The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

cardnal124

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby cardnal124 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:03 pm

invisiblesun wrote:
Relientkate wrote:
cardnal124 wrote:
theadw wrote:I live in DC, and took my test on the 6th at a center for which I wasn't signed up -- a few minutes ago, my LSAT status page changed to reflect this, so something's being processed. Seems to auger well for a score release today.

Yes, just like the yellow line did.

I can feel it coming in the air tonight... hold on..

--ImageRemoved--

+1

Hopefully the tiger in the bathroom in our situation is not the fact that the LSAC lost our scores... (check board index for a post regarding someone knowing someone at LSAC talking about hardware issues)

LSAT: "We fudged up guys. We don't have any idea what happened to your tests."

frankieSD

Postby frankieSD » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:04 pm

invisiblesun wrote:
frankieSD wrote:I am beginning to lose it. I got an e-mail two weeks ago saying my social security # was updated to my profile (aka my LSAT scantron was run through the machine and they now have my SSN). I have had a score out there somewhere for a couple weeks...I WANT IT NOW!!!!!
:shock:

This thread has done wonders for my self-appraisal of my coping mechanisms and patience. I thought that I was bad with waiting for high-stakes results, but ITT I feel like the Dalai Lama...

invisiblesun - I had NO idea what "ITT" meant so I looked it up... "in this thread"? ...I'm learning so much internet slang here!

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:05 pm

I'm planning an addendum claiming that the later than usual release negatively impacted my score. Also, the 4 F's I got this semester are a result of anxiety from waiting more than 20 days. Anyone think Cooley will buy it?

Sammi

Postby Sammi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:05 pm

I went looking for the post where the woman said that her husband/fiance/boyfriend or something worked at LSAC and said the scores won't be out until Monday. Can anyone find it?? It's back there in the 20s somewhere--we all blissfully ignored it.

danielle77

Postby danielle77 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:06 pm

No scores and a tsunami warning this morning. FAN TASTIC. This has certainly been an interesting February.

Relientkate

Postby Relientkate » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:06 pm

I can feel it coming in the air tonight... hold on..[/quote]
--ImageRemoved--[/quote]

+1

Hopefully the tiger in the bathroom in our situation is not the fact that the LSAC lost our scores... (check board index for a post regarding someone knowing someone at LSAC talking about hardware issues)[/quote]

LSAT: "We fudged up guys. We don't have any idea what happened to your tests."[/quote]

That's okay, I feel like when finally get my score, it may feel a little like I opened the trunk and was immediately smacked in the head with a large object.

sandahs

Postby sandahs » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:07 pm

I'm a guy and it's my sister's husband who works at the LSAC. The scores arent comeing till monday. sorry ya'll.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:08 pm

I dreamt I got a 180 and that scores were released today. I always have true dreams. It is so happening. (Ps- in the dream, I cried when I got my 180. Pps-no way in hell I got a 180)

sandahs

Postby sandahs » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:09 pm

sandahs wrote:I'm a guy and it's my sister's husband who works at the LSAC. The scores arent comeing till monday. sorry ya'll.

I tried to tell you but no one listened. I didnt want to believe him either though. he usually fucks with people quite a bit.

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:10 pm

sandahs wrote:
sandahs wrote:I'm a guy and it's my sister's husband who works at the LSAC. The scores arent comeing till monday. sorry ya'll.

I tried to tell you but no one listened. I didnt want to believe him either though. he usually fucks with people quite a bit.

Yeah, I was wondering because I figured that if I was 100% certain that scores weren't coming out until Monday I wouldn't be hanging out on this forum until then. :lol:

cardnal124

Postby cardnal124 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:10 pm

Can you let them know they are killing the children within us? It's like making a child wait until New Year's to open his Christmas presents... there will be temper tantrums... more so than now

Sammi

Postby Sammi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:11 pm

sandahs wrote:

Clearly you're skeptical too... as you're here... :)

raperez129

Postby raperez129 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:13 pm

I think you should call him right now, and demand to know what the "technical problem" is, and why is it that this is the ONLY cycle that actually released on the posted day, and while you are at it, insist that they make a 15 point curve.

Please and thank you.

uganik

Postby uganik » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:13 pm

Sammi wrote:
sandahs wrote:

Unless you have nothing else better to do.......

sandahs

Postby sandahs » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Sammi wrote:
sandahs wrote:

Ya he's an ass hole and he's called me like 20 times bc he knows i dont believe him. He called me last night at 330 Central time and i was sleeping. I woke up and he said "did you get it yet?" He was drunk. He likes to torture me.

