General Assumption & Parallel Questions help Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lostone

New

General Assumption & Parallel Questions help

Post by lostone » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:30 am

Hello all,

I've finally gotten comfortable with almost all the LR questions except assumption and parallel questions. I already did the LRB and was wondering if anyone had any tricks, ideas, strategies, etc to improve.
I started working on kaplan mastery per section but they only go to pt 3X.

Any ideas???
Much appreciated!

Thanks!!

ZombiesAhead

New

Re: General Assumption & Parallel Questions help

Post by ZombiesAhead » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:20 am

IMO, the LRB is really good for assumption questions. If you're totally comfortable with strengthen and justify the conclusion, you should be just fine with assumption. For me, assumption is a much more straightforward strengthener since it is so well defined. By the same token, you can use the assumption negation technique because of this specificity. Maybe review the ways to strengthen a causal assumption.

PR are easy as long as you have enough time to match everything up. To speed up, use PS's "elemental attack" or at least their tips on matching conclusions.

lostone

New

Re: General Assumption & Parallel Questions help

Post by lostone » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Thanks, for the PR what has been working best was exactly that, matching up the conclusions, then looking at the structures between contenders...
As for assumptions, perhaps im using the negation technique incorrectly but I usually get two contenders whose negated state both disqualify the conclusion and choosing between them is the tough part.

thanks for your input though

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”