Philadelphia Test Centers Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Near

New

Philadelphia Test Centers

Post by Near » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:17 pm

Hello everyone. I'm taking the LSAT this June, and am looking for advice as to what test center I should choose. I've searched for information (through the wiki site, and other less helpful sites), but didn't find much relevant info. Specifically, I'm choosing between the following:

Temple University
Drexel University
U Penn
Lasalle University

So, if anyone has had any positive or negative experiences with testing at the afforementioned sites, or even hearsay, let me know! Much thanks, Near

sophia

New

Re: Philadelphia Test Centers

Post by sophia » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:30 pm

I've taken an LSAT at both Penn and Temple. Penn's environment was perfect, big desks, comfy chairs, easy-going proctors, but the kids there were INTENSE. Temple's environment was a bit more regimented and the desks were tiny, but I did better there than at Penn. If you have to drive, street parking around Temple is easier to find than around Penn (in my opinion), but public transportation goes to both schools. Can't tell you about the other schools...

ragnarok545

New

Post by ragnarok545 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:44 pm

I've also taken the LSAT at both Temple and Penn and have to say that if you can nab Penn, go for it quickly. At Temple, you are placed into one of two large lecture rooms with a little over one hundred other people. At Penn, they separate you into much smaller rooms of only 25-30ish people, where it's much quieter and you almost develop a mini-comradery with everybody during the breaks. Also, this is subjective personal experience, but the proctors at Temple last June were very dickish (yelling at students for the slightest whisper after papers were already collected, chuckling in conversation during the actual test, etc.). Penn, on the other hand, was as decent as you could hope for.

Near

New

Post by Near » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:49 pm

Sophia - I see. Well I don't see myself trying to start much small talk on test day, so I'll take that as a recommendation for Penn!

Ragnarok- Alright! thanks

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:58 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”