Page 5 of 84

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:35 pm
by jks289
evergirl23 wrote:As each day passes, the score I have in my head drops a little bit...I am so not good at waiting.


Every day my score (and hope) goes up a little. It is going to make opening that email feel like a kick in the nuts (I'd imagine...)

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:37 pm
by scionb4
You guys should save yourselves the heartache counting down the days till your score is released and live your lives. There's no point in causing youself that much anxiety. Time will go by faster if you concentrate on other things.

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:58 am
by Scrooge McDuck
To think that some cog at LSAC probably has all of our scores right now on a computer somewhere... What takes so long?

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:55 am
by soupbone
jks289 wrote:
evergirl23 wrote:As each day passes, the score I have in my head drops a little bit...I am so not good at waiting.


Every day my score (and hope) goes up a little. It is going to make opening that email feel like a kick in the nuts (I'd imagine...)



I'm a simple lurker here but this post forced me to comment. I imagine this same feeling on the 26th...or 1st. :mrgreen:

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:02 am
by robchuckbob
I had a dream last night that I got my score and it was either a 163 or a 168 but I could see the screen well enough to tell which. IT MADE ME CRAZY! I just wanna get the score and be done with it. The waiting game is the worst part!

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:37 am
by risktaker
So do you guys know if we get to see our answers and the correct answers? aka, the item response sheet?

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:41 am
by Thirteen
scionb4 wrote:You guys should save yourselves the heartache counting down the days till your score is released and live your lives. There's no point in causing youself that much anxiety. Time will go by faster if you concentrate on other things.


Credited. This retake will likely determine if I have a chance at the T14, but I have only thought about my score once or twice during almost 2 weeks since the test. Drama with the significant other FTW!

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:25 am
by bgdddymtty
risktaker wrote:So do you guys know if we get to see our answers and the correct answers? aka, the item response sheet?


No. We get only scaled scores and copies of our writing samples. https://os.lsac.org/Release/help/information.aspx#LSAT

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:13 pm
by nmmnyc777
Seven more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:21 pm
by ryguy
What exactly will you do with your Feb. scores? Because there are alot of people still waiting on decisions using the Dec. scores.

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:35 pm
by r6_philly
ryguy wrote:What exactly will you do with your Feb. scores? Because there are alot of people still waiting on decisions using the Dec. scores.


it will give me a reportable score 8)

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:52 pm
by Perjury
nmmnyc777 wrote:Seven more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yay!!!! Thats when I get to take the LSAT!!!!

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:19 pm
by existenz
ryguy wrote:What exactly will you do with your Feb. scores? Because there are alot of people still waiting on decisions using the Dec. scores.

Depends on the score.

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:04 am
by nikkei325i
I am NOT looking forward to seeing my test score. I am guessing I got somewhere between 157 and 162 because I messed up BIG TIME on the LG section. This combined with the fact that I did not even get to finish my other sections on time (guessing on the lat 5 for each LR section and the last passage for the RC section) leaves me to believe that I got AT LEAST 24 answers wrong.

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:05 am
by nikkei325i
robchuckbob wrote:I had a dream last night that I got my score and it was either a 163 or a 168 but I could see the screen well enough to tell which. IT MADE ME CRAZY! I just wanna get the score and be done with it. The waiting game is the worst part!


I had this crazy dream where I got an acceptance letter from Fordham and then just blew it off like it was nothing. I am confident that I had that dream due to working on a "Why Fordham" essay right before I had passed out.

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:43 am
by cardnal124
I've never been a nervous person in my life, but this LSAT waiting is making me go nuts. They should have it on computers so scores can be released earlier. Plus every law school exam is on computer anyway and the writing sample may actually be read by some schools since they would be able to read it, thus making it not a pointless 35 minute exercise...

^probably worthless rambling but whatever

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:30 pm
by soupbone
cardnal124 wrote:I've never been a nervous person in my life, but this LSAT waiting is making me go nuts. They should have it on computers so scores can be released earlier. Plus every law school exam is on computer anyway and the writing sample may actually be read by some schools since they would be able to read it, thus making it not a pointless 35 minute exercise...

^probably worthless rambling but whatever


I've just always assumed the reason it isn't computer based is they can make people sweat it out. It's not like a computer based test isn't possible.

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:41 pm
by lawschoollll
soupbone wrote:
cardnal124 wrote:I've never been a nervous person in my life, but this LSAT waiting is making me go nuts. They should have it on computers so scores can be released earlier. Plus every law school exam is on computer anyway and the writing sample may actually be read by some schools since they would be able to read it, thus making it not a pointless 35 minute exercise...

^probably worthless rambling but whatever


I've just always assumed the reason it isn't computer based is they can make people sweat it out. It's not like a computer based test isn't possible.


How would this benefit LSAC?

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:41 pm
by YCrevolution
..

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:53 pm
by keg411
LSAT over! I have no freakin' clue how I did and I'm not going to even try and assess. Will probably be somewhere in my new PT average range, but it could always be worse or better. If I did significantly worse, I may have to do hand scoring because I misbubbled part of a section and then had to erase 3-4 answers (luckily I had plenty of time to fix it and finish that section).

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:15 pm
by risktaker
What happens if you accidentaly skipped one number and were one off from there on out. Would hand scoring resolve this? Would they sympathize w/ you on this?

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:55 pm
by law school hopeful
risktaker wrote:What happens if you accidentaly skipped one number and were one off from there on out. Would hand scoring resolve this? Would they sympathize w/ you on this?


I personally have not experienced or know anyone who has experienced this kind of scenario. However, based upon all the research/rumors, LSAC does not make special considerations for those kind of situations. I would think this to be true since they do not look at your actual test booklet when hand scoring, thus have no way to determine if you actually intended to give the correct answer. LSAC must receive any score cancellation requests by 6 days from the date of the exam though, so I would call ASAP to get their suggestion. Good luck getting it resolved, I hope there's some mercy for you!

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:39 am
by risktaker
Actually, I didn't do this. I was just asking hypothetically in reponse to the op above me. Atleast, I hope I didn't do that, otherwise i am f'd.

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:00 am
by nikkei325i
I am pretty sure the Feb LSAT is going to be curved, but what do you guys predict it will be? It will not be nearly as generous as December's, right (which was -14 for a 170 I believe)? I predict a -12 AT LEAST.

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:22 am
by goosey
I am visiting all schools prior to score release JUST in case I did worse than the first two times. Im SO SCARED!!!!!!