The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
birD

Bronze

Re: The Official February 2010 Waiting Thread

Post by birD » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:33 am

i had lr-lg-lr-rc-lr

the first lr seemed super easy....however the second and the third one was harder. I remember the second one having a question about the indepen. films..... can someone who had 2 lr confirm whether this was experimental.....

also did anyone else notice a huge amount of assumption and inference questions on this exam??
I had the same too. I definitely noticed that the first LR was super easy. I noticed a huge amount of principal questions which I thought was kind of weird.

123kl

Bronze

Post by 123kl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:00 pm

ok so I still haven't 100% figured out which of my 3 LRs was the experimental... i'm thinking it was my first section, and there was a question about Chinese white and purple glass (#10). Does anyone who didn't have 3 LRs remember this?

Farfan1

New

Post by Farfan1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:30 pm

18 more long loooooong days!

Farfan1

New

Post by Farfan1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:31 pm

123kl wrote:ok so I still haven't 100% figured out which of my 3 LRs was the experimental... i'm thinking it was my first section, and there was a question about Chinese white and purple glass (#10). Does anyone who didn't have 3 LRs remember this?

I had 3 LR and don't remember this...

mazz

New

Post by mazz » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:35 pm

nope sorry.

i might take up some trendy drug habit then quit and collect congratulations in the next twenty days. I'm hoping for a 165, since that's the average of my last 5 practice tests -- I have no idea how I did on this test. Like Kacee and Evergirl I've felt very confident about things and ended up blowing them pretty hardcore in the past - though in the weeks leading up to the test I seemed to really tighten up on everything but LG -- which I only missed two questions on (as opposed to usually missing an entire game). Here's to hoping EH??

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dh22

New

Post by dh22 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:40 pm

birdmann783 wrote:i had lr-lg-lr-rc-lr

the first lr seemed super easy....however the second and the third one was harder. I remember the second one having a question about the indepen. films..... can someone who had 2 lr confirm whether this was experimental.....

also did anyone else notice a huge amount of assumption and inference questions on this exam??
independent films were real, remember having that question and had rc as experimental. good luck...also remember lots of assumption question

nStiver

Bronze

Post by nStiver » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Hahahah, no "Tiger Tars" this time around boys and girls? :twisted: :twisted:

Farfan1

New

Post by Farfan1 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:24 pm

nStiver wrote:Hahahah, no "Tiger Tars" this time around boys and girls? :twisted: :twisted:

Hah, I was debating changing it, but couldn't bring myself to doing it.

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:31 pm

sigh..weve got a long 18 days ahead of us.

just out of curiousity, if somebody already applied to law school and at the time didnt intend on retaking so didnt notate it on the app, now when scores get released, would lsac automatically send it to the schools? if i did worse than the last time, can i just not send the updated score?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Sammi

Bronze

Post by Sammi » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:55 pm

The first section wasn't experimental for me either. I got LG-LR-RC-LR-RC, so obviously one of my experimentals was RC. :D

kacee

New

Post by kacee » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:51 pm

What is Tiger Tars...? I went out Saturday night and celebrated way too hard, so Sunday pretty much didn't exist for me. Yay! It's like waiting one less day.

Capitalist

Bronze

Post by Capitalist » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:46 pm

I had LG-LR-RC-LR-RC. I never realized how bad it sucks to have RC last. By that time I was so brain dead I was completely unable to read actively. :(

risktaker

Silver

Post by risktaker » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:54 am

Damn LSAC needs to consider the fact that ppl who get RC as their 5th section probably perform a lot worse than ppl who get RC as their 1st or 4th section. Such BS! Took this test 3 times and got smacked with 2 RC sections everytime and with RC being either third or last.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Farfan1

New

Post by Farfan1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:18 am

Goosey, you applying/applied for this cycle?

123kl

Bronze

Post by 123kl » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:31 am

totally agree about the RC... fml. i'm keeping my score though... what the hell.

ljbc03

New

Post by ljbc03 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:44 pm

I read on here that someone wrote the experimental has to be in the first 3--is this true?? I'm curious bc I've never heard that before. How do u know this?

I had reading comp second and fifth. When I got to the fifth I thought it was experimental bc it didn't seem as heavily concentrated on the the diversity package. the second one had Negro Theatre during the depression, but the last just had Female Feminist Writer (diversity) and African/Egyptian languages (humanities). So I thought Negro Theatre during the depression was more of the type of diversity question I'm used to seeing.

I tried to take both seriously, but having taken the second one earlier, i thght it was the one that counted. But I was wrong. The last one was much easier/interesting so i'm glad to find out it was the real one.

Can someone enlighten me on this though? Thnx.

Pricer

Silver

Post by Pricer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:48 pm

source: http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/experimental.cfm
Where does the experimental section appear?

Up until the June 2007 LSAT, the experimental section number was the same for every test taker (for example, on the December 2006 LSAT every test taker in the country had section 1 as their experimental). See here for a listing of the experimental sections from 1995 to 2006. In June 2007, Law Services began using test forms that gave different experimental section numbers to different students. Thus, on a given test administration, some test takers might have section 2 as their experimental whereas other examinees might have section 1 or section 3 as their experimental. What this means is that, while individual test takers may be able to determine their own experimental section based on their section order (see “How do I figure out the experimental section after the test?” below), there is no longer a reliable way to predict the experimental section for all test takers.

Historically, the experimental section has always been one of the first three sections. We strongly believe this will continue to occur, but there is no way to predict before the test which section will be experimental, and there is no longer a single experimental section for all test takers.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

birD

Bronze

Post by birD » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:57 pm

Can someone enlighten me on this though? Thnx.
your 2nd RC was the real one

goosey

Gold

Post by goosey » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Farfan1 wrote:Goosey, you applying/applied for this cycle?

yeah I applied using my june and sept score

birD

Bronze

Post by birD » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:18 pm

so do you think our score release date will be pushed back due to the cancellations?

Close Diamond

Bronze

Post by Close Diamond » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:24 am

birD wrote:so do you think our score release date will be pushed back due to the cancellations?
I'm curious about this as well. Do all results get delayed due to the weather or just those directly affected?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

evergirl23

Bronze

Post by evergirl23 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:02 am

Right now, I don't expect my score anytime before the 1st, due to all of the closures, retakes, etc. But I am wondering if LSAC will have to release scores in waves. According to the reschedule thread, LSAC is telling people that the makeup tests will occur anytime between this weekend and 3 weeks from now. 3 weeks puts us after the 3/1 official score release date, and I would hope that LSAC won't delay the majority of the scores for the minority still waiting for their retake.

Farfan1

New

Post by Farfan1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:21 am

Has any one called to inquire? I'll call shortly and post lsac's response.

Pricer

Silver

Post by Pricer » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:16 am

evergirl23 wrote:Right now, I don't expect my score anytime before the 1st, due to all of the closures, retakes, etc. But I am wondering if LSAC will have to release scores in waves. According to the reschedule thread, LSAC is telling people that the makeup tests will occur anytime between this weekend and 3 weeks from now. 3 weeks puts us after the 3/1 official score release date, and I would hope that LSAC won't delay the majority of the scores for the minority still waiting for their retake.
I was thinking the same. Lots of people are expecting score delays because of the retakes. I was thinking scores would be released sooner. Since the retakes will be different tests, there is no reason to wait until 3/1 to release everyone's score. I would think it would actually be easier to release them in waves as the retakes are administered.
Farfan1 wrote:Has any one called to inquire? I'll call shortly and post lsac's response.
Thanks.

Farfan1

New

Post by Farfan1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:20 pm

I called...but LSAC is not at work today!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”