The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

User avatar
badpixie
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby badpixie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:22 pm

Farfan1 wrote:Scores will be released tomorrow.


That would make me very happy. I am concerned about the snow storm that is expected in the northeast Thursday into Friday, and whether that could mean LSAC is closed on Friday, delaying scores until Monday. I'm not sure how much they are expecting in that area of PA, but they are calling for up to a foot or more in parts of NJ by Friday.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby keg411 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:09 pm

badpixie wrote:
Farfan1 wrote:Scores will be released tomorrow.


That would make me very happy. I am concerned about the snow storm that is expected in the northeast Thursday into Friday, and whether that could mean LSAC is closed on Friday, delaying scores until Monday. I'm not sure how much they are expecting in that area of PA, but they are calling for up to a foot or more in parts of NJ by Friday.


Yeah, it's... disconcerting to say the least. Snow delayed the test, now snow will delay the scores :? .

User avatar
whitman
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 am

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby whitman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:20 pm

Waiting blows.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby JCougar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:48 pm

I doubt they wait until Monday for this one. That would screw a lot of people up who want to get in before the March 1 deadline at certain schools if they get a surprise high score. If I get a 167 or higher, there's a bunch of schools to which I'd love to rush out an application to, but would be senseless to apply to with my current score.

xcountryjunkie
Posts: 437
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:52 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby xcountryjunkie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:58 pm

Wow, just got an email from LSAC. Apparently, I should provide my state of permanent residence for the CRS since some schools want it. That email is like six months late, and really got my hopes up. What a let down!

slider
Posts: 368
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby slider » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:15 pm

Bruiser wrote:Think about how much money they could make if they charged, say $25-50 to get your score a few days earlier. I know I was able to do that for one of my Teacher Certification tests. I think it was $20 and you could get your score over the phone maybe a week early.


+1
I've been saying this for years.

User avatar
raperez129
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:23 am

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby raperez129 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:20 pm

charlesxavier wrote:Timeline:
Feb 6: "Harvard, Here I come!"
Feb 14: Top state law school has some great selling points...I could live with ending up there.
Feb 17: Lower tier one out of state schools look awesome...It'll all work out.
Feb 24: Wow, Cooley looks incredible. I would just love for my LSAT score to be good enough to get in there.

OMG!! I could have written that! :lol:

User avatar
whitman
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 am

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby whitman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Benjamin Buttoned for me.

raperez129 wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:Timeline:
Feb 6: Wow, Cooley looks incredible. I would just love for my LSAT score to be good enough to get in there.
Feb 14: Lower tier one out of state schools look awesome...It'll all work out.
Feb 17: Top state law school has some great selling points...I could live with ending up there.
Feb 24: "Harvard, Here I come!"

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby existenz » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:04 pm

I'm still mad at those damn logic games for screwing me up. Hopefully RC and LR pull through for me, otherwise it's going to be a very sad Friday.

User avatar
Pricer
Posts: 558
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby Pricer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:05 pm

charlesxavier wrote:Timeline:
Feb 6: "Harvard, Here I come!"
Feb 14: Top state law school has some great selling points...I could live with ending up there.
Feb 17: Lower tier one out of state schools look awesome...It'll all work out.
Feb 24: Wow, Cooley looks incredible. I would just love for my LSAT score to be good enough to get in there.


I'm the opposite. When I first left the test, I felt like I did 163-165 work. Now that I have had time to think about it, I am thinking I may have pulled a 167, especially if the curve is as generous as many are guessing. I am also secretly hoping for a surprise of 170, but I don't like to admit that. I have a strong feeling I am going to be disappointed on Friday. If I didn't hit 170, I'm definitely retaking in June or September. That mentality has helped a lot. No matter if I make as low as 163 or as high as 167 or so, I am retaking, so I will not be too depressed when I see my score. Does that make sense? I am kind of preparing myself for a low score, no matter how low or high that score is.

User avatar
uganik
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:40 am

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby uganik » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:15 pm

existenz wrote:I'm still mad at those damn logic games for screwing me up. Hopefully RC and LR pull through for me, otherwise it's going to be a very sad Friday.


So was Hitler......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ww6JgpGwE

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby keg411 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:50 pm

JCougar wrote:I doubt they wait until Monday for this one. That would screw a lot of people up who want to get in before the March 1 deadline at certain schools if they get a surprise high score. If I get a 167 or higher, there's a bunch of schools to which I'd love to rush out an application to, but would be senseless to apply to with my current score.


