The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

robin600

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby robin600 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:20 am

Farfan1 wrote:I just noticed that the June LSAT was taken on the 6th and the score release was Thursday the 25th...I hope we get this treatment!!!

When I got my June score it came at like 11:30pm EST on Thursday, yes I stayed up until I got it.

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:32 am

robin600 wrote:
Farfan1 wrote:I just noticed that the June LSAT was taken on the 6th and the score release was Thursday the 25th...I hope we get this treatment!!!

When I got my June score it came at like 11:30pm EST on Thursday, yes I stayed up until I got it.

Oh good. Now all of us will be sitting up till like 1am on Thursday lol

cardnal124

Postby cardnal124 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:33 am

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
robin600 wrote:

Oh good. Now all of us will be sitting up till like 1am on Thursday lol

Lucky for me I'm going to a concert and getting blitzed so I will have some good sleep and not worry.

lawschoollll

Postby lawschoollll » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:38 am

I guess I'm leaving my phone's email alert volume on high on Thursday night... goddamit.

uganik

Postby uganik » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:59 am

I think LSAC would have good cause for releasing scores prior to Friday for the following reasons:

1.) As a result of numerous cancellations, far fewer tests were administered on the 6th than were typical of a February administration.

2.) In light of the impending application deadlines, an earlier release date would allow us sufficient time to take action on these deadlines, adjusting applications submissions based on our scores.

3.) LSAC loves us and wants the best for us always.

pinkzeppelin

Postby pinkzeppelin » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:01 am

uganik wrote: 3.) LSAC loves us and wants the best for us always.
Last edited by pinkzeppelin on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cardnal124

Postby cardnal124 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:03 am

uganik wrote:I think LSAC would have good cause for releasing scores prior to Friday for the following reasons:

1.) As a result of numerous cancellations, far fewer tests were administered on the 6th than were typical of a February administration.

2.) In light of the impending application deadlines, an earlier release date would allow us sufficient time to take action on these deadlines, adjusting applications submissions based on our scores.

3.) LSAC loves us and wants the best for us always.

Is this a identify the logical error question? Don't do this bro you're giving me flashbacks

goosey

Postby goosey » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:22 am

oh god...here I was mentally prepared for friday and somebody gives me hope for thursday. u people are sadists.

cardnal124

Postby cardnal124 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:34 am

OMG I JUST GOT MY SCORE

--ImageRemoved--

nikkei325i

Postby nikkei325i » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:06 am

I have an announcement to make: I cancelled a ~168 when I had taken the December 09' exam. Yes, I am 95% certain that this is true. FML. Now I am going to get a ~157-160. FML^2. Does anyone else have a similar story that they would like to share so I don't feel alone here?

Thirteen

Postby Thirteen » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:15 am

I'm starting to get anxious about seeing my score, and the talk about getting them Thursday night isn't helping. I'm flying across the country to see my girlfriend Thursday, and I'm sure that constantly checking my phone for e-mails will piss her off. My heart will jump every time I receive a text message, and I hope that she doesn't interpret my nerves about my phone as shadiness on my part. It would sucked to get dumped, then find out I bombed my retake, haha.

Snuffie

Postby Snuffie » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:51 am

Thirteen wrote:I'm starting to get anxious about seeing my score, and the talk about getting them Thursday night isn't helping. I'm flying across the country to see my girlfriend Thursday, and I'm sure that constantly checking my phone for e-mails will piss her off. My heart will jump every time I receive a text message, and I hope that she doesn't interpret my nerves about my phone as shadiness on my part. It would sucked to get dumped, then find out I bombed my retake, haha.

Funny story. The Tuesday before the LSAT, I had an ominous conversation with my increasingly needy girlfriend, and realized then and there that the relationship had run its course. I delayed the conversation because she "couldn't handle it" given some other bad news she had recently received. We finally had "the talk" 2 hours after the LSAT. Having the situation handled in my mind prior to the administration no doubt aided my performance. Abandoning that Gordian Knot mere hours after the administration exponentially improved my post-LSAT partying that evening.

If your girlfriend is worth her salt, then she'll understand your anxiety. If she's like mine, then you can use the results of your score to cushion the breakup - if you rocked the LSAT, then you'll someone worthy of you at HYS. Conversely, if you bombed the LSAT, ditching that paranoid wench will hurt far less by comparison. You'll even save on airfare, which can be put towards another administration.

Your situation is chock full of win. I envy you.

lawschoollll

Postby lawschoollll » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:17 am

bgdddymtty

Postby bgdddymtty » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:21 pm

cardnal124 wrote:OMG I JUST GOT MY SCORE

--ImageRemoved--

Ovaltine Jenkins FTW!

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:00 pm

nikkei325i wrote:I have an announcement to make: I cancelled a ~168 when I had taken the December 09' exam. Yes, I am 95% certain that this is true. FML. Now I am going to get a ~157-160. FML^2. Does anyone else have a similar story that they would like to share so I don't feel alone here?

Why did you do so much worse the second time? And why did you cancel what you felt was 168 material on your first try?

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:30 pm

I officially let my top choice school know I was retaking the LSAT so they are holding my app to see the score. It is an all but certainty that if I don't break 170 I am out. In some ways I feel relieved to know that Friday (most likely) will bring some answers. 3 more days....

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:45 pm

Last edited by Mr. Matlock on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

februaryftw

Postby februaryftw » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:47 pm

jks289 wrote:I officially let my top choice school know I was retaking the LSAT so they are holding my app to see the score. It is an all but certainty that if I don't break 170 I am out. In some ways I feel relieved to know that Friday (most likely) will bring some answers. 3 more days....

Ha, I had an LSAT release dream as well--I think I woke up just as I going to read my score.

Edit: Did you figure out you were dreaming because you don't get to know your raw score!
Last edited by februaryftw on Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

februaryftw

Postby februaryftw » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:49 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:
jks289 wrote:I officially let my top choice school know I was retaking the LSAT so they are holding my app to see the score. It is an all but certainty that if I don't break 170 I am out. In some ways I feel relieved to know that Friday (most likely) will bring some answers. 3 more days....

With people still taking the test on Saturday the 27th, I am curious as to why anyone feels they'll release before that. The last day to cancel for the people taking on the 27th is March 3rd. With that, I predict a March 4th release for all.

I can see them waiting until Monday, which is still officially on time, but there have been some confirmations by LSAC employees that there is no expected delay for those who wrote on the 6th, and actual confirmations that they expect to be on time with these scores. Not sure about those who wrote later though.

cardnal124

Postby cardnal124 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:50 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:

With people still taking the test on Saturday the 27th, I am curious as to why anyone feels they'll release before that. The last day to cancel for the people taking on the 27th is March 3rd. With that, I predict a March 4th release for all.

The test is different for the 2/27 administration, so it's not on the same curve. So cancellations shouldn't be affected by the normal Feb. administration scores just like they shouldn't be affected by the Dec. 09 administration scores.

Different tests altogether shouldn't delay the release date... at least I hope

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:56 pm

februaryftw wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:

I can see them waiting until Monday, which is still officially on time, but there have been some confirmations by LSAC employees that there is no expected delay for those who wrote on the 6th, and actual confirmations that they expect to be on time with these scores. Not sure about those who wrote later though.

Zero basis for the March 4 prediction. It doesn't make sense that they would delay all scores in order to release on the same day. If LSAC has been anything, it is consistent. There hasn't been a single time they didn't meet their deadline. And to my knowledge they have always released at least a weekend early. This certainly can't be the first time a group of tests were administered late, and they have never failed to release scores on time. Possibly scores will be pushed to Monday, but LSAC has repeatedly told Feb 6 takers, scores were not delayed.

evergirl23

Postby evergirl23 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:56 pm

I did the same thing with my top 2 choices last week! I wasn't going to, but then I thought about it, and felt like it was not worth it to maybe get rejected/waitlisted just to save a couple of weeks.

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:58 pm

evergirl23 wrote:

I did the same thing with my top 2 choices last week! I wasn't going to, but then I thought about it, and felt like it was not worth it to maybe get rejected/waitlisted just to save a couple of weeks.

I saw they were handing out mass rejections and decided the heartbreak of being rejected a week before a potentially higher score would be more than I could take. But it really puts the pressure on this one, and I didn't feel like I killed this test....

evergirl23

Postby evergirl23 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:59 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:

When I spoke to LSAC a couple Fridays ago, the rep there stated unequivocally that 2/6 scores would be released on or before 3/1, regardless of what happens with the reschedules.

Now, I take anything LSAC says with a touch of skepticism, but I don't see them holding the majority of the scores for a minority of test-takers who had to be rescheduled.

evergirl23

Postby evergirl23 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:02 pm

jks289 wrote:
evergirl23 wrote:

I saw they were handing out mass rejections and decided the heartbreak of being rejected a week before a potentially higher score would be more than I could take. But it really puts the pressure on this one, and I didn't feel like I killed this test....

I feel the exact same way. Definitely a lot of pressure, which I wasn't feeling too much up until this week. It just seems like there is so much riding on this score. I am trying to relieve some of the pressure by telling myself that I am into some good schools already, but it is not working too well. Luckily, I will be at ASD at WUSTL on Friday, so at least I will be somewhat distracted from obsessively checking my email.

Best of luck to you, jks289 - I hope we both broke that 170 barrier!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”