The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

cardnal124

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby cardnal124 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:39 pm

Thirteen wrote:
cardnal124 wrote:TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS RANGING FROM 12 TO 16 INCHES ACROSS THE WARNED AREA. THIS IS THE TIME WHEN THE STORM WILL BE AT ITS STRONGEST AS WELL, WHICH WILL LEAD TO STRONG WINDS UP TO 30 MPH. THESE STRONG WINDS WILL LIKELY LEAD TO BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW, AS WELL AS SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES.

... fuck

We'll still get scores tomorrow. Glass half full.

Ya, maybe they are putting in some OT today to get them out by midday tomorrow... or they'll say fuck it and have it out monday

Relientkate

Postby Relientkate » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:40 pm

jks289 wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:My god I'm bored. I just went back to the 2009 thread equivalent of this one.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=59977&start=600

As I suspected, we're lagging WAY behind.

That's because the worst cycle in the history of law school applications has stamped out our will to live, much less care about the release date...

+1

jdhopeful2010

Postby jdhopeful2010 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:41 pm

Thirteen wrote:
cardnal124 wrote:TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS RANGING FROM 12 TO 16 INCHES ACROSS THE WARNED AREA. THIS IS THE TIME WHEN THE STORM WILL BE AT ITS STRONGEST AS WELL, WHICH WILL LEAD TO STRONG WINDS UP TO 30 MPH. THESE STRONG WINDS WILL LIKELY LEAD TO BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW, AS WELL AS SCATTERED POWER OUTAGES.

... fuck

We'll still get scores tomorrow. Glass half full.

If we get our scores tomorrow my glass will be completely full....of hard alcohol. Ought to make for an interesting meeting at work Friday morning

uganik

Postby uganik » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:44 pm

... fuck

This will TOTALLY blow, literally!!!

danielle77

Postby danielle77 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:47 pm

LSAC should have headed out Califor-nee way a couple hundred years ago if they knew what was good for them. I will punch every snowman i see in the face!

nmmnyc777

Postby nmmnyc777 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:00 pm

I would like to think that we're going to get scores tomorrow or Friday, but I really think that it will be on Monday because of the friggin' power outage! :(

existenz

Postby existenz » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Scores will not be coming out tomorrow. Not gonna happen. February scores have taken 20 days for the past few years. Friday is 20 days on the dot.

Last year the scores started coming about 9:00 PM eastern on Friday according to last year's thread. Most people thought the scores wouldn't come until Monday because the scores were released so late.

goosey

Postby goosey » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:02 pm

uganik wrote:So you are saying that the sections are not presented with the same 25 or so questions, as they were previously when they were experimental?

not entirely sure but its possible that they know the difficulty when putting together the questions and then test run the experimental sections to make sure they got it right. or they could just randomly throw questions into experimental sections and then classify them as hard, easy, or medium according to how people did and THEN distribute them into actual sections accordingly. who knows.

GoTribe1

Postby GoTribe1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:04 pm

existenz wrote:Scores will [strike]not[/strike] be coming out tomorrow. [strike]Not[/strike] gonna happen. F[strike]ebruary scores have taken 20 days for the past few years. Friday is 20 days on the dot.

Last year the scores started coming about 9:00 PM eastern on Friday according to last year's thread. Most people thought the scores wouldn't come until Monday because the scores were released so late.[/strike]

Can't take any more negativity in this thread...I'm in a fragile state of mind.

existenz

Postby existenz » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:08 pm

GoTribe1 wrote:
existenz wrote:Scores will [strike]not[/strike] be coming out tomorrow. [strike]Not[/strike] gonna happen. F[strike]ebruary scores have taken 20 days for the past few years. Friday is 20 days on the dot.

Last year the scores started coming about 9:00 PM eastern on Friday according to last year's thread. Most people thought the scores wouldn't come until Monday because the scores were released so late.[/strike]

Negativity? Hey, I'd love for the scores to come out tomorrow. But you are just setting yourself up for 24 hours of teeth-grinding, nail-pulling, stomach-churning, lost appetite-causing stress.

cardnal124

Postby cardnal124 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:10 pm

existenz wrote:
GoTribe1 wrote:

Negativity? Hey, I'd love for the scores to come out tomorrow. But you are just setting yourself up for 24 hours of teeth-grinding, nail-pulling, stomach-churning, lost appetite-causing stress.

Wish I were in Nevada right now.. $100 would be enough to calm me down...

nmmnyc777

Postby nmmnyc777 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:19 pm

Wish I could be drinking until Friday to help calm my nerves.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:23 pm

msesquire2b wrote:
jdhopeful2010 wrote:I suppose I shoud be more clear, I indicated on the app that I was retaking, but didn't do anything else. I JUST got the email so I replied and asked if it was possible to hold th review (hopefully scores are out by Friday) ***fingers crossed***

Due to the fact that I have been incessantly checking the LSAC site and these forums, I'm pretty sure my roommates, classmates, co-workers and family want my scores as much as I do...

