The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

granger

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby granger » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:18 pm

Farfan1 wrote:Is anyone going to look at the score email sitting in their inbox before opening??

NO!

Farfan1

Postby Farfan1 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:18 pm

Sammi wrote:I haven't called LSAC, but I assume that they will be business as usual until they are forced to shut down for some reason or another.

I called, it's business as usual.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Farfan1 wrote:
Sammi wrote:I haven't called LSAC, but I assume that they will be business as usual until they are forced to shut down for some reason or another.

They won't be open tomorrow... It's not the offical word but highly improbably due to the amount of snow tonight into tomorrow.

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:26 pm

Plz tell me that doesn't mean we're waiting until Monday....

lynnzee

Postby lynnzee » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:31 pm

I plan on taking the day off work, watching the USA vs. Finland hockey game, and playing some video games. Then I'm going out to a bar for the Canada vs. Slovakia game which starts at 9:30. Hopefully I'll have my score again and the hockey game can either lift my spirits or get me in an even better mood.

lostjake

Postby lostjake » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:33 pm

I'll probably come back to the forum and see how everyone else did before opening mine :S

raperez129

Postby raperez129 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:34 pm

r6_philly wrote:
Farfan1 wrote:

They won't be open tomorrow... It's not the offical word but highly improbably due to the amount of snow tonight into tomorrow.

f*ck......

granger

Postby granger » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:35 pm

I wouldn't worry. Scores came out in December when LSAC was on vacation. I'm sure the act of sending out scores doesn't require much of anything, and can be pre-programmed tonight.

Sammi

Postby Sammi » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:35 pm

invisiblesun wrote:Plz tell me that doesn't mean we're waiting until Monday....

We won't know... BUT from what I've read as I've been stalking/lurking on the forum is that folks have apps due on the 1st, so LSAC will try (please please let them try) to get them out before apps are due.

jdhopeful2010

Postby jdhopeful2010 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:36 pm

I cannot wait until Monday. I am sleep deprived, and the few minutes of sleep I have been able to capture have been filled with nightmares about my score. I feel as though LSAC workers should be required to drive trucks with plows on them....just for the winter months....just for this reason...

I'm a northerner...I will personally ask my dad to put our plow on the truck and drive me to the offices for my score...anyone want to come with???

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:38 pm

granger wrote:I wouldn't worry. Scores came out in December when LSAC was on vacation. I'm sure the act of sending out scores doesn't require much of anything, and can be pre-programmed tonight.

I figured that it would be automated as well. Some people said they got their scores at 11 PM on a Friday...I doubt somebody is sitting in the office doing it. I would think that the only thing that would be a major problem would be power outages. But, who knows? I doubt even LSAC does. lol

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:39 pm

Thirteen wrote:
primusux wrote:Who else is up and checking their email even though they know nothing is coming?

Blackberry FTL. I've been getting extremely nervous when I receive e-mails, only to discover that J. Crew is having a 20% off sale with free shipping, haha.

My girlfriend does not have her phone at work, so she is emailing me rather than texting me. My blackberry keeps receiving emails, but they are from her. Every time I secretly pray the email is from her so I dont get my score and cry haha

Sammi

Postby Sammi » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:43 pm

charlesxavier wrote:
granger wrote: I would think that the only thing that would be a major problem would be power outages. But, who knows? I doubt even LSAC does. lol

you said it. Power outages... would that influence LSAC enough to send out scores today??

SoCalKevin

Postby SoCalKevin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:46 pm

granger wrote:I wouldn't worry. Scores came out in December when LSAC was on vacation. I'm sure the act of sending out scores doesn't require much of anything, and can be pre-programmed tonight.

+1

thegor1987

Postby thegor1987 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:50 pm

Please dear lord give me a 165+ tomorrow. I've worked so hard. All we can do now is pray to the good humble lord for a score release tomorrow

ST7740

Postby ST7740 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:57 pm

The closer the date is, the more I freak out and the lower the score in my head gets.

