The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

sirchristaylor

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby sirchristaylor » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:13 am

The term, "homo," is offensive to the LGBT community and shouldn't be thrown around so freely in any of these fora.

skip james

Postby skip james » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:15 am

sirchristaylor wrote:The term, "homo," is offensive to the LGBT community and shouldn't be thrown around so freely in any of these fora.

i'm guessing you don't spend a lot of time around anthropologists.

sirchristaylor

Postby sirchristaylor » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:25 am

skip james wrote:
sirchristaylor wrote:The term, "homo," is offensive to the LGBT community and shouldn't be thrown around so freely in any of these fora.

I'm guessing you don't really have a point. The point of this thread is to talk about LSAT scores. If you want to have a back-and-forth, feel free to PM me.

Creed Fan

Postby Creed Fan » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:28 am

WBC doesn't not approve of "homo" as well.

PigNipple

Postby PigNipple » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:34 am

What about "gay," as in you're "gay" for using the word "fora."

Who still says homo anyway? Ok, maybe this guy does.
--ImageRemoved--

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:47 am

HOMO HOMO HOMO HOMO HOMO HOMO
That is stupid. If you want to get offended for someone saying homo, go somewhere else. I'm not gay myself, but I have a few gay friends, and they would laugh at this. Anyone who is offended by someone calling something "gay" or "homo" is stupid.

Snuffie

Postby Snuffie » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:48 am

skip james wrote:

I sense a Half Baked reference in there somewhere.

FFS people stop in-fighting and turn the ire back on LSAC. Or...I dunno...go to bed or something. Sheesh.

lawschool???

Postby lawschool??? » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:20 am

Is anyone else finding it impossible to sleep. I just want to see my scores. I keep pressing Refresh every few minutes, but no luck.

whitman

Postby whitman » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:43 am

Pricer wrote:HOMO HOMO HOMO HOMO HOMO HOMO
That is stupid. If you want to get offended for someone saying homo, go somewhere else. I'm not gay myself, but I have a few gay friends, and they would laugh at this. Anyone who is offended by someone calling something "gay" or "homo" is stupid.

I used to say things like this all the time, but I finally stepped back and thought about it. Why do you care exactly? There obviously are people out there that have been abused, killed, etc, for being gay. People have been tortured and murdered and had "[HI I'M THE WORD FILTER. THIS PERSON MIGHT BE A DICK.]" scrawled across their lifeless bodies, so, really, why do you think it is important for you to use the word "homo"? What is so wrong with recognizing that it bothers people - recalls horrifying memories to some - and respectfully choosing to use other words to express yourself? Do you think you're somehow stripping it of its horrific meaning by using it colloquially? Or are you simply distanced from the heart of the matter and mindlessly asserting your own petty right to use a word?

Just asking.

More importantly (that's meant ironically...sort of...), where is my damn LSAT score? This is lame.

blahblah10

Postby blahblah10 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:51 am

I have been following this thread for a few days and (like most of you) am having difficulty sleeping while waiting for the scores. Unforunately, instead of any good news (or ANY news) I am welcomed with homophobic comments are hurtful language. Using the word "gay" to mead "stupid" is harmful to the LGBT community -- especially since people are murdered because of their sexual orientation. Matthew Shepard for instance. Would you use the word "black" as a way to call somene or something "dumb"? Man, waiting for these scores is so black! Of course we wouldn't and shouldn't. Your language can greatly impact the people around you. Why is homophobic language tolerated? I had higher hopes for this thread and website. Thanks for all the disappointment.

ticallion

Postby ticallion » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:47 am

"Would you use the word "black" as a way to call somene or something "dumb"? Man, waiting for these scores is so black!"

WTF? The two aren't even analogous and your association of "black" and "dumb" is in itself extremely offensive. I just want to know when everyone else gets their LSAT score. Other than that, please shut your faces.
Last edited by ticallion on Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Creed Fan

Postby Creed Fan » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:52 am

People can't choose to be black. That's why "black" and "dumb" are not interchangeable.

14yearplan

Postby 14yearplan » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:58 am

ticallion wrote:"Would you use the word "black" as a way to call somene or something "dumb"? Man, waiting for these scores is so black!"

WTF? The two aren't even analogous and your association of "black" and "dumb" is in itself extremely offensive. I just want to know when everyone else gets their LSAT score. Other than that, please shut your faces.

+1

lmao

+1 more, still lmao

kacee

Postby kacee » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:04 am

scores are being released saturday, first batch 7am est

Grad09

Postby Grad09 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:18 am

kacee wrote:scores are being released saturday, first batch 7am est

Is that inside information or an educated guess?

tikiman6

Postby tikiman6 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:55 am

Creed Fan wrote:People can't choose to be black. That's why "black" and "dumb" are not interchangeable.

People don't choose to be gay either...

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:33 am

tikiman6 wrote:
Creed Fan wrote:People can't choose to be black. That's why "black" and "dumb" are not interchangeable.

People don't choose to be gay either...

+1000

lawschoollll

Postby lawschoollll » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:39 am

kacee wrote:scores are being released saturday, first batch 7am est

I'm assuming this is bullshit. Very mean bullshit.

nikkei325i

Postby nikkei325i » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:42 am

I cannot wait to see my 152

krzyreeesh

Postby krzyreeesh » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:07 am

I think TLS should host some "LSAT Score Release" parties. We're all sitting here for days on end, refreshing the board and refreshing lsac.org regardless, so we might as well have some food and drink and good company while we do so.

Of course, upon re-examination, it would probably just amount to a bunch of anxious, pessimistic people sitting in a room with laptops hitting F5 repeatedly while taking swigs of beer. That may be the saddest mental image I've ever had.

invisiblesun

Postby invisiblesun » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:35 am

krzyreeesh wrote:I think TLS should host some "LSAT Score Release" parties. We're all sitting here for days on end, refreshing the board and refreshing lsac.org regardless, so we might as well have some food and drink and good company while we do so.

Of course, upon re-examination, it would probably just amount to a bunch of anxious, pessimistic people sitting in a room with laptops hitting F5 repeatedly while taking swigs of beer. That may be the saddest mental image I've ever had.

My favorite part would be when the scores started coming out...people in the room would separate into two groups...ones lamenting and ones celebrating, now THAT would be sad...for the lamenters, that is...

Kind of reminiscent of old paintings of judgment day...some still waiting, but many cast into the depths of hell or the glory of heaven by the almighty power (in this case LSAC)

loyno10

Postby loyno10 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:56 am

Wow, still no scores. So, are we betting on Monday now?

Sammi

Postby Sammi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:01 am

I woke up to 2 emails in my inbox. Thank you whoever for posting on my YouTube page... Twice. I'm glad you like my rendition of simple man. I'll check back later. Had nightmares all night about my score. Bleh.

Bruiser

Postby Bruiser » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:01 am

Got up, checked email, check LSAC, checked here, no scores. This sucks!!!! There have been a few Sat. releases but I am not holding out much hope (still have a glimmer of hope) for today. Guess Monday it is.

macaulian

Postby macaulian » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:20 am

What where the times of the previous saturday releases?

(also, just searched "sammi + simple man" on youtube and looked for one that had comments in last 12 hours. came up empty)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”