PT 32 - Question 18 (LR)

ConsideringLawSchool

PT 32 - Question 18 (LR)

Postby ConsideringLawSchool » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:49 am

Thanks again for the helpful advice here regarding tricky questions. Hope to be able to repay the favor

On question 18 in the first LR section, I must be missing something. How can we know that the level of carbon dioxide is higher today without knowing anything about the other changes that have influenced carbon monoxide levels? The stem does not state or imply that replenishing the air is the only way to reduce carbon dioxide levels. Perhaps there are filtration systems, increased ratio of air space to person, or some other means by which the air levels of CO2 are reduced.

(yes, E is the least bad answer, but I'd like to understand why it is logically sound)

thanks

maks25

Re: PT 32 - Question 18 (LR)

Postby maks25 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:03 am

You have to take the stimulus for fact.

"The less frequently cabin air is replenished in a plane in flight, the higher the level or carbon dioxide in that plane..."
Says it all.

7ED

Postby 7ED » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:36 am

i had serious bone with this question too. I thought it was ridiculously assumptive that ignores any possible new developments since then that other LSAT quesitons woulda docked u for.

ConsideringLawSchool

Postby ConsideringLawSchool » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:06 pm

maks25 wrote:You have to take the stimulus for fact.

"The less frequently cabin air is replenished in a plane in flight, the higher the level or carbon dioxide in that plane..."
Says it all.

We know that there is an inverse correlation between air replenishment and carbon dioxide levels. That does not mean that there are no other factors with which carbon dioxide levels are correlated.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”