You sound like me. Way too overconfident (at least I did not give into temptation and fill out the extra apps yet) :(. Like, I feel like I hit a 165-167, but who knows what will happen with the curve. I just don't want to get the same freakin' 162 (OR WORSE!) again :( :( :(. I mean, I haven't PT'd under a 165 since I started studying for my re-take, but I'm just... worried.

User avatar
PigNipple
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby PigNipple » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:52 pm

charlesxavier wrote:Timeline:
Feb 6: "Harvard, Here I come!"
Feb 14: Top state law school has some great selling points...I could live with ending up there.
Feb 17: Lower tier one out of state schools look awesome...It'll all work out.
Feb 24: Wow, Cooley looks incredible. I would just love for my LSAT score to be good enough to get in there.


lol

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby JCougar » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:16 pm

keg411 wrote:
JCougar wrote:I doubt they wait until Monday for this one. That would screw a lot of people up who want to get in before the March 1 deadline at certain schools if they get a surprise high score. If I get a 167 or higher, there's a bunch of schools to which I'd love to rush out an application to, but would be senseless to apply to with my current score.


You sound like me. Way too overconfident (at least I did not give into temptation and fill out the extra apps yet) :(. Like, I feel like I hit a 165-167, but who knows what will happen with the curve. I just don't want to get the same freakin' 162 (OR WORSE!) again :( :( :(. I mean, I haven't PT'd under a 165 since I started studying for my re-take, but I'm just... worried.


I applied to Illinois because it was free anyways, but I've also pre-filled applications to Minnesota and WUSTL just in case. My average PT score was 167, and my last PT before Feb was a 172, but I got a 158 in Sept. and 162 in Dec. I applied at Wisconsin & Iowa because I am at least at or above median there. I'll probably apply to OSU as well if I get 163 or above. With my GPA, though, I can't justify applying anywhere where I'm below median. I feel like I did better in Feb. How much better, I don't know.

keg411
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby keg411 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:41 pm

JCougar wrote:
keg411 wrote:
JCougar wrote:I doubt they wait until Monday for this one. That would screw a lot of people up who want to get in before the March 1 deadline at certain schools if they get a surprise high score. If I get a 167 or higher, there's a bunch of schools to which I'd love to rush out an application to, but would be senseless to apply to with my current score.


You sound like me. Way too overconfident (at least I did not give into temptation and fill out the extra apps yet) :(. Like, I feel like I hit a 165-167, but who knows what will happen with the curve. I just don't want to get the same freakin' 162 (OR WORSE!) again :( :( :(. I mean, I haven't PT'd under a 165 since I started studying for my re-take, but I'm just... worried.


I applied to Illinois because it was free anyways, but I've also pre-filled applications to Minnesota and WUSTL just in case. My average PT score was 167, and my last PT before Feb was a 172, but I got a 158 in Sept. and 162 in Dec. I applied at Wisconsin & Iowa because I am at least at or above median there. I'll probably apply to OSU as well if I get 163 or above. With my GPA, though, I can't justify applying anywhere where I'm below median. I feel like I did better in Feb. How much better, I don't know.


My PT average for Feb (snow test) was a 168 (5 PT's). It was probably close to a 163 or so when I took in September, so I guess it wasn't too far off originally. Still, I can't help but worry like crazy if I really did improve that much. My GPA is also bad, bad, bad. I have a pair of acceptances to schools I wouldn't mind going to, but I'm still going to be upset if I don't break a 165. I might just take June because I'm LSAT-obsessed.

User avatar
HDAU
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 11:26 am

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby HDAU » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:15 pm

lawschoollll wrote:There's about a 10-12 point range in which I wouldn't be surprised if my score fell... anyone else just have no clue what to expect in 2 days? I'm going to have a heart attack.


I'm with you!

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby goosey » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:17 pm

HDAU wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:There's about a 10-12 point range in which I wouldn't be surprised if my score fell... anyone else just have no clue what to expect in 2 days? I'm going to have a heart attack.


I'm with you!



same.

I dont know why I feel like I got a 159--I think thats my inner fear. cuz it would just be so horrible (its lower than my original score) and its the score at which point I see my world crashing before my eyes--so for some reason, I imagine thats what I scored.

