final week prep advice?

final week prep advice?

Postby goosey » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:51 pm

I am retaking for the 2nd time--this is my last shot. I have one week left and have exhausted all material--im working thru the LRB again and need to nail the games this time around. I need to get atleast a 165+ and just scored a 162 on the dec test :( that's one of my lowest pt scores ever. However it freaks me out cuz I used up all other tests and take this to be most indicitive of my present ability. I studied a lot for june and feel I have a strong base but am not really at the top of my game right now, for whatever reason.

I have realized grouping games really kill me and am planning on hammering away at those from now till next sat. Aside from this, I will work on RC and LR sparingly.

Any other advice?

Re: final week prep advice?

Postby amg0996 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:09 pm

Go to the book store and get LSAT logic games by they aren't actual test questons and in fact they are a little hard I went through the whole book twice in a week and have not missed a logic game for months

Re: final week prep advice?

Postby holeinone600 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:13 pm

The value of being clear-headed and relaxed on test day cannot be overemphasized - especially if you are approaching burnout. While preparation and efficient strategies are absolutely necessary, I would assume that after two actual LSATs and 20+ PTs that you have fairly good understanding of the three different sections and how to approach them. Maybe the only thing you haven't tried is to try "less hard." Not sure how to describe this, sorry. My best analogy is to think of a basketball player trying to shoot a free-throw. There are hundreds of different factors that go into making the shot, from technique to controlling your heart beat to situational pressure to past success in practice etc etc. But after hundreds of hours of practice, going the line with a clear head and letting instinct take over is sometimes your best bet.

Good luck.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”