Sudden LSAT Slump -- advice??

mabrown04

Sudden LSAT Slump -- advice??

Postby mabrown04 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:50 am

Hi everyone,

Basically, I have suddenly gone into a slump, which is bad because the test is in a week. I have been preparing for this test since August, and I have always been doing okay, 2-3 wrong on logical reasoning, 1-2 wrong on reading, about 8 wrong on logic games. Suddenly I totally suck. 5 wrong per logical reasoning section, 8 wrong on reading, about the same on logic. And every time I do a section to practice, I check out the same. Needless to say this has basically shattered my confidence, and I do not know what to do. I have basically decided to just stop, try to relax and enjoy the week, and not think about the test until it is in my hands. I figure practice is just making me more nervous without improvement.

Any thoughts? I really appreciate your help,

rocross1

Re: Sudden LSAT Slump -- advice??

Postby rocross1 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:10 am

yea just chill I hit a slump right before the test, I dont know if it is just too much prep or there is psychology behind it. I would just work on the games our what ever section is your worst for like an hour a day and otherwise relax.

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:43 pm

Last edited by missinglink on Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UTexas

Postby UTexas » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:06 pm

Are you getting good rest? I think a lot of people mistakenly believe that because they did just fine in college when they had to endure periods of sleep deprivation that the same will hold true for this test.

johndh

Postby johndh » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:11 pm

I had the same thing happen to me. I relaxed for the last couple of days and my score was ten points higher than my practice tests that I worked when I was burned out.

mabrown04

Postby mabrown04 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:26 pm

Hi, I just want to thank everyone for their advice... I think I am just a serious combination of burned out and stressed. So I am going to do my best to relax, review my most common mistakes, and build some confidence for the test. I'll let you know how it goes too, thanks so much :D

Robert398

Postby Robert398 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:31 pm

I think your strategy is correct; you're almost certainly just burnt out, and the week off will likely do you some good. Depending upon your own experience with taking time off, you may want to do a few warm-up problems from each section on the day of the test; do NOT check to see whether you get them correct - the point is simply to get your mind warmed up after several days off.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”