The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jdhopeful11

Bronze

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Post by jdhopeful11 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:05 pm

anybody have any idea when the 2/27 test takers will get their results??

jimic0bain

New

Post by jimic0bain » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:05 pm

Miznitic wrote:
jimic0bain wrote:Did people get a complete Item Response Report? The PDF worked but was blank.
When do we find out how we did on each section?
You don't - February tests are unreleased.

I thought unreleased just meant they don't release the actual questions... It also means we never find out how we did on each section??
Thats redic.

Miznitic

Bronze

Post by Miznitic » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:07 pm

WWAD wrote:
Miznitic wrote:I'm most happy. I took this last Feb 2009 and got a 141 with really crummy studying. I decided to wait a year, do every lsat preptest I could find multiple times, practically memorize the three bibles, and I just walked away with a 179. I honestly didn't think I did THAT well as the LG section threw me a bit, or so I thought.
Wow, I hope this is real. Congrats, that is great and I am sure that studying persistance will help you in school. That gives me hope because I am in the same boat, this was my first time, and my studying, preplanned, because I knew I was in trouble, starts Monday. Enjoy the weekend!
I keep finding myself checking my score again to see if it was a mistake. I think the test is exceedingly learnable as the key is just practicing everything, and pay close attention to what you get wrong, and why you got it wrong.

Miznitic

Bronze

Post by Miznitic » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:08 pm

jimic0bain wrote:It also means we never find out how we did on each section??Thats redic.
Yep.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:12 pm

Same score, running to bridge and jumping off now.....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WWAD

Bronze

Post by WWAD » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:16 pm

Miznitic wrote:
WWAD wrote:
Miznitic wrote:I'm most happy. I took this last Feb 2009 and got a 141 with really crummy studying. I decided to wait a year, do every lsat preptest I could find multiple times, practically memorize the three bibles, and I just walked away with a 179. I honestly didn't think I did THAT well as the LG section threw me a bit, or so I thought.
Wow, I hope this is real. Congrats, that is great and I am sure that studying persistance will help you in school. That gives me hope because I am in the same boat, this was my first time, and my studying, preplanned, because I knew I was in trouble, starts Monday. Enjoy the weekend!
I keep finding myself checking my score again to see if it was a mistake. I think the test is exceedingly learnable as the key is just practicing everything, and pay close attention to what you get wrong, and why you got it wrong.
Thanks, what ever you do, don't get it hand scored :wink: That's great. That was my plan too. I just ran out of time this time. Were you always taking tests timed, or did you start out slow? Do you have apps in now or was this for next cycle? Did you do anything but the bibles? Congrats again, I am going to bookmark your post for when I get bummed in mid April.

Robert398

New

Post by Robert398 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:17 pm

goosey wrote:OH MOTHERRRRR
I GOT 5 points higher!!!!!! OMG IM SO HAPPYYYYY I THOUGHT I BOMBEDDDD!!!
93rd percentile woootttt
Awesome!!

blhblahblah

Bronze

Post by blhblahblah » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:19 pm

Miznitic wrote:
WWAD wrote:
This leap, I think, is one of the greatest (if not the greatest) in the history of all LSAT repeaters. I expect to see this statistic in LSAC's updated repeater data sheet. If it is not there, then you, sir, are a liar. If not flame, however, my uppermost congratulations.

Miznitic

Bronze

Post by Miznitic » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:24 pm

WWAD wrote:Thanks, what ever you do, don't get it hand scored :wink: That's great. That was my plan too. I just ran out of time this time. Were you always taking tests timed, or did you start out slow? Do you have apps in now or was this for next cycle? Did you do anything but the bibles? Congrats again, I am going to bookmark your post for when I get bummed in mid April.
Heh. No chance of hand-scoring.

I didn't start studying again until June of 2009, for the first few months, I just labored through everything and I didn't care about time. Starting around October I started timing individual sections, and around December I started waking up every Saturday morning and worked through 5 timed sections and studied what I missed/got right throughout the week after work.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dynomite

Bronze

Post by dynomite » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Thrilled with my 171. I could have/should have done better, but this is a great feeling -- can't wait to celebrate tonight. Congrats to all celebrating with me, and to those not, just keep in mind KG's advice: Anything is possible.

Work the Bibles, retake PTs, tear apart logic games until you feel like you could write a book of your own.

vball88

New

Post by vball88 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:27 pm

I got 171, pretty happy because its in my PT range.. Not good enough to automatically get me into the top law schools, but good enough to keep my options open!

Miznitic

Bronze

Post by Miznitic » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:31 pm

dynomite wrote:Work the Bibles, retake PTs, tear apart logic games until you feel like you could write a book of your own.
+1

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:34 pm

I think this test probably had a fairly standard curve (-11) based on the scores reported so far.

