The Bibles Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
FlamingCow

Bronze

The Bibles

Post by FlamingCow » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi guys. I tried searching for an answer to my question, but I couldn't find anything. Sorry if I've overlooked something and am asking an easily answerable question.

I'm working trough the LRB right now, and I'm wondering if I should focus on one book cover to cover, or split time between all three bibles. Do any of you have any experience or input on splitting time between the three at once? I want to get the most out of these books, as they're the only resource I have right now. I'll be abroad for a couple of months yet, and I want to start plowing through practice tests as soon as I get home. I saw pithypike's guide (among others) but I was curious if only having the bibles would change the effectiveness of splitting time.

Thanks.

FlamingCow

Bronze

Re: The Bibles

Post by FlamingCow » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:57 pm

Bumpity.

No thoughts on using the books simultaneously versus focusing solely on one before starting the other?

jpSartre

Bronze

Post by jpSartre » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:23 pm

I'm splitting between 2 bibles with the logic that I'll keep rhythm better as opposed to breaking them up and potentially forgetting stuff. But my concern there was mainly because I'm also doing ~100 additional questions of each section before moving on, so I thought staggering the sections between books would be better.

FlamingCow

Bronze

Post by FlamingCow » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:54 pm

I like that strategy. Did you go through questions beforehand and divide them up by question type so you could do a ton of the same question type at once?

jpSartre

Bronze

Post by jpSartre » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:01 pm

Yeah, well I mean I didn't.

LG by type (PT 19-38): http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/lo ... types.html
LR by type (PT 1-54): http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/ls ... sheet.html

I haven't taken the test yet, but if I could do it again I would probably only cannibalize 19-28 and leave 29-38 for full tests. It takes me days to get through the 100+ LRs for each type. Though I drilled the 80 games 3 times each, and that was helpful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FlamingCow

Bronze

Post by FlamingCow » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:23 am

That's great, thanks for sharing those links.

Kind of unrelated -- do you (or anyone else) know if LSAC sells the pretests in digital format? I'd really like to get started on the practice tests and/or sections, but having the books shipped abroad to where I'm living right now would be a huge pain. If I could pay for and download them it'd really help.

abbas123

Bronze

Post by abbas123 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”