Kaplan to powerscore translation anyone?

MSachmorov

Kaplan to powerscore translation anyone?

Postby MSachmorov » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:08 pm

Hello,
I know this might sound stupid to some of you but I just want to make sure for peace of mind. I am working through the powerscore logic games bible and wanted some extra practice. I have the Kaplan mastery book but they obviously give the game types different names. I was wondering if anyone could clarify which games go with which? In other words, does Kaplan's sequencing games match Powerscore's linear games? What are powerscore's names for Kaplan's Matching,grouping, hybrid and rare games? Also, I haven't started the logical reasoning or reading comprehension bibles yet, but how does powerscore's breakdown of the questions complement Kaplan's in regards to the logical reasoning and reading comprehension questions? Thanks in advance for the help!

MSachmorov

Re: Kaplan to powerscore translation anyone?

Postby MSachmorov » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:32 pm

Bump.

keg411

Re: Kaplan to powerscore translation anyone?

Postby keg411 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:25 pm

They are similar and once you start to work on each group, it's easy to figure out where the relations are between the Kaplan Mastery and Powerscore Bibles. I've worked in both formats and don't feel there is too much of a difference. I personally feel that Powerscore helps clarify confusing/unclear Kaplan methodoogy, but that's because I had Kaplan first.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”