The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Pricer

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby Pricer » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:03 pm

evergirl23 wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:
jks289 wrote:I officially let my top choice school know I was retaking the LSAT so they are holding my app to see the score. It is an all but certainty that if I don't break 170 I am out. In some ways I feel relieved to know that Friday (most likely) will bring some answers. 3 more days....

With people still taking the test on Saturday the 27th, I am curious as to why anyone feels they'll release before that. The last day to cancel for the people taking on the 27th is March 3rd. With that, I predict a March 4th release for all.

When I spoke to LSAC a couple Fridays ago, the rep there stated unequivocally that 2/6 scores would be released on or before 3/1, regardless of what happens with the reschedules.

Now, I take anything LSAC says with a touch of skepticism, but I don't see them holding the majority of the scores for a minority of test-takers who had to be rescheduled.

I have faith in what they say.

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:05 pm

jks289 wrote:
februaryftw wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:
jks289 wrote:I officially let my top choice school know I was retaking the LSAT so they are holding my app to see the score. It is an all but certainty that if I don't break 170 I am out. In some ways I feel relieved to know that Friday (most likely) will bring some answers. 3 more days....

With people still taking the test on Saturday the 27th, I am curious as to why anyone feels they'll release before that. The last day to cancel for the people taking on the 27th is March 3rd. With that, I predict a March 4th release for all.

I can see them waiting until Monday, which is still officially on time, but there have been some confirmations by LSAC employees that there is no expected delay for those who wrote on the 6th, and actual confirmations that they expect to be on time with these scores. Not sure about those who wrote later though.

Zero basis for the March 4 prediction. It doesn't make sense that they would delay all scores in order to release on the same day. If LSAC has been anything, it is consistent. There hasn't been a single time they didn't meet their deadline. And to my knowledge they have always released at least a weekend early. This certainly can't be the first time a group of tests were administered late, and they have never failed to release scores on time. Possibly scores will be pushed to Monday, but LSAC has repeatedly told Feb 6 takers, scores were not delayed.

I called because I had a hold on my account and was told that if I faxed a form in my score would be released on time with the rest of them on Monday the 1st. But, as we all know they always say they will be out on the "official release" date even when they are released early. I believe that they would have said not to expect my score by the 1st if they were going to release them late. My bet is Friday, but definitely by Monday. It would make sense for LSAC to tell people that have called recently that the scores are going to be delayed, if they really are, because that would mean one less person calling next week to figure out what's going on.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:09 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cardnal124

Postby cardnal124 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:13 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
jks289 wrote:Zero basis for the March 4 prediction. It doesn't make sense that they would delay all scores in order to release on the same day. If LSAC has been anything, it is consistent. There hasn't been a single time they didn't meet their deadline. And to my knowledge they have always released at least a weekend early. This certainly can't be the first time a group of tests were administered late, and they have never failed to release scores on time. Possibly scores will be pushed to Monday, but LSAC has repeatedly told Feb 6 takers, scores were not delayed.

I wouldn't say zero as it's my understanding that there has never been a delay in testing like there's been this last February.

That said, as a Feb 6 taker, I certainly hope you're right. But in having dealt with LSAC for over a year at this point, I've come to expect nothing but the worst from them. They've beaten every last ounce of optimism out of me that I ever had. :|

They don't like North Koreans, so it may have been intentional

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
jks289 wrote:Zero basis for the March 4 prediction. It doesn't make sense that they would delay all scores in order to release on the same day. If LSAC has been anything, it is consistent. There hasn't been a single time they didn't meet their deadline. And to my knowledge they have always released at least a weekend early. This certainly can't be the first time a group of tests were administered late, and they have never failed to release scores on time. Possibly scores will be pushed to Monday, but LSAC has repeatedly told Feb 6 takers, scores were not delayed.

I wouldn't say zero as it's my understanding that there has never been a delay in testing like there's been this last February.

That said, as a Feb 6 taker, I certainly hope you're right. But in having dealt with LSAC for over a year at this point, I've come to expect nothing but the worst from them. They've beaten every last ounce of optimism out of me that I ever had. :|

In light of the circumstances I still think it is reasonable to expect LSAC to act consistently with their past policies. There appears to be an assumption floating around that all scores must be released on the same day even for different administrations, but I haven't seen any evidence to back that up. Considering the time sensitive nature of the February test (up against application deadlines) I think if they say "nothing has changed" we should believe them and rely on the precedent release dates.

That said, scores come when they come. Our speculation and expectations aren’t going to change anything. So I’ll be crossing my fingers for Friday, but preparing myself for a long weekend of not knowing.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:26 pm

We 2/20 takers have only until noon tomorrow (2/24) to cancel our scores instead of the usual 6 calendar days. This leads me to believe that they want to expedite the scoring and get everything out as soon as possible.

Also, my proctor said LSAC would be hand scoring our exams. I don't know what bearing that has on speed of completion, but its another piece of information for me to obsess over.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:27 pm

chutzpah wrote:We 2/20 takers have only until noon tomorrow (2/24) to cancel our scores instead of the usual 6 calendar days. This leads me to believe that they want to expedite the scoring and get everything out as soon as possible.

Also, my proctor said LSAC would be hand scoring our exams. I don't know what bearing that has on speed of completion, but its another piece of information for me to obsess over.

Interesting. I guess there isn't any real advantage gained in having more time to consider cancelling.

chutzpah

Postby chutzpah » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:34 pm

jks289 wrote:
chutzpah wrote:We 2/20 takers have only until noon tomorrow (2/24) to cancel our scores instead of the usual 6 calendar days. This leads me to believe that they want to expedite the scoring and get everything out as soon as possible.

