The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Mr. Matlock

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby Mr. Matlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:54 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

uganik

Postby uganik » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:56 pm

chutzpah wrote:
uganik wrote:I just looked at the Harvard email draft I prepared after getting dinged on January 15th. I was pissed about the rejection because I told them I would retake in February.

I feel ya. I emailed them in early January explaining why I decided to retake in February and asking if they would grant an exception to their no Feb LSAT rule and hold my application. NYU, Columbia, and Chicago said ok. Whoever responded from Harvard said "thank you for your update" and then apparently did nothing with my request, because I was rejected two weeks ago. Bastids.

Said in a true Boston fashion and, especially at the time, my sentiments exactly.

raperez129

Postby raperez129 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:59 pm

A bit of extra info to add....

Admissions had already pulled my LSAC report, even though I requested hold for Feb LSAT. Admissions told me not a problem, they prefer to pull the report now, and receive LSAC update because evidently they are automatically generated when new LSAC info comes available. I had a late LOR. It showed recieved on my school status checker two days BEFORE the LSAC showed that it was received. Therefore it must be the LSAC update for my new LOR was generated and sent BEFORE they updated my LOR status on LSAC. Could it be that LSAT scores also go out two days before, as in TODAY???? :shock:

cr073137

Postby cr073137 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:00 pm

uganik wrote:
chutzpah wrote:
uganik wrote:I just looked at the Harvard email draft I prepared after getting dinged on January 15th. I was pissed about the rejection because I told them I would retake in February.

I feel ya. I emailed them in early January explaining why I decided to retake in February and asking if they would grant an exception to their no Feb LSAT rule and hold my application. NYU, Columbia, and Chicago said ok. Whoever responded from Harvard said "thank you for your update" and then apparently did nothing with my request, because I was rejected two weeks ago. Bastids.

Said in a true Boston fashion and, especially at the time, my sentiments exactly.

The same happened to me, but the guy told me that they could not wait for the Feb score, that they will take it into account if a decision is not made and they receive it, but that they cannot hold on my application until Feb retake.

februaryftw

Postby februaryftw » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:08 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
uganik wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote: :lol:
Now this could really be an interesting scenario you put yourself in. Either you get the score you need to get into Harvard, or else you go to Cooley. No middle ground. That would be ballsy if you actually followed through on something like that, providing you missed out with, say a 173/3.76. The level of awesomeness would nearly be incalculable.

I am under review at several top 50 schools as well, of course, if that is what the score justifies--so it's not quite all or nothing as you inferred.

On another note, the weather not looking too bad in Newtown for the moment-

http://www.wunderground.com/US/PA/Newtown.html

I didn't assume it was, rather, just pondered the awesomeness if it was the case. :wink:

And an above poster nailed it on the head. This is all computerized. It's basically a flip of the switch and the process takes off. I assume LSAC does it late, and on Fridays, to avoid the rush of inevitable phone calls. In essence, the whole procedure could already be set to occur as scheduled.

Now whether that schedule calls for tomorrow or Monday, due to all the re-takes... well.... you know.

Quoted for truth. I can almost guarantee that the reason for a Friday night right before close delivery of emails is for the sake of letting everyone cool down with their grades before calling LSAC in a panic, or wondering why they can't see their exams or the curve, etc. I suspect they give themselves until March 1st because this is a very worst case scenario (and they can have the appearance of earliness!), but the plan is to submit Friday when offices close, and that they usually have the scores ready to report well well before the Friday emails. The fact that they have emailed out scores on Friday 5 years running is too much of a coincidence otherwise...

It is the equivalent of politicians giving out bad news on Friday. But this isn't an ordinary cycle due to all the snow, so who knows?

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:09 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

uganik

Postby uganik » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:10 pm

cr073137 wrote:
uganik wrote:
chutzpah wrote:

The same happened to me, but the guy told me that they could not wait for the Feb score, that they will take it into account if a decision is not made and they receive it, but that they cannot hold on my application until Feb retake.

"All applicants for Harvard Law School must take the LSAT before the February 1 application deadline (no later than the December LSAT administration) in order for your application to be guaranteed consideration."

This does not say that they cannot consider the Feb score, especially in the case that it's a retake, and the application is otherwise complete, as was mine in October.

too old for this sh*

Postby too old for this sh* » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:30 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:Yea I dremt I got my score as well and I've decided now that my dream must be correct and have resigned myself to that score and taking it next year.

... Why I suddenly think I have some sort of extra sensory dream power I do not know.
Do you think I could sue LSAC for damages to my mental health? lol

The scary thing is that I actually had a nightmare on Tuesday night about the email coming in...and that the score was a lot lower than I anticipated or reasonably needed to obtain.

What makes it doubly scary is that I am in the non-traditional crowd given that I got my undergrad work done when most of y'all were still in elementary school. My future life is not even hinging on this damned thing...

ucm mocker

Postby ucm mocker » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:34 pm

I'm new to the site, and I recently took teh Feb. LSAT. I, like many of you, am very anxious to get my scores, so I called LSAC today (this is very lame I know) and they told me that the scores would not be released until monday at the earliest due to the re-takes and so forth. Why does everyone believe that scores will be released tomorrow?

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:36 pm

uganik wrote:"All applicants for Harvard Law School must take the LSAT before the February 1 application deadline (no later than the December LSAT administration) in order for your application to be guaranteed consideration."

This does not say that they cannot consider the Feb score, especially in the case that it's a retake, and the application is otherwise complete, as was mine in October.

If I wind up with a really fantastic score, I'm going to write to them. Worst thing they can do is say no, which they already did.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm suddenly feeling completely fine either way. If the score is high, I will feel happy and optomistic about getting off all those waitlists. If the score is low I can start looking at my money offers, apartments, etc and getting in the mindset to actually start school at a specific place next year.

So I am excited to see the score, but don't feel any of the oh-my-God-my-life-will-end anxiety that I did the last time.

nabihana

Postby nabihana » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:46 pm

ucm mocker wrote:I'm new to the site, and I recently took teh Feb. LSAT. I, like many of you, am very anxious to get my scores, so I called LSAC today (this is very lame I know) and they told me that the scores would not be released until monday at the earliest due to the re-takes and so forth. Why does everyone believe that scores will be released tomorrow?

In any administrative office, when it comes to any sort of "release" dates, they have to follow a script. Not to mention, many people have also called and heard varying things in terms of how "set" the release date is. You can't really rely on what LSAC phone assistant ppl say. lol

slider

Postby slider » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:59 pm

jks289 wrote:I'm suddenly feeling completely fine either way. If the score is high, I will feel happy and optomistic about getting off all those waitlists. If the score is low I can start looking at my money offers, apartments, etc and getting in the mindset to actually start school at a specific place next year.

So I am excited to see the score, but don't feel any of the oh-my-God-my-life-will-end anxiety that I did the last time.

+1
This is exactly how I feel as well.

lawschool???

Postby lawschool??? » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:03 pm

I also called and talked to someone in their call center. The lady told me scores won't be released until March 1. I told her, based on prior history, that scores are released on Fridays. However, she denied the claim. I told her I can't afford to wait until March 1 to know because I have pending applications to submit. She was the least understanding person I've ever talked to. I even asked if I could speak to someone else who could help me and she hung up on me.

Needless to say, I'm pissed!!!

raperez129

Postby raperez129 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:09 pm

lawschool??? wrote:I also called and talked to someone in their call center. The lady told me scores won't be released until March 1. I told her, based on prior history, that scores are released on Fridays. However, she denied the claim. I told her I can't afford to wait until March 1 to know because I have pending applications to submit. She was the least understanding person I've ever talked to. I even asked if I could speak to someone else who could help me and she hung up on me.

She hung up?!?!?! WTF???

123kl

Postby 123kl » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:10 pm

dammitttttttttttttttttt the only thing getting me through this week was that i would get my score tomorrow.... re: that lady... screw LSAC

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:11 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miznitic

Postby Miznitic » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:12 pm

lawschool??? wrote:Needless to say, I'm pissed!!!

Get over it. They listed a specific date of March 1, 2010 as the official release date. If they decide to release the scores earlier, consider it a bonus. As a side-note, if you're applying at the last minute, unless you've got some stellar scores/gpa, consider your chances dodgy at best.

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:13 pm

I mean what's the point of calling them so many times?
We'll find out if they release them friday on friday. If they aren't released then we'll know they'll be released monday. There's not going to be anything anyone can say to change that.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:14 pm

KansasSplitter

Postby KansasSplitter » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:15 pm

I also called and talked to someone in their call center. The lady told me scores won't be released until March 1. I told her, based on prior history, that scores are released on Fridays. However, she denied the claim. I told her I can't afford to wait until March 1 to know because I have pending applications to submit. She was the least understanding person I've ever talked to. I even asked if I could speak to someone else who could help me and she hung up on me.

I would have hung up on you too. Why are you entitled to find out before everyone else and before the scheduled release date (which you were aware of when you registered for the exam)? I hope it is released tomorrow, but in no way do have cause for any recourse if it isn't.

Chill out.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:15 pm

raperez129 wrote:A bit of extra info to add....

Admissions had already pulled my LSAC report, even though I requested hold for Feb LSAT. Admissions told me not a problem, they prefer to pull the report now, and receive LSAC update because evidently they are automatically generated when new LSAC info comes available. I had a late LOR. It showed recieved on my school status checker two days BEFORE the LSAC showed that it was received. Therefore it must be the LSAC update for my new LOR was generated and sent BEFORE they updated my LOR status on LSAC. Could it be that LSAT scores also go out two days before, as in TODAY???? :shock:

No. Plus you have to request an updated report to be sent, they don't just send them out.

soupbone

Postby soupbone » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:16 pm

lawschool??? wrote:I also called and talked to someone in their call center. The lady told me scores won't be released until March 1. I told her, based on prior history, that scores are released on Fridays. However, she denied the claim. I told her I can't afford to wait until March 1 to know because I have pending applications to submit. She was the least understanding person I've ever talked to. I even asked if I could speak to someone else who could help me and she hung up on me.

ucm mocker wrote:I'm new to the site, and I recently took teh Feb. LSAT. I, like many of you, am very anxious to get my scores, so I called LSAC today (this is very lame I know) and they told me that the scores would not be released until monday at the earliest due to the re-takes and so forth. Why does everyone believe that scores will be released tomorrow?

Ok I'm going to be "that guy". What the hell is wrong with both of you? On the LSAC site under your account it says March 1st. Are you really freaking out so bad that you call and essentially harass the staff there? With the snowstorms, multiple retakes, fielding phone calls, etc. I'm pretty sure the LSAC people are a bit stressed as well. Yes they get paid to do this but calling them and asking about release dates is pointless and obsessive. Seriously go sit down and relax somehow.

uclaclassof2013

Postby uclaclassof2013 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:17 pm

Miznitic wrote:
lawschool??? wrote:Needless to say, I'm pissed!!!

Get over it. They listed a specific date of March 1, 2010 as the official release date. If they decide to release the scores earlier, consider it a bonus. As a side-note, if you're applying at the last minute, unless you've got some stellar scores/gpa, consider your chances dodgy at best.

I have a friend with very low gpa and scores. She's hoping to crack a 160 this time through. Any chance she can be admitted into a 60-100 range this late in the game. I realize without stellar score/gpa chances are dodgy at best for T25 school, but what about T60-100??

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:20 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”