User avatar
HDAU
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 11:26 am

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby HDAU » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:24 pm

I thought that I did pretty well in December and finished below my initial diagnostic. I feel pretty bad about this one and have no clue what to expect!

User avatar
GoTribe1
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby GoTribe1 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:25 pm

goosey wrote:
HDAU wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:There's about a 10-12 point range in which I wouldn't be surprised if my score fell... anyone else just have no clue what to expect in 2 days? I'm going to have a heart attack.


I'm with you!



same.

I dont know why I feel like I got a 159--I think thats my inner fear. cuz it would just be so horrible (its lower than my original score) and its the score at which point I see my world crashing before my eyes--so for some reason, I imagine thats what I scored.


I would be horrified by anything lower than the 163 I got in Sept. I felt like I did better, but then again I can think of a number of PTs where I felt like I owned and then realized I...very much did not.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby goosey » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:33 pm

GoTribe1 wrote:
goosey wrote:
HDAU wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:There's about a 10-12 point range in which I wouldn't be surprised if my score fell... anyone else just have no clue what to expect in 2 days? I'm going to have a heart attack.


I'm with you!



same.

I dont know why I feel like I got a 159--I think thats my inner fear. cuz it would just be so horrible (its lower than my original score) and its the score at which point I see my world crashing before my eyes--so for some reason, I imagine thats what I scored.


I would be horrified by anything lower than the 163 I got in Sept. I felt like I did better, but then again I can think of a number of PTs where I felt like I owned and then realized I...very much did not.


I felt like I did EXACTLY the same as I did in June. After September, I was very much like "wow I bombed games, I didnt do as well on LR but atleast RC went better" and then after feb I was like "holy hell i did exactly the same, except I prob didnt kill LR like I did in june!"=lower score=all those schools that really want to give me a shot will reject me and never look back

User avatar
HDAU
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 11:26 am

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby HDAU » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:36 pm

Farfan1 wrote:Scores will be released tomorrow.

I hate you for putting that idea in my mind!

User avatar
uganik
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:40 am

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby uganik » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:54 pm

HDAU wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:There's about a 10-12 point range in which I wouldn't be surprised if my score fell... anyone else just have no clue what to expect in 2 days? I'm going to have a heart attack.


I'm with you!



My spread's about 15 points, which makes it more exciting. :lol:

I got hammered on LG.... :cry:

I obliterated LR!!! :P

Was destroyed by sleep deprivation (obtained zero sleep prior to the test-lengthy justifiable explanation) on reading comp located in the last section, although I owned the comparative Darwin passage, which was first.

What concerns me is that the reading comp was a killer for many, being that it was their last section on the test (fatigue), whereas when these sections are evaluated for a curve they are typically placed in the first three sections where the test takers brain is still functioning fairly well.

This makes me believe that the curve will not be representative of the actual difficulty for those having reading comp at the end. I hope I'm mistaken.......

thegor1987
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:00 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby thegor1987 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:03 pm

I read on another post somewhere that the Feb. test is going to have a new curve. I.e. it changes every three years and this is the dec. 09 test was the last one with the same curve. SO in the past three years a 160 was 81%ile, whatever the number of correct responses would correspond to a 160 it would be a 81% nonetheless.

Anyone else heard of this or can provide further verification?

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby goosey » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:05 pm

uganik wrote:
HDAU wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:There's about a 10-12 point range in which I wouldn't be surprised if my score fell... anyone else just have no clue what to expect in 2 days? I'm going to have a heart attack.


I'm with you!



My spread's about 15 points, which makes it more exciting. :lol:

I got hammered on LG.... :cry:

I obliterated LR!!! :P

Was destroyed by sleep deprivation (obtained zero sleep prior to the test-lengthy justifiable explanation) on reading comp located in the last section, although I owned the comparative Darwin passage, which was first.

What concerns me is that the reading comp was a killer for many, being that it was their last section on the test (fatigue), whereas when these sections are evaluated for a curve they are typically placed in the first three sections where the test takers brain is still functioning fairly well.

This makes me believe that the curve will not be representative of the actual difficulty for those having reading comp at the end. I hope I'm mistaken.......



where idd you get this info from?

User avatar
uganik
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:40 am

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby uganik » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:10 pm

Could you be more specific?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Dcc617, Lahtso Nuggin and 4 guests