Interesting. I guess there isn't any real advantage gained in having more time to consider cancelling.

Oh and also, my LSAT status page still says my Administration Date was February 6, 2010 and Score E-mail Date 3/1/2010, but that might just be because they didnt want to make their web people change it.

Farfan1

Postby Farfan1 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:47 pm

Does anyone else have an LSAT tab open and available at all times...and consistently refreshing? Any day now....

Farfan1

Postby Farfan1 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:50 pm

In light of the circumstances I still think it is reasonable to expect LSAC to act consistently with their past policies. There appears to be an assumption floating around that all scores must be released on the same day even for different administrations, but I haven't seen any evidence to back that up. Considering the time sensitive nature of the February test (up against application deadlines) I think if they say "nothing has changed" we should believe them and rely on the precedent release dates.

That said, scores come when they come. Our speculation and expectations aren’t going to change anything. So I’ll be crossing my fingers for Friday, but preparing myself for a long weekend of not knowing.[/quote]

Hopefully the weekend goes by fast...they always do. Just drink alot :)

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:30 pm

I hope so. I'm also having some apps "held" and have pretty much no clue how I did. Walked out on the day of the exam feeling pretty confident, and my PT's were much higher than the were the last test (and the exam had the same feel as a PT), but I'm still a bit uneasy.

nmmnyc777

Postby nmmnyc777 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:32 pm

So when the lsac releases scores, will they email us?...or do we have to constantly keep checking lsac.org?

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:33 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:35 pm

People are too busy obsessing about decisions and money offers going out to get too worked up about Feb scores.

We've survived another day. Two more to go. I'm feeling calm, if not optimistic.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:37 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:40 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
nmmnyc777 wrote:So when the lsac releases scores, will they email us?...or do we have to constantly keep checking lsac.org?

Most people do both! :D

From what I've seen, and experienced, it's almost simultaneous from when you receive your email to when your score is posted in LSAC.

If what everyone has heard from LSAC is true, I imagine Friday will be a busy day on this thread. If scores are released, you can expect them, usually, from between 4pm EST to 7pm EST. Once they start going out, it takes around 3-4 hours for everyone to get their score.

These 3-4 hours are just about the worst thing ever. The first time I took the test I didn't know TLS exsisted, much less that scores came out earlier than posted. I just checked my email and there it was. Saved so much angst and worry.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:56 pm

jks289 wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:
nmmnyc777 wrote:So when the lsac releases scores, will they email us?...or do we have to constantly keep checking lsac.org?

Most people do both! :D

From what I've seen, and experienced, it's almost simultaneous from when you receive your email to when your score is posted in LSAC.

If what everyone has heard from LSAC is true, I imagine Friday will be a busy day on this thread. If scores are released, you can expect them, usually, from between 4pm EST to 7pm EST. Once they start going out, it takes around 3-4 hours for everyone to get their score.

These 3-4 hours are just about the worst thing ever. The first time I took the test I didn't know TLS exsisted, much less that scores came out earlier than posted. I just checked my email and there it was. Saved so much angst and worry.

My experience was the worst. September scores started going out a bit before 5 pm. I got mine at 11:30 pm. It was torture.

Anyway, I really just want my score so I can move on with my life and see the rest of my cycle play out.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:02 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruiser

Postby Bruiser » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:13 pm

When I got my score in Dec. 08' the scores started coming out around 11 am EST and I got mine around 5:30 EST. I cried, cursed, and sat in a state of shock, and then went to the movies. I saw "Yes Man." It was a terrible day.
Lets hope this time I did better and am happy. Its my dh's birthday Friday, and I took the test on my son's birthday, so those have to be good signs. That and the fact that this time I studied for months and actually got a good night's sleep the night before the test.

cardnal124

Postby cardnal124 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:12 pm

I wish I could sleep. Two 16 hour days would be bad enough but two 21 hour days are ridiculous.

nikkei325i

Postby nikkei325i » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:10 pm

Pricer wrote:
nikkei325i wrote:I have an announcement to make: I cancelled a ~168 when I had taken the December 09' exam. Yes, I am 95% certain that this is true. FML. Now I am going to get a ~157-160. FML^2. Does anyone else have a similar story that they would like to share so I don't feel alone here?

Why did you do so much worse the second time? And why did you cancel what you felt was 168 material on your first try?

The reason I had cancelled my December exam was because I did not even get the chance to get to my third passage of my RC section. I figured that this alone would prevent me from getting into the schools that I was targeting. However, when I found out how generous the curve was my jaw just dropped in astonishment. I went over the Dec exam and (based on my vague memory of the exam) tried my hardest to remember which answers looked like the ones I had picked. I kicked butt on LG, got about -10 on both LR sections, and predict that had I guessed on the last two passages and bubbled in "D" for the last 14 questions of the section (guessing 5 of those correct) I would have received -8. The results? About -8 from the RC section and -10 from both LR sections for a total of -18 on the entire exam. This score scaled on the -14 curve for a 170 brought me to my conclusion that I would have received a 168. FML. Recalling (vaguely) how I performed on the Feb LSAT, my score does not even compare to what I would have received on the Dec LSAT, even with a -14 curve.... =( I should have stuck it out and believed in myself (and my answers) rather than be quick to cancel my score.

Farfan1

Postby Farfan1 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:24 pm

Any one watching law movies/tv shows. Watching The Good Wife right now...pretty good.

cassieyuc

Postby cassieyuc » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:12 am

I am watching boston legal, too distracted to focus on the story! :(

cardnal124

Postby cardnal124 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:16 am

playcurling.com + the office = magic

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”