Retake Question

nepa

Retake Question

Postby nepa » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:38 pm

I got a 156 in Sept. and a 158 in Dec.
Those scores were right around my practices at the time.
I recently took two full length practice tests. I scored a 163 (54) and a 167 (36).
I already sent in all my applications. My GPA is a 3.96. What I was wondering is if it would be wise to retake in June and try to use it as a bargaining chip with the school I plan on going to. Or should I retake in June and then possibly withdraw if my score is significantly higher and reapply next cycle.

Huluba23

Re: Retake Question

Postby Huluba23 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:45 pm

Depends which schools you are targeting. If your aiming at certain schools that your current numbers can get you into then retake and bargain for more money. If you want to go to a better school then study hard, retake, and apply next cycle. Either way, retake.

lawschooliseasy

Re: Retake Question

Postby lawschooliseasy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:47 pm

nepa wrote:I got a 156 in Sept. and a 158 in Dec.
Those scores were right around my practices at the time.
I recently took two full length practice tests. I scored a 163 (54) and a 167 (36).
I already sent in all my applications. My GPA is a 3.96. What I was wondering is if it would be wise to retake in June and try to use it as a bargaining chip with the school I plan on going to. Or should I retake in June and then possibly withdraw if my score is significantly higher and reapply next cycle.

Retake and withdraw if your score is significantly higher. You're going to get very little in the way of T1 love in June, even with a great score; and with your GPA you would have some serious opportunities if you hit a 166-168 on a retake.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”