The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

primusux

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Postby primusux » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:06 am

What does visiting schools have to do with doing worse?

nmmnyc777

Postby nmmnyc777 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:22 am

Four more days!!!!!!!

Farfan1

Postby Farfan1 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:06 am

I just noticed that the June LSAT was taken on the 6th and the score release was Thursday the 25th...I hope we get this treatment!!!

raperez129

Postby raperez129 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:41 am

Okay, for a few days I was distracted and happy. Now, since the end is near, I am back to being insane with impatients.... :cry:

JenRUs

Postby JenRUs » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:53 am

raperez129 wrote:Okay, for a few days I was distracted and happy. Now, since the end is near, I am back to being insane with impatients.... :cry:

Tell me about it. I'm studying abroad in freaking Scotland, and I'm still thinking about the LSAT! Not even the kilts can distract me!

Snuffie

Postby Snuffie » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:12 pm

raperez129 wrote:Okay, for a few days I was distracted and happy. Now, since the end is near, I am back to being insane with impatients.... :cry:

+1

Wish you all the best.

nikkei325i

Postby nikkei325i » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:12 pm

JenRUs wrote:

Tell me about it. I'm studying abroad in freaking Scotland, and I'm still thinking about the LSAT! Not even the kilts can distract me!

Distract you in a good or bad way? ;)

goosey

Postby goosey » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:18 pm

primusux wrote:What does visiting schools have to do with doing worse?

the .001% of people that have mentioned being accepted immediately after visiting. its silly and illogical, but it makes me feel better. this way (in my dreamland) I could be admitted before my crappy score is released.

unless it winds up being much better than I expected. That would be nice.

watwat

Postby watwat » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:52 pm

Take this as what it is nothing more, but, when I called a few minutes ago asking how the February scores would be reported (automatically etc.) to schools already applied to and if there was a way to see when the update gets sent (there will be a separate line on the reports page to schools that already have reports) the guy didn't understand my question at first. He asked, "Are you asking when are they going out?" so I further explained and he then said in his explanation of how it works, "So on Monday when they go out...blah blah."

So, I doubt it means anything special but thought I'd share anyway.

PigNipple

Postby PigNipple » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:58 pm

watwat wrote:Take this as what it is nothing more, but, when I called a few minutes ago asking how the February scores would be reported (automatically etc.) to schools already applied to and if there was a way to see when the update gets sent (there will be a separate line on the reports page to schools that already have reports) the guy didn't understand my question at first. He asked, "Are you asking when are they going out?" so I further explained and he then said in his explanation of how it works, "So on Monday when they go out...blah blah."

Huh?

existenz

Postby existenz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:18 pm

watwat wrote:Take this as what it is nothing more, but, when I called a few minutes ago asking how the February scores would be reported (automatically etc.) to schools already applied to and if there was a way to see when the update gets sent (there will be a separate line on the reports page to schools that already have reports) the guy didn't understand my question at first. He asked, "Are you asking when are they going out?" so I further explained and he then said in his explanation of how it works, "So on Monday when they go out...blah blah."

Well, the scores are scheduled to be released on Monday so I don't think there is any real revelation here. Someone working at LSAC knows that 3/1/10 is the official release date.

They will probably release them on Friday, but nobody at LSAC is going to say that.

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:36 pm

existenz wrote:

Well, the scores are scheduled to be released on Monday so I don't think there is any real revelation here. Someone working at LSAC knows that 3/1/10 is the official release date.

They will probably release them on Friday, but nobody at LSAC is going to say that.

Yeah. No reason to say they will be ready on Friday if there is a possibility it will not be until Monday. That will just piss people off.

GoTribe1

Postby GoTribe1 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Pricer wrote:
existenz wrote:

Yeah. No reason to say they will be ready on Friday if there is a possibility it will not be until Monday. That will just piss people off.

Yeah, but it's comforting to be assured oh so subtly that the scores aren't going to be released late...

nikkei325i

Postby nikkei325i » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:57 pm

(Hopefully) 4 more days until scores are released and I can finally determine if I am going to a good school or waiting out until the next application cycle.

Pricer

Postby Pricer » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:25 pm

nikkei325i wrote:(Hopefully) 4 more days until scores are released and I can finally determine if I am going to a good school or waiting out until the next application cycle.

Ha, same position.

uganik

Postby uganik » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:54 pm

After dreaming last night that I scored a 152, I composed a pretty compelling LSAT addendum in the shower.......

I suspect that's where I do most of my higher creative thinking.

Bruiser

Postby Bruiser » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:09 pm

Ugh, this is killing me! Its not like I don't have enough to keep me distracted but this score could determine a major change in my life. Three numbers shouldn't have so much power over me!! I don't even want a 170, anything in the 160s will be fine with me. I have a 158 the first time and this time I was way more prepared.
I was so distracted that I left the house to go to work wearing my slippers! I forgot to change my shoes. I am a teacher, so I couldn't wear those, and didn't have time to go home, so I stopped at Wal-Mart and bought some shoes.

raperez129

Postby raperez129 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:55 pm

PigNipple wrote:

Huh?

Agreed. I suspect since he didn't know what you were talking about in the first place, he was reading off cue cards for approved responses.... :roll:

GoTribe1

Postby GoTribe1 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:06 pm

I wonder what percentage of re-takers get a lower score the second time around. Even though I felt far more relaxed and better overall this time, can't help but be a little terrified.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:08 pm

GoTribe1 wrote:I wonder what percentage of re-takers get a lower score the second time around. Even though I felt far more relaxed and better overall this time, can't help but be a little terrified.

+1

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:27 pm

keg411 wrote:
GoTribe1 wrote:I wonder what percentage of re-takers get a lower score the second time around. Even though I felt far more relaxed and better overall this time, can't help but be a little terrified.

+1

You can go look at the repeater data on lsac.

nikkei325i

Postby nikkei325i » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:40 pm

After over-analyzing what my possible score will be, I have come to the conclusion that it will be WAY below what I have been scoring on my PTs, which is a 157-160. To think that I did not finish any of my sections; I guessed on the last 5 of both LR sections, was stumped on the LG section, and did not finish the last passage of the RC section. The bottom line: I am ******.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:42 pm

nikkei325i wrote:After over-analyzing what my possible score will be, I have come to the conclusion that it will be WAY below what I have been scoring on my PTs, which is a 157-160. To think that I did not finish any of my sections; I guessed on the last 5 of both LR sections, was stumped on the LG section, and did not finish the last passage of the RC section. The bottom line: I am ******.

Sorry to hear that. you should probably re-take in that case, it has to work out better the next time.

Relientkate

Postby Relientkate » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:46 pm

Argh, the waiting is making me go crazy. Time for more wine!

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:48 pm

nikkei325i wrote:After over-analyzing what my possible score will be, I have come to the conclusion that it will be WAY below what I have been scoring on my PTs, which is a 157-160. To think that I did not finish any of my sections; I guessed on the last 5 of both LR sections, was stumped on the LG section, and did not finish the last passage of the RC section. The bottom line: I am ******.

don't beat yourself up yet :/ We don't know what the curve is, and you don't know if how you're remembering your experience on the LSAT is accurate. I, for instance, do not remember doing a single LG problem any longer; I only recall that I had a sense that they sucked more than usual.

So who knows. Maybe you really bombed it, but maybe you did really great.
Just relax. Do something fun for yourself the next three days to get your mind off of it and then decide later whether or not retaking it is something you should consider.

good luck! sorry the waiting sucks so much :/

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”