PT19 sec2 #22 (LR)

spearnreel

PT19 sec2 #22 (LR)

Postby spearnreel » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:28 pm

Although "D" is correct, I have been challenging it because no where does it state that Arnold's meat stock is "well-seasoned", which is sufficient for "always be welcome at dinner" (well-seasoned meat stock and fresh ingredients).

I like the way "C" looks so what makes that incorrect?

ConsideringLawSchool

Re: PT19 sec2 #22 (LR)

Postby ConsideringLawSchool » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:34 pm

spearnreel wrote:Although "D" is correct, I have been challenging it because no where does it state that Arnold's meat stock is "well-seasoned", which is sufficient for "always be welcome at dinner" (well-seasoned meat stock and fresh ingredients).

Remember that we are looking for a flawed pattern of reasoning--not a correct pattern of reasoning. There is no problem with the reasoning in Answer C, as I think you are suggesting in your question. The two necessary conditions to ensure a flaky crust are ice water and chilled dough. Both conditions are met, so it is true that the pie will be flaky.

For D, as you say, the necessary conditions to ensure that the soup is welcome are well-seasoned meat stock and fresh ingredients. We know that the ingredients are fresh but, as in the stem, we have no basis to judge whether or not the other condition (well-seasoned met) is met.

spearnreel

Re: PT19 sec2 #22 (LR)

Postby spearnreel » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:50 pm

ConsideringLawSchool wrote:
spearnreel wrote:Although "D" is correct, I have been challenging it because no where does it state that Arnold's meat stock is "well-seasoned", which is sufficient for "always be welcome at dinner" (well-seasoned meat stock and fresh ingredients).

Remember that we are looking for a flawed pattern of reasoning--not a correct pattern of reasoning. There is no problem with the reasoning in Answer C, as I think you are suggesting in your question. The two necessary conditions to ensure a flaky crust are ice water and chilled dough. Both conditions are met, so it is true that the pie will be flaky.

For D, as you say, the necessary conditions to ensure that the soup is welcome are well-seasoned meat stock and fresh ingredients. We know that the ingredients are fresh but, as in the stem, we have no basis to judge whether or not the other condition (well-seasoned met) is met.

Thanks, I see now...as in the stimulus, a plentiful supply of "good" things to eat and drink are necessary for a successful dinner party, whereas Sylvia is only mentioned having plentiful foods and drink...net necessarily "good". Thanks!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”