Intensive LSAT Class?

VU2011

Intensive LSAT Class?

Postby VU2011 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:46 am

Last semester, I attended a "Law School Express" meeting at my college's career center. One of the students mentioned that he prepared for the LSAT by signing up for a one-month intensive class which met 5 days a week during May; he then took the LSAT in June.

I am considering this plan. Would you recommend it? I would have a hard time adding a semester-long class at this point, because I'm taking 18 hours of upper-level, reading-intensive classes.

Note: I'm going to meet with an advisor ASAP, but I still consider input from this forum to be valuable.

Atlas LSAT Teacher

Re: Intensive LSAT Class?

Postby Atlas LSAT Teacher » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:41 pm

There are many roads to Rome, but that one is rather difficult. That's really a rush-job, and if you find after 3 weeks that you're not happy with your progress, if the class starts a month before the LSAT, you'll be somewhat compromised in your ability to change your LSAT date (it'll show that you were absent, which is relatively harmless, but better to have nothing on that record except a great score). Perhaps you can fit in a slow and steady diet of work over the semester -- a self-study course -- and then if you need that final push, you can take that sort of intensive class.

Good luck!

VU2011

Postby VU2011 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:06 pm

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the recommendation! I'll see if I can find some practice materials. What would you recommend?

abbas123

Postby abbas123 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:41 pm

check out the ones in pithypikes study guide stickied at the top of the forum

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”