Is it Testmasters, or is it me? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
christinalsat

Bronze

Is it Testmasters, or is it me?

Post by christinalsat » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:39 pm

I scored a 150 on the first lsat I ever took (cold). I bought the LR and LG bibles and probably got about half-way through each up until my first diag with Testmasters where I scored a 159 -- after 4 hrs of sleep on a red-eye flight. One month later I scored a 154 on a full night's sleep. Since then I've been scoring in the 161-166 range, but my last two PTs have been a 161 and a 163.

I had 5 mins left at the end of each LR section on my first diag whereas now I'm always down to the wire. I feel like Testmasters has made me question my own natural thought process on LR and caused me to adopt a strategy which feels a little clunky for me. They haven't really provided any guidance on RC, but I think they have helped with LG.

Not sure if I should just accept this is the best I can do, that Testmasters did its job and I should just take the Feb exam in a week or if I should cancel my score next week, sign up for June, and buckle down and try to get this with the LR and LG bibles that I never finished. I've been aiming for a 170 (clearly not going to happen on Saturday). Advice?

jks289

Silver

Re: Is it Testmasters, or is it me?

Post by jks289 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:48 pm

I was in this exact situation (different number) in June. I took the test anyway. Did a little worse than I had been PTing. When I took it again I was really ready but nerves and luck conspired against me. I got a 168 but I had been testing at 175-179. Now I really regret having the one throw away score, since I think the third test counts for so much less. Anyway, bottom line, wait. You have lots of time, and if you don't feel ready, you won't be ready.

NayBoer

Silver

Post by NayBoer » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:50 pm

You're spending more time on the questions and getting more correct. That's why you have less time. You could probably benefit from more time practicing and drilling, but I'd probably just take the Feb score anyway. Only a few schools really care about multiple scores, most just take the highest.

christinalsat

Bronze

Post by christinalsat » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:53 pm

Actually I'm spending more time on (LR) questions and getting the same number incorrect as I got on my first diag -- about 4-5. The small improvement in my score has come from Logic Games only.

neimanmarxist

Bronze

Post by neimanmarxist » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:55 pm

I was kind of thrown for a loop by testmasters too; I was doing better on my own.
it helped me to do a lot of practice tests before my test. I got used to the section timing again . I think it's all the problems that you do in testmasters make you lose the feel of the 35-min section.

good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”