Are Logic Games Harder Now Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
futuristic rama

New

Are Logic Games Harder Now

Post by futuristic rama » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:06 pm

Hello,

I was doing really were in the LG sections of the late 40's and early 50's PTs. Sometimes having -0, often just -2 or -3. But, today I tried 56 and 57 and I found them unbelievably difficulty, around -10's. Is it just a bad day, or is the trend reversing and LG's are becoming harder, or just different types now that I need to get used to.

sumus romani

Silver

Re: Are Logic Games Harder Now

Post by sumus romani » Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:33 pm

For what it is worth, I found the hardest games to be in the 40's. I think that they are somewhat easier now (with a somewhat harder RC to compensate). Others have said this on TLS too, but I won't say that this is the consensus. Having said that, the most recent games are *different*, and often do not rely on getting a single key inference to "get" the game in the way that the games from the 40's do. This is just in my opinion.

Dignan

Silver

Post by Dignan » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:50 pm

sumus romani wrote:For what it is worth, I found the hardest games to be in the 40's. I think that they are somewhat easier now (with a somewhat harder RC to compensate). Others have said this on TLS too, but I won't say that this is the consensus.
I think the consensus is that the 40s have the easiest logic games, and the 30s have the hardest logic games.

In the last few tests, I think the logic games have become slightly harder, though not nearly as difficult as the typical test in the 30s. In general, the older tests have harder LG and easier RC than the more recent tests.

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:02 am

My general feeling was that from about 42 to about 49, they were all pretty straightforward, but then they starting ramping up the weirdness in 50 and got fully hard again around 54 or so. 57 was particularly nasty. But evidently my opinion is somewhat idiosyncratic. May be that I taught the games in the 30's about a million times a few years ago, so I'm very used to them.

BigFatPanda

Bronze

Post by BigFatPanda » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:15 am

LG from Pretests 52-56 are easier than usual (compare to preceding tests), however, a persistent pattern exists from 57-59 that the third game is some sort of grouping game and it is always the hardest of all.

Mr. Matlock

Silver

Post by Mr. Matlock » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:28 am

And from all that you can pretty much say for certain that the hardest game are yet to come!

or... everyone's different. :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”