Plus he doesnt actually do anything with the release dates. He works in HR. What a pussy.

slider

Postby slider » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:16 pm

invisiblesun wrote:
slider wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:
gbn wrote:have scores ever been released on the actual release date? it would be pretty gay if they were waiting monday to accomodate the makeup test takers...

Yes- accommodating makeup test takes is surely suggestive of homosexuality.

Its a losing battle. They'll continue using gay as an acronym for stupidity. :roll:

I know you basically meant synonym or analogy, but since you said acronym I started thinking of an acronym phrase for g.a.y. that would mean stupid...

..the best I've been able to come up with is "Greatly Asinine Yokel"

this is hilarious! Thank you. I needed a good laugh.
:D
I did mean synonym but your acronym is funny

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:16 pm

frankieSD wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:
frankieSD wrote:I am beginning to lose it. I got an e-mail two weeks ago saying my social security # was updated to my profile (aka my LSAT scantron was run through the machine and they now have my SSN). I have had a score out there somewhere for a couple weeks...I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

This thread has done wonders for my self-appraisal of my coping mechanisms and patience. I thought that I was bad with waiting for high-stakes results, but ITT I feel like the Dalai Lama...

invisiblesun - I had NO idea what "ITT" meant so I looked it up... "in this thread"? ...I'm learning so much internet slang here!

Haha, yup, "in this thread" is correct.

P.S. I am in the caribbean right now, looking outside at sunshine and a pristine beach, trying to get one last assignment I need to turn in before spring break (my TA is always lenient so I'm sure he won't mind that it was due Friday)...and I'm too distracted to just GET IT DONE and LAY ON THE FUCKING BEAUTIFUL BEACH OUTSIDE...where is my willpower...

P.P.S. I no longer feel like the Dalai Lama

nmmnyc777

Postby nmmnyc777 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:17 pm

You're killing me, LSAC. You're killing me.

evergirl23

Postby evergirl23 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:18 pm

Just wondering why this statement suddenly has credence? Why is someone who's brother-in-law supposedly works for LSAC on the TLS forum at all? If he is an applicant waiting for scores, yet knows they won't be here till Monday, why spend time on TLS?

I don't think the scores are going to be "comeing" today, but I call BS on this post.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:20 pm

why are we ignoring the person that took the test in dc and whose testing center changed? Thats not the same as a yellow line, which we could have not seen before. The name of an entire testing center is not easily mistaken..

frankieSD

Postby frankieSD » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:20 pm

invisiblesun wrote:
frankieSD wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:

Haha, yup, "in this thread" is correct.

P.S. I am in the caribbean right now, looking outside at sunshine and a pristine beach, trying to get one last assignment I need to turn in before spring break (my TA is always lenient so I'm sure he won't mind that it was due Friday)...and I'm too distracted to just GET IT DONE and LAY ON THE FUCKING BEAUTIFUL BEACH OUTSIDE...where is my willpower...

P.P.S. I no longer feel like the Dalai Lama

Haha, wow.

If I was in the caribbean right now my world would be 100% easier to take. Try waiting for your score in South Dakota!

pokey

Postby pokey » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:21 pm

I always assume problems like this come down to management. They could had instituted a wage/raise freeze and workers are retaliating by performing work slowly. They could have fired an older IT person and hired a young grad as it was cheaper. They are probably outsourcing the work to another country to save money and have lost the control they once had. Usually management.

pokey

Postby pokey » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:28 pm

Plus the yellow line is not a line. It was a box that had the "click to print ticket" information or whatever it said. Now there is nothing in the box, so it looks like a line (it collapses, look up CSS).

maks25

Postby maks25 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:28 pm

charlesxavier wrote:I'm planning an addendum claiming that the later than usual release negatively impacted my score. Also, the 4 F's I got this semester are a result of anxiety from waiting more than 20 days. Anyone think Cooley will buy it?

That's a great addendum! I predict a $25,000 scholarship too, although the 4th F might bump it down to $22,000.

birD

Postby birD » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:28 pm

I call BS on this post.

+1
why are we ignoring the person that took the test in dc and whose testing center changed? Thats not the same as a yellow line, which we could have not seen before. The name of an entire testing center is not easily mistaken..

I agree I still have hope!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”