The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

cardnal124

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby cardnal124 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:16 pm

We'll drink and drink and drink and drink and then we'll drink some more

uganik

Postby uganik » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:16 pm

Not true. They know once you're registered.
I only told a few schools I was retaking in Feb. One school, which I had not informed, told me they were waiting for my February score when I asked them why, after 10 weeks being complete, my app tracker changed to incomplete.[/quote]

I wrote a school to tell them I was taking Feb and they emailed me thanking me for telling them and saying they would put a hold on my application. Definitely didn't know I had registered. I think the difference is if you have registered for a future test BEFORE submitting the apps. If you have they see the next reg date. But if you submit and then sign up for the LSAT, i don't think LSAC updates the files.

I registered 2 months after submitting my apps and had not indicated on my apps that I was taking the Feb LSAT.
I had not been intending to until after Christmas. Yet, the school had 1.) known that was registered 2.) held my app without instruction.
Well, it is what it is. Just a word of caution to not take anyone's information without first doing your due diligence.[/quote][/quote]

I called a school and they asked me if I wanted them to hold my application until my February score came in. I never informed them that I was taking the February LSAT. It is possible that a school might inquire with LSAC as to whether an applicant is taking a future LSAT and are then told, as opposed to LSAC automatically notifying all of the schools which you sent apps to. Although it seems as if LSAC and/or the schools are not totally up front about what's going on with this release of information.

Cognoscenti

Postby Cognoscenti » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:22 pm

Cognoscenti wrote:Not true. They know once you're registered.
I only told a few schools I was retaking in Feb. One school, which I had not informed, told me they were waiting for my February score when I asked them why, after 10 weeks being complete, my app tracker changed to incomplete.

I wrote a school to tell them I was taking Feb and they emailed me thanking me for telling them and saying they would put a hold on my application. Definitely didn't know I had registered. I think the difference is if you have registered for a future test BEFORE submitting the apps. If you have they see the next reg date. But if you submit and then sign up for the LSAT, i don't think LSAC updates the files.

I registered 2 months after submitting my apps and had not indicated on my apps that I was taking the Feb LSAT.
I had not been intending to until after Christmas. Yet, the school had 1.) known that was registered 2.) held my app without instruction.
Well, it is what it is. Just a word of caution to not take anyone's information without first doing your due diligence.

I called a school and they asked me if I wanted them to hold my application until my February score came in. I never informed them that I was taking the February LSAT. It is possible that a school might inquire with LSAC as to whether an applicant is taking a future LSAT and are then told, as opposed to LSAC automatically notifying all of the schools which you sent apps to. Although it seems as if LSAC and/or the schools are not totally up front about what's going on with this release of information.

Agreed.
Last edited by Cognoscenti on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

uganik

Postby uganik » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:22 pm

For all we know, some of these schools may already have our scores........ :shock:

Cognoscenti

Postby Cognoscenti » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:24 pm

uganik wrote:For all we know, some of these schools may already have our scores........ :shock:

Ssshhh. You're giving me heart palpitations.

lawschool???

Postby lawschool??? » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:34 pm

Is it possible scores will be released today? I've been refreshing the LSAT website all day in hopes of seeing my score. Should I call LSAT to see when scores will be released? I wonder if someone will give me my results over the phone if I ask politely. Why the long wait? I didn't request to have my test scored by hand.

Sigh...

sandahs

Postby sandahs » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:34 pm

I just want my motherF^*king score now... It so F^*king stupid that they make us wait 20 days. It should be released as soon as they score the D*%n thing. I'm stressing out and my parents are thinking they should commit me. If it weren't for the lock on my door i'd be gone.

Good luck everyone! :D

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:37 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawschool???

Postby lawschool??? » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:38 pm

FYI, I hate the LSAC call center!! The workers are very rude and unprofessional.

lawschoollll

Postby lawschoollll » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:39 pm

waiting sucks. if i get a crappy score, i'm going to go to a T3, graduate, become an ambulance chaser, retain clients who are having heart attacks in the days prior to getting their lsat scores, and sue lsac for a career.

cardnal124

Postby cardnal124 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:48 pm

My F5 key just broke

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:49 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Yea I dremt I got my score as well and I've decided now that my dream must be correct and have resigned myself to that score and taking it next year.

... Why I suddenly think I have some sort of extra sensory dream power I do not know.
Do you think I could sue LSAC for damages to my mental health? lol

woodstocker

Postby woodstocker » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:07 pm

For what it's worth (which is probably not much) I received an email this afternoon from a school saying my application was complete. I marked on my application that I was taking February and wanted my application held. Not sure if schools get the score before us but...

bmtripp

Postby bmtripp » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:12 pm

oooo F5...I didn't know that trick!

lawschoollll

Postby lawschoollll » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:15 pm

woodstocker wrote:For what it's worth (which is probably not much) I received an email this afternoon from a school saying my application was complete. I marked on my application that I was taking February and wanted my application held. Not sure if schools get the score before us but...

