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:11 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sammi

Bronze

Post by Sammi » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:13 pm

I am holding out hope that we will find out tomorrow... and if not, well then this weekend will be fun :) Let's just all keep our fingers crossed. Next think you know, it'll be over and all this anticipation will lead up to the biggest non-climactic moment ever. :)

And I agree--the folks who answer the phones where I work have little/no control over anything, and I work for a bureaucracy.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bruiser

New

Post by Bruiser » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:15 pm

Tomorrow is going to be a loooong day. :)

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:17 pm

Bruiser wrote:Tomorrow is going to be a loooong day. :)
No kidding..... :cry:

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:21 pm

raperez129 wrote:
Bruiser wrote:Tomorrow is going to be a loooong day. :)
No kidding..... :cry:
I have the whole day planned out so that I can't check my email until about 4pm
4pm-10pm probably going to be terrible

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:22 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lawschool???

New

Post by lawschool??? » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:27 pm

Victrolla wrote:The cool thing about time, is that it passes.

The people calling LSAC need to be cool. I guarantee the person on the phone has no responsibility over release dates. Those people don't answer phones. I used to work for a professional admission service non-profit that shall remain nameless, and I promise you... the people on the phone aren't going to change anything. Don't shoot the messengers.
I'll be cool with them until they're rude back. I don't understand why everyone complains about us harassing them. After all, a portion of our LSAC dues are used to support to call center. Let's take advantage of the telephone services offered. Also, I think if enough people ask if scores will be released tomorrow, they'll feel pressured to release them as early as possible. Of course we want to be civil, but I think it's important to put pressure on them to release the scores sometime tomorrow. If not, I'll have to call in sick from work Monday to work on applications all day.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:31 pm

-
Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruiser

New

Post by Bruiser » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:33 pm

lawschool??? wrote:
Victrolla wrote:The cool thing about time, is that it passes.

I'll be cool with them until they're rude back. I don't understand why everyone complains about us harassing them. After all, a portion of our LSAC dues are used to support to call center. Let's take advantage of the telephone services offered. Also, I think if enough people ask if scores will be released tomorrow, they'll feel pressured to release them as early as possible. Of course we want to be civil, but I think it's important to put pressure on them to release the scores sometime tomorrow. If not, I'll have to call in sick from work Monday to work on applications all day.
Not to be mean but that is pretty funny. Like the guy/gal answering the phone has any say whatsoever in score releases. Its not like they are going to go to the higher ups and say, "We are sick of these phone calls, please release the scores Friday."

The scores have been released the Friday before the official Monday date for like the past 5-6 years. I see no reason to see why that would change now. Lets keep our fingers crossed that history will repeat itself or I will go crazy. LOL

chutzpah

Bronze

Post by chutzpah » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:42 pm

You know what's great? The GRE. You sit at a computer and take that sucker and as soon as you're done you get your score.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”