160 retake and try again next year? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tbooger85

New

160 retake and try again next year?

Post by tbooger85 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:47 pm

So this will be my first entry and I hope someone will be able to provide me with some good answers/ motivation. As the subject stated, I received a 160 on my LSAT- with about 3 months of studying. That is roughly 1.5 hours per day of studying mon-fri and a prep test every sat. I have a decent gpa from a good school and several years of solid work experience. I believe that I am good candidate for admissions to a number of New York City area law schools (Rutgers, St. Johns, etc.) and my applications are being processed currently. However, I worry that a law degree from such schools will not be adequate in the current job market. My question is this: Do I settle with this score and attend one of the aforementioned schools or do I kill myself studying for the next several months and try to hit 170? Is this an obtainable feat? (Note: my diagnostic score was a 142). Clearly this is an answer I need to come up with on my own, but what would everyone else do?

Bikeflip

Gold

Re: 160 retake and try again next year?

Post by Bikeflip » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:46 am

tbooger85 wrote:So this will be my first entry and I hope someone will be able to provide me with some good answers/ motivation. As the subject stated, I received a 160 on my LSAT- with about 3 months of studying. That is roughly 1.5 hours per day of studying mon-fri and a prep test every sat. I have a decent gpa from a good school and several years of solid work experience. I believe that I am good candidate for admissions to a number of New York City area law schools (Rutgers, St. Johns, etc.) and my applications are being processed currently. However, I worry that a law degree from such schools will not be adequate in the current job market. My question is this: Do I settle with this score and attend one of the aforementioned schools or do I kill myself studying for the next several months and try to hit 170? Is this an obtainable feat? (Note: my diagnostic score was a 142). Clearly this is an answer I need to come up with on my own, but what would everyone else do?
You don't sound too enthusiastic about your choices. Retake in June. What areas did you struggle with?

tbooger85

New

Post by tbooger85 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:07 pm

Yea. I'm not really crazy about paying the full sticker price for any of those schools. On the Dec. LSAT I got 13/24 on the LG's correct I also stumbled on the RC (20/27). My main issue is completing all 4 games in 35 min. Any resources you might suggest other than powerscore? I think I have exhausted that.

spearnreel

New

Post by spearnreel » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:14 pm

tbooger85 wrote:Yea. I'm not really crazy about paying the full sticker price for any of those schools. On the Dec. LSAT I got 13/24 on the LG's correct I also stumbled on the RC (20/27). My main issue is completing all 4 games in 35 min. Any resources you might suggest other than powerscore? I think I have exhausted that.
How did you do on LR?

tbooger85

New

Post by tbooger85 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:02 pm

My breakdown was something like:
LR: 20/25 19/26
LG: 13/24
RC:20/27
Room for improvement in all sections I would imagine. Although, I have never gotten a score above a 167 on a PT (and it was a very old test to boot). :?
Spending way too much time obsessing over this test.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”