This is pretty terrifying information.

uganik

Postby uganik » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:17 pm

I just looked at the Harvard email draft I prepared after getting dinged on January 15th. I was pissed about the rejection because I told them I would retake in February. I have a massive legacy factor with them along with a famous (quoted by Reagan) State Supreme Court Justice LOR as well as one from a Managing Director of Goldman Sachs. I decided to wait until I received my score in order to see if it was sufficient to warrant a serious acceptance consideration.

I'm really hoping (not necessarily expecting) that my score will be sufficient to warrant the sending of this email, and with a 15 point score spread expectation, I'm certainly expecting (but am not entirely certain) it will warrant an acceptance for something better than Cooley......What makes me nervous is that I got ZERO sleep the night before the test so I'm as certain as I used to be that I annihilated LR, which is the only thing that will save me from a Cooley-like law school experience.

I'm going to stay off the alcohol, at least in any excessive amount. With the impending deadlines, I need to keep all my brain power and discernment for some important application decisions based on the outcome of my score------then, and only then, shall I party :D

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:27 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dibs

Postby dibs » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:29 pm

you know, i've finally decided upon an analogy that most closely resembles how i feel browsing these forums.

i am not a 170+ LSAT'er who has aspirations of a T14 and big law, and i allow myself to feel terrible reading about said people's evaluations of third tier schools and what not.

i'm like meg in family guy. why i want to be accepted by the cool kids i don't know, but it's causing me serious productivity problems at work.

Swamp Monster

Postby Swamp Monster » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:38 pm

For those whose apps went complete: I could be wrong, but Im pretty sure most status checkers switch to complete as soon as they get your LSDAS report, so if you've taken the LSAT, it'll switch even if you're being held at alot of places...They'll still look at your new score when they review it, which could be some time after it switches to complete...

albanach

Postby albanach » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:39 pm

uganik wrote:I have a massive legacy factor with them along with a famous (quoted by Reagan) State Supreme Court Justice LOR as well as one from a Managing Director of Goldman Sachs. I decided to wait until I received my score in order to see if it was sufficient to warrant a serious acceptance consideration.

To quote from Ivey's book, "Closeness Trumps Rank". Do you have good LOR's or are they LOR's from good people?

uganik

Postby uganik » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:45 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
uganik wrote:I just looked at the Harvard email draft I prepared after getting dinged on January 15th. I was pissed about the rejection because I told them I would retake in February. I have a massive legacy factor with them along with a famous (quoted by Reagan) State Supreme Court Justice LOR as well as one from a Managing Director of Goldman Sachs. I decided to wait until I received my score in order to see if it was sufficient to warrant a serious acceptance consideration.

I'm really hoping (not necessarily expecting) that my score will be sufficient to warrant the sending of this email, and with a 15 point score spread expectation, I'm certainly expecting (but am not entirely certain) it will warrant an acceptance for something better than Cooley......What makes me nervous is that I got ZERO sleep the night before the test so I'm as certain as I used to be that I annihilated LR, which is the only thing that will save me from a Cooley-like law school experience.

I'm going to stay off the alcohol, at least in any excessive amount. With the impending deadlines, I need to keep all my brain power and discernment for some important application decisions based on the outcome of my score------then, and only then, shall I party :D

:lol:
Now this could really be an interesting scenario you put yourself in. Either you get the score you need to get into Harvard, or else you go to Cooley. No middle ground. That would be ballsy if you actually followed through on something like that, providing you missed out with, say a 173/3.76. The level of awesomeness would nearly be incalculable.

I am under review at several top 50 schools as well, of course, if that is what the score justifies--so it's not quite all or nothing as you inferred.

On another note, the weather not looking too bad in Newtown for the moment-

http://www.wunderground.com/US/PA/Newtown.html

gbn

Postby gbn » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:50 pm

around what time tomorrow should we know if scores are coming out tomorrow for sure? isnt there something that happens on lsac accounts for 1st time test takers?

uganik

Postby uganik » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:52 pm

albanach wrote:
uganik wrote:I have a massive legacy factor with them along with a famous (quoted by Reagan) State Supreme Court Justice LOR as well as one from a Managing Director of Goldman Sachs. I decided to wait until I received my score in order to see if it was sufficient to warrant a serious acceptance consideration.

To quote from Ivey's book, "Closeness Trumps Rank". Do you have good LOR's or are they LOR's from good people?

Both--they sent me copies of what they submitted. I've known each of them quite well over the course of several years.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:53 pm

uganik wrote:I just looked at the Harvard email draft I prepared after getting dinged on January 15th. I was pissed about the rejection because I told them I would retake in February.

I feel ya. I emailed them in early January explaining why I decided to retake in February and asking if they would grant an exception to their no Feb LSAT rule and hold my application. NYU, Columbia, and Chicago said ok. Whoever responded from Harvard said "thank you for your update" and then apparently did nothing with my request, because I was rejected two weeks ago. Bastids.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”