....and I'm sure many of your peers share their sentiments...they don't understand!!!! :evil:

I retook in February too, and indicated on every completed application that I did. All of my applications are showing complete, but no activity because I believe they are waiting on the new score.

I put it on all of my apps. Two schools agreed to review before my re-take and accepted me (I felt my old score was good enough to get me in) and one just reviewed and accepted me without my asking. Two schools WL'd me. I haven't heard from the rest. My god the test is such a blur at this point that I have no clue how I did. When I took December as a PT I swore I was going to drop below 160 since I didn't even finish 2 of the LR sections and then I ended up with a 165 (massive curve FTW!). If Feb. comes through with that score or higher I will dance a jig.

Farfan1

Postby Farfan1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:37 pm

nmmnyc777 wrote:Wish I could be drinking until Friday to help calm my nerves.

Uhhhh what's stopping you? This I what I am doing :)

msesquire2b

Postby msesquire2b » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:50 pm

keg411 wrote:
msesquire2b wrote:
jdhopeful2010 wrote:I suppose I shoud be more clear, I indicated on the app that I was retaking, but didn't do anything else. I JUST got the email so I replied and asked if it was possible to hold th review (hopefully scores are out by Friday) ***fingers crossed***

Due to the fact that I have been incessantly checking the LSAC site and these forums, I'm pretty sure my roommates, classmates, co-workers and family want my scores as much as I do...

....and I'm sure many of your peers share their sentiments...they don't understand!!!! :evil:

I retook in February too, and indicated on every completed application that I did. All of my applications are showing complete, but no activity because I believe they are waiting on the new score.

I put it on all of my apps. Two schools agreed to review before my re-take and accepted me (I felt my old score was good enough to get me in) and one just reviewed and accepted me without my asking. Two schools WL'd me. I haven't heard from the rest. My god the test is such a blur at this point that I have no clue how I did. When I took December as a PT I swore I was going to drop below 160 since I didn't even finish 2 of the LR sections and then I ended up with a 165 (massive curve FTW!). If Feb. comes through with that score or higher I will dance a jig.

I cant remember anything from that test now either lol. I just remember finishing all of the sections and feeling better about the RC especially.. as in finishing lol. In December I sucked up that section.

kacee

Postby kacee » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:00 pm

is there any advantage to stalking the LSAC website? I heard they email you simultaneously. I'd rather F5 my iGoogle.. easier on the eyes. not to be a bitch but if I got under 170 I'm gonna be f-ing pissed. not to be a bigger bitch but under 175 will be disappointing also.

nikkei325i

Postby nikkei325i » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:11 pm

keg411 wrote:
msesquire2b wrote:

I should have stuck with my December score instead of canceling... :(

jdhopeful2010

Postby jdhopeful2010 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:29 pm

I hate snow. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LSAC...give us our scores. You are looking right at them and we all know that.

This is torture

keg411

Postby keg411 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:31 pm

I should have taken Dec. instead of waiting for Feb. But it gave me a mental break, so there isn't anything I can do now. Plus, I got some weird random test from like years ago instead of the same Feb. as 90% of you. And I finished every section at the very least (I think I did the writing sample in 15 minutes :lol:).

uganik

Postby uganik » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:38 pm

Update/downgrade on the forecast for 6-12 inches.

http://www.wunderground.com/US/PA/Wrightstown.html

It's presently 42 degrees there.....let's pray it rains.

uganik

Postby uganik » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:46 pm

They do usually have some techies working through the night so THEORETICALLY they could release them tonight if they were seriously worried (which they should be) about getting weathered out.

It looks like they prefer to release scores to applicants at least three days prior to releasing them to the schools, allowing the applicant time to wage a protest or request a had scoring if their numbers seem way off.

Capitalist

Postby Capitalist » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:47 pm

I know I'm definitely in the minority, but.... I really don't want to see my score. :oops: Don't shoot me!

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:50 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdhopeful2010

Postby jdhopeful2010 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:50 pm

Capitalist wrote:I know I'm definitely in the minority, but.... I really don't want to see my score. :oops: Don't shoot me!

You're fired

soupbone

Postby soupbone » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:52 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
existenz wrote:Scores will not be coming out tomorrow. Not gonna happen. February scores have taken 20 days for the past few years. Friday is 20 days on the dot.

Last year the scores started coming about 9:00 PM eastern on Friday according to last year's thread. Most people thought the scores wouldn't come until Monday because the scores were released so late.

Actually, it was on Friday at 7:44 EST, according to the 1st screen shot posted:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=59977&start=3500

I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic when I say IF they're coming out as per usual, they'll be here on Friday, not tomorrow. Save the booze for Friday and make a day of it! 8)

I don't know who you are but you post some of the funniest stuff on this site. :lol:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”