The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
badpixie

Bronze

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Post by badpixie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:22 pm

Farfan1 wrote:Scores will be released tomorrow.
That would make me very happy. I am concerned about the snow storm that is expected in the northeast Thursday into Friday, and whether that could mean LSAC is closed on Friday, delaying scores until Monday. I'm not sure how much they are expecting in that area of PA, but they are calling for up to a foot or more in parts of NJ by Friday.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:09 pm

badpixie wrote:
That would make me very happy. I am concerned about the snow storm that is expected in the northeast Thursday into Friday, and whether that could mean LSAC is closed on Friday, delaying scores until Monday. I'm not sure how much they are expecting in that area of PA, but they are calling for up to a foot or more in parts of NJ by Friday.
Yeah, it's... disconcerting to say the least. Snow delayed the test, now snow will delay the scores :? .

whitman

Silver

Post by whitman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:20 pm

Waiting blows.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:48 pm

I doubt they wait until Monday for this one. That would screw a lot of people up who want to get in before the March 1 deadline at certain schools if they get a surprise high score. If I get a 167 or higher, there's a bunch of schools to which I'd love to rush out an application to, but would be senseless to apply to with my current score.

xcountryjunkie

Bronze

Post by xcountryjunkie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:58 pm

Wow, just got an email from LSAC. Apparently, I should provide my state of permanent residence for the CRS since some schools want it. That email is like six months late, and really got my hopes up. What a let down!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

slider

Bronze

Post by slider » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:15 pm

Bruiser wrote:Think about how much money they could make if they charged, say $25-50 to get your score a few days earlier. I know I was able to do that for one of my Teacher Certification tests. I think it was $20 and you could get your score over the phone maybe a week early.
+1
I've been saying this for years.

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:20 pm

charlesxavier wrote:Timeline:
Feb 6: "Harvard, Here I come!"
Feb 14: Top state law school has some great selling points...I could live with ending up there.
Feb 17: Lower tier one out of state schools look awesome...It'll all work out.
Feb 24: Wow, Cooley looks incredible. I would just love for my LSAT score to be good enough to get in there.
OMG!! I could have written that! :lol:

whitman

Silver

Post by whitman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Benjamin Buttoned for me.
raperez129 wrote:
charlesxavier wrote: Timeline:
Feb 6: Wow, Cooley looks incredible. I would just love for my LSAT score to be good enough to get in there.
Feb 14: Lower tier one out of state schools look awesome...It'll all work out.
Feb 17: Top state law school has some great selling points...I could live with ending up there.
Feb 24: "Harvard, Here I come!"

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm still mad at those damn logic games for screwing me up. Hopefully RC and LR pull through for me, otherwise it's going to be a very sad Friday.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Pricer

Silver

Post by Pricer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:05 pm

Feb 14: Top state law school has some great selling points...I could live with ending up there.
Feb 24: Wow, Cooley looks incredible. I would just love for my LSAT score to be good enough to get in there.
I'm the opposite. When I first left the test, I felt like I did 163-165 work. Now that I have had time to think about it, I am thinking I may have pulled a 167, especially if the curve is as generous as many are guessing. I am also secretly hoping for a surprise of 170, but I don't like to admit that. I have a strong feeling I am going to be disappointed on Friday. If I didn't hit 170, I'm definitely retaking in June or September. That mentality has helped a lot. No matter if I make as low as 163 or as high as 167 or so, I am retaking, so I will not be too depressed when I see my score. Does that make sense? I am kind of preparing myself for a low score, no matter how low or high that score is.

uganik

Bronze

Post by uganik » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:15 pm

existenz wrote:I'm still mad at those damn logic games for screwing me up. Hopefully RC and LR pull through for me, otherwise it's going to be a very sad Friday.
So was Hitler......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ww6JgpGwE

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:50 pm

JCougar wrote:I doubt they wait until Monday for this one. That would screw a lot of people up who want to get in before the March 1 deadline at certain schools if they get a surprise high score. If I get a 167 or higher, there's a bunch of schools to which I'd love to rush out an application to, but would be senseless to apply to with my current score.
You sound like me. Way too overconfident (at least I did not give into temptation and fill out the extra apps yet) :(. Like, I feel like I hit a 165-167, but who knows what will happen with the curve. I just don't want to get the same freakin' 162 (OR WORSE!) again :( :( :(. I mean, I haven't PT'd under a 165 since I started studying for my re-take, but I'm just... worried.

PigNipple

New

Post by PigNipple » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:52 pm

lol

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:16 pm

keg411 wrote:
JCougar wrote:I doubt they wait until Monday for this one. That would screw a lot of people up who want to get in before the March 1 deadline at certain schools if they get a surprise high score. If I get a 167 or higher, there's a bunch of schools to which I'd love to rush out an application to, but would be senseless to apply to with my current score.
You sound like me. Way too overconfident (at least I did not give into temptation and fill out the extra apps yet) :(. Like, I feel like I hit a 165-167, but who knows what will happen with the curve. I just don't want to get the same freakin' 162 (OR WORSE!) again :( :( :(. I mean, I haven't PT'd under a 165 since I started studying for my re-take, but I'm just... worried.
I applied to Illinois because it was free anyways, but I've also pre-filled applications to Minnesota and WUSTL just in case. My average PT score was 167, and my last PT before Feb was a 172, but I got a 158 in Sept. and 162 in Dec. I applied at Wisconsin & Iowa because I am at least at or above median there. I'll probably apply to OSU as well if I get 163 or above. With my GPA, though, I can't justify applying anywhere where I'm below median. I feel like I did better in Feb. How much better, I don't know.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:41 pm