Week after exam : "Heh, that wasnt so bad, I probably got up to 160"

Couple of weeks late : "Nah, no way I got a 160. Probably around 150"

Now : "Damn! I probably will end up getting a 140 and having to apply next year"

:(

The closer it comes, the worse it gets. When I get an email I will probably freak out for a while.

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:01 pm

I was excited about getting my score until I imagined the second I receive an email from LSAC. Now I realize that one second after clicking it I will be very excited or very disappointed. But, then again that number was the same on February 6 that it will be tomorrow so there is no changing it.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:10 pm

thegor1987 wrote:Please dear lord give me a 165+ tomorrow. I've worked so hard. All we can do now is pray to the good humble lord for a score release tomorrow

+1

I can't take another situation like September when I got my score at 11:30 pm, was drunk on wine and broke out in tears. I'm just going to go out tomorrow night and when I get my score, I get my score. Not having a BB/smartphone FTW :).

thegor1987

Postby thegor1987 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:17 pm

I had a nightmare that I got a 121 and then I was like freaking out about
Having to explain my retake to the admissions committee

GoTribe1

Postby GoTribe1 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:38 pm

I regret telling all my co-workers I was retaking and the score I was aiming for. They keep asking me how I did and if I've gotten my score back-- definitely wasn't thinking of how terrible it would be to confess I got a lower score the second time around.

uganik

Postby uganik » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:40 pm

jdhopeful2010 wrote:I cannot wait until Monday. I am sleep deprived, and the few minutes of sleep I have been able to capture have been filled with nightmares about my score. I feel as though LSAC workers should be required to drive trucks with plows on them....just for the winter months....just for this reason...

I'm a northerner...I will personally ask my dad to put our plow on the truck and drive me to the offices for my score...anyone want to come with???

Yes, a prerequisite for employment at LSAC should be that you own a 4x4 vehicle for times such as these...

GoTribe1

Postby GoTribe1 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:49 pm

uganik wrote:
jdhopeful2010 wrote:I cannot wait until Monday. I am sleep deprived, and the few minutes of sleep I have been able to capture have been filled with nightmares about my score. I feel as though LSAC workers should be required to drive trucks with plows on them....just for the winter months....just for this reason...

Yes, a prerequisite for employment at LSAC should be that you own a 4x4 vehicle for times such as these...

They should just install work stations in employee homes just in case there's inclement weather.

existenz

Postby existenz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:51 pm

GoTribe1 wrote:I regret telling all my co-workers I was retaking and the score I was aiming for. They keep asking me how I did and if I've gotten my score back-- definitely wasn't thinking of how terrible it would be to confess I got a lower score the second time around.

Just lie if the score is really that bad. At the end of the day your score is nobody else's business anyway.

When I got a 162 in Sep, I told everyone I got a 167. No harm, no foul.

Cognoscenti

Postby Cognoscenti » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:03 pm

jks289 wrote:
Cognoscenti wrote:
jks289 wrote:
goosey wrote:how do schools find out you are retaking?

They don't unless you tell them. But they will get the new score regardless.

Not true. They know once you're registered.
I only told a few schools I was retaking in Feb. One school, which I had not informed, told me they were waiting for my February score when I asked them why, after 10 weeks being complete, my app tracker changed to incomplete.

I wrote a school to tell them I was taking Feb and they emailed me thanking me for telling them and saying they would put a hold on my application. Definitely didn't know I had registered. I think the difference is if you have registered for a future test BEFORE submitting the apps. If you have they see the next reg date. But if you submit and then sign up for the LSAT, i don't think LSAC updates the files.

ETA I can't find the thread but someone called LSAC and they confirmed this.

I registered 2 months after submitting my apps and had not indicated on my apps that I was taking the Feb LSAT.
I had not been intending to until after Christmas. Yet, the school had 1.) known that was registered 2.) held my app without instruction.
Well, it is what it is. Just a word of caution to not take anyone's information without first doing your due diligence.

Cognoscenti

Postby Cognoscenti » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:15 pm

Argh. I'm leaving for Vegas tonight for a friend's birthday.
I can't decide if I should open the email while I'm there - I wouldn't want to ruin his birthday by being a drunken, sobbing mess.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”