The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
maks25

New

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Post by maks25 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:22 am

invisiblesun wrote:
maks25 wrote:ugh..I have another exam at 1 today.

Can anyone explain the difference between the Harrod-Domar Growth Model and the Solow (neoclassical) model...that should take your thoughts off your LSAT grade lol.
Solow extended the Harrod–Domar model by:
Adding labor as a factor of production;
Requiring diminishing returns to labor and capital separately, and constant returns to scale for both factors combined;
Introducing a time-varying technology variable distinct from capital and labor.
The capital-output and capital-labor ratios are not fixed as they are in the Harrod–Domar model. These refinements allow increasing capital intensity to be distinguished from technological progress.

Credits to wikipedia. HTH

Thanks, I've been using wiki too. Better than the textbook haha

Sammi

Bronze

Post by Sammi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:22 am

raperez129 wrote:*sigh* I have officially given up home until Monday. I watched The Hangover last night, and it adequately distracted me, it’s going to be tough today/tomorrow.

Yes, scores have been released twice on a Saturday. As far as I can tell, they have NEVER been released on the actual day, always before. That is, until this cycle. F*cking fabulous.... :roll:
Sorry I should have mentioned this before... but things like this always happen to me. Sucks that y'all got stuck taking the LSAT at the same time that I did. Sorry!

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:24 am

raperez129 wrote: Yes, scores have been released twice on a Saturday. As far as I can tell, they have NEVER been released on the actual day, always before. That is, until this cycle. F*cking fabulous.... :roll:
Why would that trend end? I see them coming today, probably later though..

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:30 am

invisiblesun wrote:
raperez129 wrote: Yes, scores have been released twice on a Saturday. As far as I can tell, they have NEVER been released on the actual day, always before. That is, until this cycle. F*cking fabulous.... :roll:
No, it won’t happen. Evidently we are all unfortunate to have taken the LSAT with Sammi….LOL!

cardnal124

Bronze

Post by cardnal124 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:31 am

invisiblesun wrote:
Miss Cleo, you better be right. I don't want to have to watch the US destroy the dreams of all Canadians tomorrow afternoon without knowing my score. If I do well, that makes me more inspired, and if I do shitty, it will brighten my weekend up

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:36 am

cardnal124 wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:
Miss Cleo, you better be right. I don't want to have to watch the US destroy the dreams of all Canadians tomorrow afternoon without knowing my score. If I do well, that makes me more inspired, and if I do shitty, it will brighten my weekend up
I mean I obviously don't know, but if they have ALWAYS released the scores prior to the score date, why would this be the first time they release them on the date? They do a Dec and Feb LSAT every year, and snowstorms and delayed administrations have happened before...the stuff Friday probably prevented people from coming to work, so they did some stuff over VPN (such as post the delay with the Feb. 27th test centers), but were wary of releasing the scores from home. They've released on Saturday before, so if people can get to work today, the giant red "release scores" switch should get flipped...

Sammi

Bronze

Post by Sammi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:38 am

invisiblesun wrote:
cardnal124 wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:
I mean I obviously don't know, but if they have ALWAYS released the scores prior to the score date, why would this be the first time they release them on the date? They do a Dec and Feb LSAT every year, and snowstorms and delayed administrations have happened before...the stuff Friday probably prevented people from coming to work, so they did some stuff over VPN (such as post the delay with the Feb. 27th test centers), but were wary of releasing the scores from home. They've released on Saturday before, so if people can get to work today, the giant red "release scores" switch should get flipped...
Well if we've learned anything from LR "weaken" questions it's that past data does not necessarily indicate future outcome. :-/

lawschool???

New

Post by lawschool??? » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:39 am

Does anyone live close enough to LSAC headquarters where they can stop to check for cars in the parking lot?

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:43 am

Sammi wrote: Well if we've learned anything from LR "weaken" questions it's that past data does not necessarily indicate future outcome. :-/
True but the evidence for my argument (it's never happened before) is better than the evidence against (OH NOEZ THEY DIDNT RELEASE THEM 3 DAYS EARLY). Also, LSAC seems to have something against releasing scores during business hours (probably for a good reason, giving people time to calm down instead of calling them like "WAHHHHH HOW COULD I HAVE GOTTEN A 150 WAHHHH"), and Monday would be even worse with app deadlines and all.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

theadw

Bronze

Post by theadw » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:44 am

I live in DC, and took my test on the 6th at a center for which I wasn't signed up -- a few minutes ago, my LSAT status page changed to reflect this, so something's being processed. Seems to auger well for a score release today.

