Logical Reasoning Bible- Thoughts?

deputamadre

Logical Reasoning Bible- Thoughts?

Postby deputamadre » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:04 am

I'm about halfway done with the LG bible and it has been great. I can make inferences quicker already and certainly answer the questions a lot faster than before. Does the LR Bible compare? I have talked to quite a few people and most have told me that the LR bible isn't that great (maybe they were comparing it to the LG.) I'm curious to know what other people's opinions are on it. Inference and flaw questions are the hardest for me, with assumptions in third place. I'm getting between 7-12 wrong on the sections. I have no problem identifying the conclusion and evidence and finishing the sections isn't a problem (although if I had more time I would half as many wrong.) Anyway, what you guys think?

deputamadre

Re: Logical Reasoning Bible- Thoughts?

Postby deputamadre » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:20 pm

Anyone?

existenz

Postby existenz » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:15 pm

Yes, it's good. LR is harder than LG to master, though, so a lot more studying will be required. But the LR bible is one of the best study guides out there. Use it.

ddelmar

Postby ddelmar » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:19 pm

LR bible is a really awesome tool as well. I actually liked it even more than the LG bible, since LR is harder to learn and since it does a great job of helping you understand what exactly is required of you to answer LR questions correctly.

lawduder

Postby lawduder » Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:26 pm

I thought the majority of the LRB was a waste of time. The only exception was the chapter on assumtions.

mls_1

Postby mls_1 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:20 pm

are there big differences between the old edition and the new one? I'm using one in which the examples are from real tests b/n 1997 and 2003....

Ankita

Postby Ankita » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:35 pm

I am also going through LRB .yesterday I did Parallel resoning, flaw in reasoning , method of reasoning ,number percentage.

method and flaw was easy but parallel 's last question was hard .I am still confused whether LSAT is something I can do or way too tough for me.
Two more topics (formal logic and conditional reasoning ) left .Rest is done well I have to revise and memorize all the tactics again for rest of the chapters .
Have not touched the LGB at all .I was palnning to take GMAT on march 18th .But LSAT is something I really want to do .
I am targetting for June exam .Still confused what to do? Whether to prepare for Math and Sentence correction in GMAT? or to do logic games and just look forward for June exam?Any suggestions will be appreciated .

keg411

Postby keg411 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:17 pm

I like it minus the extensive formal logic stuff. Diagramming LR is okay on a limited level but not as much as the LRB likes.

quasi-stellar

Postby quasi-stellar » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:20 am

Definitely helpful, but merely reading through is not enough. I personally found the ability to see the incorrect/irrelevant answers to be even more beneficial. Essentially, what they (test makers) are trying to do is to get you into buying the answers that by common standard seem appealing. In other words, there are frequently answer choices that seem quite plausible and "just right", but they are not exactly the BEST answers, they are essentially distractors. LSAT actually teaches to think like lawyers, not like general public. Gotta be more critical ;)

ravens20

Postby ravens20 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:43 am

Personally I found the LR Bible to be more useful than the LG Bible. It breaks the question types down in an extremely straightforward way (four categories) and gives valuable hints for each type of question. In general I just found it to be a lot more specific than the Games Bible. Rereading the LR Bible in the days before I took the LSAT really reminded me to look for certain patterns on the test; identifying these patterns and common errors/hints/logical flaws/etc. is the key to mastering the logical reasoning section. So I highly recommend it (although you are also going to need tests/old problems to practice the techniques the LR Bible introduces).

TheTopBloke

Postby TheTopBloke » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:57 am

There are better resources out there. LG Bible was great, which led me to purchase LR and RC, but they no where near as good as LG.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”