So far we've seen the following scores:

Did anyone get a 174?

Also, special shout out to Miznitic. Going from a 141 to a 179 is freakin' incredible and inspiring.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kilo21

New

Post by kilo21 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:40 pm

Similar to Miznitic, I went from a 148 to a 169. To everyone who had a low first score - IT IS POSSIBLE TO IMPROVE!!!!! We are both living proof. Don't lose hope!!

william wallace

New

Post by william wallace » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:45 pm

154. Up one point from my practice tests. I absolutely choked on the LG section. I guess I got 6-7 questions right + 2 or 3 from filling in bubbles. I had RC last which was really hard on me. I must have done okay on the LR.

I know this is a low score, but for me it's okay. Probably no scholarships or top 50 schools, but hey, life is good and it goes on!
Going to make the best of this score. Thanks everyone. It's been great relating to you all.

Miznitic

Bronze

Post by Miznitic » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:50 pm

kilo21 wrote:Similar to Miznitic, I went from a 148 to a 169. To everyone who had a low first score - IT IS POSSIBLE TO IMPROVE!!!!! We are both living proof. Don't lose hope!!
Awesome!

Agreed. It is definitely possible, but it requires dedication and work.

My advice to anyone who may be in the same boat as I was last year :: Work the bibles, do every preptest you can find multiple times, analyze your mistakes and successes (I can't count the number of times I got the correct answer for the wrong reasons), recreate the actual lsat conditions either by yourself, or in a group.

Metroid SR388

New

Post by Metroid SR388 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:53 pm

I went up from a 151 to a 160, which is crazy because I never scored any higher than 156 on my PT. I already got into Tennessee but hopefully this can help my scholorship case!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nikkei325i

New

Post by nikkei325i » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:00 pm

I just hope that I can sing the same tune as you when I get my June 2010 LSAT score back. Great job though! You really deserved it obviously from the amount of work and dedication you put into studying. I really give us "underachievers" hope from your insightful story. I think my low score alone is enough to motivate me to do well, but coupled with someone being a similar situation gives me hope that I should not give up on my dream of becoming a international attorney. :D
Miznitic wrote:
kilo21 wrote:Similar to Miznitic, I went from a 148 to a 169. To everyone who had a low first score - IT IS POSSIBLE TO IMPROVE!!!!! We are both living proof. Don't lose hope!!
Awesome!

Agreed. It is definitely possible, but it requires dedication and work.

My advice to anyone who may be in the same boat as I was last year :: Work the bibles, do every preptest you can find multiple times, analyze your mistakes and successes (I can't count the number of times I got the correct answer for the wrong reasons), recreate the actual lsat conditions either by yourself, or in a group.

JasonR

Bronze

Post by JasonR » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:11 pm

nikkei325i wrote:-27 from my PTs. Yeah, do not ask.
I know you said do not ask, and I know you're feeling bad, but how is that even possible? Did you time yourself honestly on PTs?

fw22mk

New

Post by fw22mk » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:17 pm

Last edited by fw22mk on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fw22mk

New

Post by fw22mk » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:18 pm

soupbone wrote:
fw22mk wrote:I received my score around 3:45pm, but it was sent around 1:45pm. Don't know what the delay was.

Also, I took it last weekend at College Park, MD, so I cannot complain at all. I only had to wait a week for my horrible score.

Congrats to everyone!

Back to drawing board for June 2010.

What do you consider horrible? I bet I have most people on this board beat. At least I'm done with school now so I can really focus on the June LSAT. I wonder with no preperation on this exam how high I can realistically raise my score for June. :|
Right below the LSAT average... With the successes of miznitic and kilo 21 (congrats!), I have never been more motivated. I'm going to sleep it off and prepare again come Monday. You will see increases once you really prepare. Good luck in June!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

InTranslation

New

Post by InTranslation » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:24 pm

Happily mesmerized by my 171. Up 7 points from Dec 2009. :D
I've been consistently PTing around lower 170s but didn't feel very confident after taking the test on 02/20. Had to guess almost all questions on Bach passage.

dbrddr

Bronze

Post by dbrddr » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:25 pm

I was missing anywhere from 5 to 9 on logical reasoning sections when I first started completing them under actual conditions, and with a crap ton of hard work I was missing 0-2 per section on all of the PTs in the month before the test. Ended up with a 172. Just convince yourself you're capable of anything.

tikiman6

Bronze

Post by tikiman6 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:28 pm

Anybody else still hate the last RC passage about hieroglyphics? I HATED that.

TLS1776

New

Post by TLS1776 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:30 pm

A 38 point jump; I think you just shattered a record on TLS. The biggest jumps I've seen on this forum are a 153 to 180 (27 point jump by bcjets212) and a 147 to 175 (28 point jump by kajosa).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”