Sammi

Bronze

Post by Sammi » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:46 am

invisiblesun wrote:
Sammi wrote: Well if we've learned anything from LR "weaken" questions it's that past data does not necessarily indicate future outcome. :-/
True but the evidence for my argument (it's never happened before) is better than the evidence against (OH NOEZ THEY DIDNT RELEASE THEM 3 DAYS EARLY). Also, LSAC seems to have something against releasing scores during business hours (probably for a good reason, giving people time to calm down instead of calling them like "WAHHHHH HOW COULD I HAVE GOTTEN A 150 WAHHHH"), and Monday would be even worse with app deadlines and all.

The powers of rationalization are powerful with this one, Darth Vadar...
--ImageRemoved--

Relientkate

Bronze

Post by Relientkate » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:47 am

I'm starting to believe that we won't see scores until Monday, folks.

WWAD

Bronze

Post by WWAD » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:47 am

I think they are trying to figure out how to tell us they lost them.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cardnal124

Bronze

Post by cardnal124 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:47 am

theadw wrote:I live in DC, and took my test on the 6th at a center for which I wasn't signed up -- a few minutes ago, my LSAT status page changed to reflect this, so something's being processed. Seems to auger well for a score release today.
Yes, just like the yellow line did.

I can feel it coming in the air tonight... hold on..

uganik

Bronze

Post by uganik » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:48 am

This is, quite frankly, ludicrous........

If scores don't come out today, I will be royally pissed!

Is anyone aware of what time these scores have been released on Saturdays?

Relientkate

Bronze

Post by Relientkate » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:51 am

cardnal124 wrote:
theadw wrote:I live in DC, and took my test on the 6th at a center for which I wasn't signed up -- a few minutes ago, my LSAT status page changed to reflect this, so something's being processed. Seems to auger well for a score release today.

--ImageRemoved--

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:53 am

uganik wrote:
Is anyone aware of what time these scores have been released on Saturdays?
Anyone....anyone.......

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:53 am

Relientkate wrote:
cardnal124 wrote:

--ImageRemoved--
+1

Hopefully the tiger in the bathroom in our situation is not the fact that the LSAC lost our scores... (check board index for a post regarding someone knowing someone at LSAC talking about hardware issues)

frankieSD

New

Post by frankieSD » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:55 am

I am beginning to lose it. I got an e-mail two weeks ago saying my social security # was updated to my profile (aka my LSAT scantron was run through the machine and they now have my SSN). I have had a score out there somewhere for a couple weeks...I WANT IT NOW!!!!!
:shock:

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:56 am

invisiblesun wrote:
Relientkate wrote:
cardnal124 wrote:

--ImageRemoved--
+1

Hopefully the tiger in the bathroom in our situation is not the fact that the LSAC lost our scores... (check board index for a post regarding someone knowing someone at LSAC talking about hardware issues)

+100
But I'd rather see a tiger in my bathroom than the lost scores.... :lol:

loyno10

New

Post by loyno10 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:57 am

WWAD wrote:I think they are trying to figure out how to tell us they lost them.
Bahahahah... that's a new, but somewhat entertaining theory. At this point, I'm not sure if I would even be disappointed if that were the case. All this waiting is slowly making my hypothetical score lower and lower.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Ford Prefect

Bronze

Post by Ford Prefect » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:57 am

I, for one, hope they never report the scores. I've been telling everyone since yesterday morning I got a 179, and I'd hate to disappoint them with the truth.

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:59 am

frankieSD wrote:I am beginning to lose it. I got an e-mail two weeks ago saying my social security # was updated to my profile (aka my LSAT scantron was run through the machine and they now have my SSN). I have had a score out there somewhere for a couple weeks...I WANT IT NOW!!!!!
:shock:
This thread has done wonders for my self-appraisal of my coping mechanisms and patience. I thought that I was bad with waiting for high-stakes results, but ITT I feel like the Dalai Lama...

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:00 pm

Monday has the potential to completely ruin my day at work :? .

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:00 pm

Good luck to you all!

Make sure you having something fun lined up to do whether or not your scores make you happy...
I was shocked by a 158 in September, got a 170 in December. It can be harsher than the wait...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”