JCougar wrote:
keg411 wrote:
I applied to Illinois because it was free anyways, but I've also pre-filled applications to Minnesota and WUSTL just in case. My average PT score was 167, and my last PT before Feb was a 172, but I got a 158 in Sept. and 162 in Dec. I applied at Wisconsin & Iowa because I am at least at or above median there. I'll probably apply to OSU as well if I get 163 or above. With my GPA, though, I can't justify applying anywhere where I'm below median. I feel like I did better in Feb. How much better, I don't know.
My PT average for Feb (snow test) was a 168 (5 PT's). It was probably close to a 163 or so when I took in September, so I guess it wasn't too far off originally. Still, I can't help but worry like crazy if I really did improve that much. My GPA is also bad, bad, bad. I have a pair of acceptances to schools I wouldn't mind going to, but I'm still going to be upset if I don't break a 165. I might just take June because I'm LSAT-obsessed.

HDAU

New

Post by HDAU » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:15 pm

lawschoollll wrote:There's about a 10-12 point range in which I wouldn't be surprised if my score fell... anyone else just have no clue what to expect in 2 days? I'm going to have a heart attack.
I'm with you!

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:17 pm

HDAU wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:There's about a 10-12 point range in which I wouldn't be surprised if my score fell... anyone else just have no clue what to expect in 2 days? I'm going to have a heart attack.
I'm with you!

same.

I dont know why I feel like I got a 159--I think thats my inner fear. cuz it would just be so horrible (its lower than my original score) and its the score at which point I see my world crashing before my eyes--so for some reason, I imagine thats what I scored.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

HDAU

New

Post by HDAU » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:24 pm

I thought that I did pretty well in December and finished below my initial diagnostic. I feel pretty bad about this one and have no clue what to expect!

GoTribe1

New

Post by GoTribe1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:25 pm

goosey wrote:
HDAU wrote:
I'm with you!

same.

I dont know why I feel like I got a 159--I think thats my inner fear. cuz it would just be so horrible (its lower than my original score) and its the score at which point I see my world crashing before my eyes--so for some reason, I imagine thats what I scored.
I would be horrified by anything lower than the 163 I got in Sept. I felt like I did better, but then again I can think of a number of PTs where I felt like I owned and then realized I...very much did not.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:33 pm

GoTribe1 wrote:
goosey wrote:
HDAU wrote:
I'm with you!

same.

I would be horrified by anything lower than the 163 I got in Sept. I felt like I did better, but then again I can think of a number of PTs where I felt like I owned and then realized I...very much did not.
I felt like I did EXACTLY the same as I did in June. After September, I was very much like "wow I bombed games, I didnt do as well on LR but atleast RC went better" and then after feb I was like "holy hell i did exactly the same, except I prob didnt kill LR like I did in june!"=lower score=all those schools that really want to give me a shot will reject me and never look back

HDAU

New

Post by HDAU » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:36 pm

I hate you for putting that idea in my mind!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

uganik

Bronze

Post by uganik » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:54 pm

HDAU wrote:
I'm with you!

My spread's about 15 points, which makes it more exciting. :lol:

I got hammered on LG.... :cry:

I obliterated LR!!! :P

Was destroyed by sleep deprivation (obtained zero sleep prior to the test-lengthy justifiable explanation) on reading comp located in the last section, although I owned the comparative Darwin passage, which was first.

What concerns me is that the reading comp was a killer for many, being that it was their last section on the test (fatigue), whereas when these sections are evaluated for a curve they are typically placed in the first three sections where the test takers brain is still functioning fairly well.

This makes me believe that the curve will not be representative of the actual difficulty for those having reading comp at the end. I hope I'm mistaken.......

thegor1987

Bronze

Post by thegor1987 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:03 pm

I read on another post somewhere that the Feb. test is going to have a new curve. I.e. it changes every three years and this is the dec. 09 test was the last one with the same curve. SO in the past three years a 160 was 81%ile, whatever the number of correct responses would correspond to a 160 it would be a 81% nonetheless.

Anyone else heard of this or can provide further verification?

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:05 pm

uganik wrote:
HDAU wrote:
I'm with you!

My spread's about 15 points, which makes it more exciting. :lol:

I got hammered on LG.... :cry:

I obliterated LR!!! :P

Was destroyed by sleep deprivation (obtained zero sleep prior to the test-lengthy justifiable explanation) on reading comp located in the last section, although I owned the comparative Darwin passage, which was first.

What concerns me is that the reading comp was a killer for many, being that it was their last section on the test (fatigue), whereas when these sections are evaluated for a curve they are typically placed in the first three sections where the test takers brain is still functioning fairly well.

This makes me believe that the curve will not be representative of the actual difficulty for those having reading comp at the end. I hope I'm mistaken.......

where idd you get this info from?

uganik

Bronze

Post by uganik » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:10 pm

Could you be more specific?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”