The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

WWAD
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby WWAD » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:46 pm

I thought the first two LR were easy, then I got the dreaded 3rd one when I was hoping for LG because I knew I had bommed that in the first half. Seeing the third one unexpectedly beat me down. Better than a second RC though. I need to build up my stamina and speed next time.

User avatar
bryntax
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby bryntax » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:04 am

o hay forgot to post here :)

sept: 159
dec: 161
feb: 167

feeling pretty good now about getting into some of my reaches (which aren't anything fancy, just some solid schools around the 20-30 rank).

grats to everyone who did well, try try again to anyone who didn't!

albanach
Posts: 1011
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby albanach » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:17 am

Sammi wrote:I bombed. :(

But I am re-taking in June. I scored below my diagnostic on this one...

so I'm going to register for power score lsat prep classes. I used the books and really like the strategies, something is obviously not "clicking" with me... I was 165+ on PTs so... I'm going balls to the wall on this last effort for fall 2011. See y'all in the June thread.


Like I said above, if you're scoring 165s in PTs, I'm not sure a class will help you a great deal. You're going to spend a lot of time going over basic techniques, and paying to do questions you will have already tackled in the bibles.

Do you have any feeling as to where you dropped points?

User avatar
nycsoul87
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:44 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby nycsoul87 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:34 am

Hey guys, just wanted to add on to this thread:

Sept 2009- 166
Dec 2009- Cancel
Feb 2010- 170

I'm satisfied with the 170 but there's a strong possibility that I will take it again in June (you can take it again if a school calls lsac for you).

Not applying until next cycle at the earliest anyways... Good luck to everyone finishing out this cycle and I will see the retakers in June!

kilo21
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby kilo21 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:49 pm

Is anyone else not able to view their writing sample for Feb 2010?

albanach
Posts: 1011
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby albanach » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:52 pm

kilo21 wrote:Is anyone else not able to view their writing sample for Feb 2010?


Mine opens fine. Why do you care?

WWAD
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby WWAD » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:49 pm

Yeah, the last thing I want to do is see what I wrote on my writing sample, it will just freak me out. I can open mine though...it's there.

purplehearts11
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby purplehearts11 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:58 pm

kilo21 wrote:Is anyone else not able to view their writing sample for Feb 2010?


I was able to view mine. I couldn't view it on my mac for some reason but when I pulled it up on a school computer, it was fine so maybe try that if you are on a mac?

nikkei325i
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:45 am

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby nikkei325i » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:54 pm

I am 99% sure it was my writing sample that killed my score.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby goosey » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:08 pm

nikkei325i wrote:I am 99% sure it was my writing sample that killed my score.



wait, ure kidding right?

WWAD
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby WWAD » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:30 pm

nikkei325i wrote:I am 99% sure it was my writing sample that killed my score.


I am 99% sure it was that you forgot to read the directions.

User avatar
maks25
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:24 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby maks25 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:17 am

Damn this writing sample...Princeton Law just called, they decided not to accept me because of it :(

OHKC42
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:19 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby OHKC42 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:23 am

that would suck, if princeton law existed. nice try.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princeton_Law_School

tomwatts
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:01 am

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby tomwatts » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:39 am

OHKC42 wrote:that would suck, if princeton law existed. nice try.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princeton_Law_School

I guess you're not going to get in either, then.

Snuffie
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby Snuffie » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:59 pm

tomwatts wrote:
OHKC42 wrote:that would suck, if princeton law existed. nice try.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princeton_Law_School

I guess you're not going to get in either, then.


Bah. You've dashed my dreams for an HYP education. Guess I'll have to aim for SCC.

User avatar
HiLine
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:57 am

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby HiLine » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:24 pm

Don't underestimate Dartmouth and Brown either.

ConsideringLawSchool
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby ConsideringLawSchool » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:30 pm

HiLine wrote:Don't underestimate Dartmouth and Brown either.


I am genuinely sad that Brown does not have a law school. I spent my whole life wanting to go to Brown for UG for no particular reason. When application time came around, I applied ED to a different school. If only Brown had a law school, my childhood dream of attending Brown might still be possible. Sad.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby goosey » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:21 pm

do you ever wonder what the rankings would be like if dartmouth, princeton, or brown had law schools. the prestige that comes along w those names alone would def shake up the rankings, and we'd prob be talking t20 rather than t14

User avatar
Perjury
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby Perjury » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:17 am

tomwatts wrote:
OHKC42 wrote:that would suck, if princeton law existed. nice try.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princeton_Law_School

I guess you're not going to get in either, then.


Then who took my application money? :?

felicity
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:50 am

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby felicity » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:58 am

kilo21 wrote:Is anyone else not able to view their writing sample for Feb 2010?


I am able to do it but it just made me realize what my mom and teachers have always told me: I have very bad handwriting.

melmor
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby melmor » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:14 am

I know this is an old thread, but I am reviving it because....I FINALLY GOT MY LSAT SCORE!!! A hold had been placed on my account, and just now got processed aaaaaaaaaaand I scores about 10 points ABOVE my average pretest score. AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby goosey » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:44 pm

melmor wrote:I know this is an old thread, but I am reviving it because....I FINALLY GOT MY LSAT SCORE!!! A hold had been placed on my account, and just now got processed aaaaaaaaaaand I scores about 10 points ABOVE my average pretest score. AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!



congratulations!!!!

User avatar
HiLine
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:57 am

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby HiLine » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:49 pm

melmor wrote:I know this is an old thread, but I am reviving it because....I FINALLY GOT MY LSAT SCORE!!! A hold had been placed on my account, and just now got processed aaaaaaaaaaand I scores about 10 points ABOVE my average pretest score. AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!


Congratulations! How about some input for

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=109330&view=viewpoll and
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=396&start=450

:wink:

User avatar
Sammi
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby Sammi » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:13 pm

albanach wrote:
Sammi wrote:I bombed. :(

But I am re-taking in June. I scored below my diagnostic on this one...

so I'm going to register for power score lsat prep classes. I used the books and really like the strategies, something is obviously not "clicking" with me... I was 165+ on PTs so... I'm going balls to the wall on this last effort for fall 2011. See y'all in the June thread.


Like I said above, if you're scoring 165s in PTs, I'm not sure a class will help you a great deal. You're going to spend a lot of time going over basic techniques, and paying to do questions you will have already tackled in the bibles.

Do you have any feeling as to where you dropped points?


Logic Games big time. I learn best when I'm able to talk to someone else (a teacher, other students) when figuring out why. It's just my own personal learning style. Classes suit me better :)

*in other words... don't rain on my parade--it cost a lot o money.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby r6_philly » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:44 pm

Sammi wrote:
Logic Games big time. I learn best when I'm able to talk to someone else (a teacher, other students) when figuring out why. It's just my own personal learning style. Classes suit me better :)

*in other words... don't rain on my parade--it cost a lot o money.


Actually sounds like you need a tutor. Some personalized one on one time will help you develop a good plan to attack the games. It will never be one size fits all, and if you can learn better from interaction a tutor will probably save money and accomplish more than classes




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests