The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

cardnal124

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby cardnal124 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:29 pm

pokey wrote:I always assume problems like this come down to management. They could had instituted a wage/raise freeze and workers are retaliating by performing work slowly. They could have fired an older IT person and hired a young grad as it was cheaper. They are probably outsourcing the work to another country to save money and have lost the control they once had. Usually management.

So you're saying we should ask for managers when we call in droves on Monday?

Also, purely hypothetically, you think if you kidnapped someone from LSAC and your ransom was scores coming out early, would it help?

apleeter

Postby apleeter » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:30 pm

For some reason, my account isnt even allowing me to log on. An error message keeps on coming up. Does this mean something? I just want to know how I did.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:30 pm

pokey wrote:Plus the yellow line is not a line. It was a box that had the "click to print ticket" information or whatever it said. Now there is nothing in the box, so it looks like a line (it collapses, look up CSS).

why would it have a print ticket thing for my september and june tests? but even so, I think its established that the line must have already been there, but somebody's testing center changing is not like a yellow line that isnt a line...

WWAD

Postby WWAD » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:31 pm

cardnal124 wrote:Also, purely hypothetically, you think if you kidnapped someone from LSAC and your ransom was scores coming out early, would it help?

Help get your scores (yes) or get accepted to a school (no).

Sammi

Postby Sammi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:32 pm

apleeter wrote:For some reason, my account isnt even allowing me to log on. An error message keeps on coming up. Does this mean something? I just want to know how I did.

I'm inside my account... no change here... let us know when you're able to log in if anything has changed :)

apleeter

Postby apleeter » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:32 pm

I just tried calling the LSAC and they are closed...WTF???? They are always open on Saturdays!

ST7740

Postby ST7740 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:32 pm

The fact of the matter is this.

There was an unprecedented, extreme snow blizzard over the east coast area.

People could not come out of there houses, so what makes u think they was coming in to work?

Also there was a power outage and what that mean is that if LSAT had a computer set up to send out scores, it was shut down and wont be on again until someone comes in to fix it. Nobody works at the weekend in LSAC, so using logic, its obvious that the scores will not come earlier than Monday.

"But in the past times they came early!"

Well, in the past times there wasnt no snow storms as bad as this one was. Sure there were snow and all, but it wasnt this bad that the whole country got covered up to their face in snow yo and especially in "Penn", Snow is ultra heavy and they arent as developed as other places so it makes it even more obvious that scores are coming on Monday.

U can bet ur cash on it!

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:34 pm

ST7740 wrote:The fact of the matter is this.

People could not come out of there houses, so what makes u think they was coming in to work?

Also there was a power outage and what that mean is that if LSAT had a computer set up to send out scores, it was shut down and wont be on again until someone comes in to fix it. Nobody works at the weekend in LSAC, so using logic, its obvious that the scores will not come earlier than Monday.

Well, in the past times there wasnt no snow storms as bad as this one was. Sure there were snow and all, but it wasnt this bad that the whole country got covered up to their face in snow yo and especially in "Penn", Snow is ultra heavy and they arent as developed as other places so it makes it even more obvious that scores are coming on Monday.

U can bet ur cash on it!

I dont think the snow was that bad where lsac is.
2, buildings have generators that automaticall start when electricity goes out.
3, it wasnt an unprecedented storm.
4, yes they are developed..? what are u talking about.
5, are u a fob? :D

apleeter

Postby apleeter » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:35 pm

I agree with you but I spoke to someone at the LSAC early this morning...

birD

Postby birD » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:35 pm

The fact of the matter is this.

U can bet ur cash on it!

F U

krzyreeesh

Postby krzyreeesh » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:36 pm

I like to think a bit more practically and not assume that there's some master switch that they have to flip that will release our scores. It's most likely a progressive process with many steps and iterations to ensure everything is done correctly the first time around.

Going with the widely held and corroborated belief that this process is computerized and based on the information so far (applications listed as suddenly complete, test centers showing up that weren' there before and possibly the yellow lines) it could mean that the scores are first tied to the LSAC account, schools are then given an update that the score has been tied, all information including test center of each test taker is verified, the release date is moved up (release date change), documents are verified (icon change), and then an e-mail is sent out.

In this way, I believe we're just waiting for a big old computer system to finish doing its security checks and verifications. The snow-related issues (Feb 27th cancellations) may have slowed this down a bit, but I do still believe that it is simply a matter of time and there is no hard release date. The scores are simply released as soon as the computer is done and the absolute maximum time that this will take will result in a March 1st release.

Regarding the power outage theory, as an IT manager myself, I can assure you if a power outage occurred, no matter when, that there would be remote staff assuring that the servers were up and running and whatever processes were going on before the outage were quickly resumed. This would account for a slowdown, but not an altogether stoppage.

Just throwing this out there because it helps me cope a bit knowing that I'm not waiting for some employees to do their busy work or for some other bureaucratic process.
Last edited by krzyreeesh on Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cardnal124

Postby cardnal124 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:36 pm

WWAD wrote:
cardnal124 wrote:Also, purely hypothetically, you think if you kidnapped someone from LSAC and your ransom was scores coming out early, would it help?

But if I don't get caught? I feel like it would show my intelligence and creativity to law schools.. good PS material IMHO

Sammi

Postby Sammi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:37 pm

apleeter wrote:I agree with you but I spoke to someone at the LSAC early this morning...

Maybe they are busy trying to send out scores... let them be. It's almost lunchtime there anyway.

cardnal124

Postby cardnal124 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:38 pm

Sammi wrote:
apleeter wrote:I agree with you but I spoke to someone at the LSAC early this morning...

Maybe they are busy trying to send out scores... let them be. It's almost lunchtime there anyway.

Ok... lets all chip in and buy them chinese delivery so they can work through lunch

WWAD

Postby WWAD » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:39 pm

cardnal124 wrote:
WWAD wrote:

But if I don't get caught? I feel like it would show my intelligence and creativity to law schools.. good PS material IMHO

I hadn't thought of it that way, you're right. Maybe even do something extra like get yourself a 181 for good measure, just to show off.

ST7740

Postby ST7740 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:40 pm

birD wrote:
F U

Wow real mature there, I bet that gonna serve u well in practicing law.

1. I was in New York and Snow was mad bad here. Like the morning of the snow u couldnt open ur door cause snow was like up the windows. Also u couldnt drive ur car unless U spent like 5 hours digging it out cuz all cars buried and all roads are full of snow exept where plow cleaned them which is only in main parts. Mayor Bloomberg said on the radio that this was worst snow in a DECADE, so sure, u can say "There was bad snow 10 years ago so its not unprecedented", but what I mean by unprecedented is recent times.
2. Buildings have generators sure but data can still get lost if all Power goin out and u got snow destroying power lines and electricity.
3. They are developed but nowhere near places like New York where Snow got clean up fast because all roads are paved and its all the city.
4. I dont know what a fob is, so I guess not!

BTW, no need to get mad at me cuz I'm telling the TRUTH.
Last edited by ST7740 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sammi

Postby Sammi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:40 pm

cardnal124 wrote:
Sammi wrote:

Ok... lets all chip in and buy them chinese delivery so they can work through lunch

I think we are classier than that. Let's order them something nice--like Indian food... yummmm....

Actually. I think I'm going to get MYSELF Indian food for lunch. Chicken Tikka Masala, take me away!

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:40 pm

krzyreeesh wrote:I like to think a bit more practically and not assume that there's some master switch that they have to flip that will release our scores. It's most likely a progressive process with many steps and iterations to ensure everything is done correctly the first time around.

Going with the widely held and corroborated belief that this process is computerized and based on the information so far (applications listed as suddenly complete, test centers showing up that weren' there before and possibly the yellow lines) it could mean that the scores are first tied to the LSAC account, schools are then given an update that the score has been tied, all information including test center of each test taker is verified, the release date is moved up (release date change), documents are verified (icon change), and then an e-mail is sent out.

In this way, I believe we're just waiting for a big old computer system to finish doing its security checks and verifications. The snow-related issues (Feb 27th cancellations) may have slowed this down a bit, but I do still believe that it is simply a matter of time and there is no hard release date. The scores are simply released as soon as the computer is done and the absolute maximum time that this will take will result in a March 1st release.

Regarding the power outage theory, as an IT manager myself, I can assure you if a power outage occurred, no matter when, that there would be remote staff assuring that the servers were up and running and whatever processes were going on before the outage were quickly resumed. This would account for a slowdown, but not an altogether stoppage.

Just throwing this out there because it helps me cope a bit knowing that I'm not waiting for some employees to do their busy work or for some other bureaucratic process.

thanks for the sanity. I agree. I also think that there arent as many "signs" right now because there werent as many testers on feb 6th. for other administrations you have lotsof people coming on and posting about things changing on their page (like testing centers, etc) but its not going to be at all common because there are so few testers to begin with (add to the fact that many originally registered for the 6th didnt even take it then) so we feel like there are no "signs" but there are a few random ones were just not paying attn to

yourLSATscore

Postby yourLSATscore » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:41 pm

I'm really not trying to hold up anyone, but the Big K is having a huge sale today. I may be a little late.

Could I suggest some time-killing games to help with the wait?

http://www.addictinggames.com/redremover.html
http://www.addictinggames.com/papercannon.html
http://www.addictinggames.com/bricksinspace.html

...I think the following game is the most appropriate:

http://www.freeworldgroup.com/games8/gameindex/thisistheonlylevel2.htm

Also, everyone could use a refresher in punctuation every now and then. Let's learn how to use a semicolon together!

--LinkRemoved--

Thanks to everyone for understanding. Remember, patience is a virtue! :wink:

frankieSD

Postby frankieSD » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:41 pm

ST7740 wrote:
birD wrote:
F U

Wow real mature there, I bet that gonna serve u well in practicing law.

1. I was in New York and Snow was mad bad here. Like the morning of the snow u couldnt open ur door cause snow was like up the windows. Also u couldnt drive ur car unless U spent like 5 hours digging it out cuz all cars buried and all roads are full of snow exept where plow cleaned them which is only in main parts. Mayor Bloomberg said on the radio that this was worst snow in a DECADE, so sure, u can say "There was bad snow 10 years ago so its not unprecedented", but what I mean by unprecedented is recent times.
2. Buildings have generators sure but data can still get lost if all Power goin out and u got snow destroying power lines and electricity.
3. They are developed but nowhere near places like New York where Snow got clean up fast because all roads are paved and its all the city.

HAHAHAHAHA!

dibs

Postby dibs » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:42 pm

omg awesome guys! last night i dreamed i got a 151 and was rejected from every school i applied to!

woooO!

cardnal124

Postby cardnal124 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:43 pm

WWAD wrote:
cardnal124 wrote:
WWAD wrote:

I hadn't thought of it that way, you're right. Maybe even do something extra like get yourself a 181 for good measure, just to show off.

Ya, and have them put in my report I was the first person ever to get to the 100th percentile. They had to use 7 dimensions to have it make sense, but its pretty sweet.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:43 pm

ST7740 wrote:

lsac is not in ny. I live closer to nyc than lsac is and we had about 14" of snow less than nyc. snow didnt destroy "all power lines ad electricity"
I am pretty sure pennsylvanias got paved roads too :roll:

Sammi

Postby Sammi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:44 pm

goosey wrote:
ST7740 wrote:

lsac is not in ny. I live closer to nyc than lsac is and we had about 14" of snow less than nyc. snow didnt destroy "all power lines ad electricity"
I am pretty sure pennsylvanias got paved roads too :roll:

oooooo SICK BURN

lbm2636

Postby lbm2636 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:45 pm

Just a thought, but could it be that they're waiting to release the scores until the make-up exams are administered for those affected by the snow? I can't imagine them releasing scores, answer sheets, etc. if there are people out there that still need to take the exam. Has this happened in the past?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”