LSAT Analog countdown timer wristwatch -- and it works! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
eupelia

New

LSAT Analog countdown timer wristwatch -- and it works!

Post by eupelia » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:13 pm

I am selling an LSAT countDOWN analog timer. If you use it, you should use it during practice as well to get accustomed. My avatar is a picture of the watch. I used it for my test in December so I decided to start selling it because it was awesome! It may seem like a regular analog watch would work, but it's just not the same as seeing the time countdown.

Please go to http://lsatwatch.webs.com to read more about the watch, to send me questions, or to purchase one if you are interested. I don't often check my inbox here.

I used it for my test in December so I decided to start selling it because it was awesome! It may seem like a regular analog watch would work, but it's just not the same as seeing the time countdown.

edit: Added website info.
Last edited by eupelia on Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:38 am, edited 8 times in total.

UrbanAchievers

Bronze

Re: LSAT Analog countdown timer wristwatch -- finally

Post by UrbanAchievers » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:45 pm

You should get Billy Mays to endorse th... oh wait...

Kong

New

Post by Kong » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:53 pm

I would like to purchase it, but it seems only for domestic shipping. (I checked it in eBay)
Could you plz consider international shipping?

eupelia

New

Re: LSAT Analog countdown timer wristwatch

Post by eupelia » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:22 pm

UrbanAchievers wrote:You should get Billy Mays to endorse th... oh wait...
LOL yeah, you think he'd take $1 per watch I sell? It's all I'll be able to afford! I love his exercise videos and bought all of them, there's something about him....hehehe

eupelia

New

Post by eupelia » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:30 pm

Kong wrote:I would like to purchase it, but it seems only for domestic shipping. (I checked it in eBay)
Could you plz consider international shipping?
Sure that's no problem, I sent you a message.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Sandro

Gold

Re: LSAT Analog countdown timer wristwatch -- and it works!

Post by Sandro » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:55 pm

cool I'd be interested, I definately was so nervous after section 2 i kept forgetting to reset or start my watch...

ogman05

Bronze

Post by ogman05 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:50 am

Thsi would be a better product if it was chronograph. Faster and easier, just saying. It's what I used. If you wanted to customize something I'd go that route

allison34363

New

Post by allison34363 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:59 pm

you should be punched in the face for 1) making a horrible watch and 2) promoting it here day after day with no shame. It sucks, you aren't going to make any money, please leave this forum if you can't contribute something useful and only want to promote your crappy watch.

eupelia

New

Post by eupelia » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:49 pm

allison34363 wrote:you should be punched in the face for 1) making a horrible watch and 2) promoting it here day after day with no shame. It sucks, you aren't going to make any money, please leave this forum if you can't contribute something useful and only want to promote your crappy watch.
That is very mean! I love my watch and am proud of it. When I was studying for my test I looked everywhere for one that worked like that and couldn't find one, so I made it myself 2 nights before my test using needle nose pliers, white out and a glue gun and a tiny paintbrush...and I could not have done without it for my test! An announcement at 5 minutes left was useless to me, the one section I didn't use my watch I felt really lost. Now I have perfected how I make it so it looks nice, and I'm sharing it, I like to make things...I don't even make money on this because the watch costs me $12 to buy, but I happen to think that it is helpful and I have fun doing creative things.

But you are right, let me post something useful too!::::

If anyone wants free LSAT prep books and unused prep tests, I have some you can have for free, but you have to pay shipping from MA. I decided on Friday once and for all not to retake the test in Feb, so I have tons of stuff that will just go to waste otherwise. I have stuff like unused preptests 53, 54, 52, and others and study books, etc. If multiple people want them, I'll spread the wealth. The books cost me like $400 so it's good stuff, but I'm giving them away free because it's not like I'm doing anything with them anymore. Yes, even YOU meanie Ms allison34363, even YOU can have some free LSAt study books if you want them.
I think you would benefit more from some optimism, however. Goodness gracious this world has some wacky people.
Last edited by eupelia on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JP09

New

Post by JP09 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:56 pm

allison34363 wrote:you should be punched in the face for 1) making a horrible watch and 2) promoting it here day after day with no shame. It sucks, you aren't going to make any money, please leave this forum if you can't contribute something useful and only want to promote your crappy watch.
I Lol'ed. But yes, this was mean. :lol:

UrbanAchievers

Bronze

Post by UrbanAchievers » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:15 pm

allison34363 wrote:you should be punched in the face ...
nm
Last edited by UrbanAchievers on Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

llawguru

New

Post by llawguru » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:30 pm

eupelia wrote:
Just send me a message here. Thanks!

Why is there a happy face when the 35 minutes are up? There should be an angry, frustrated, exhusted face instead.

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:41 pm

In what world does a patent application cost $165?

This is a serious question.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

eupelia

New

Post by eupelia » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:13 am

tesoro wrote:In what world does a patent application cost $165?

This is a serious question.

Sure, I can answer that! Because this is not an invention, (it is still functionally a watch which has long been in existence), so I don't have like a 50 page history and application and mechanism and all that, so I wasn't sure what exactly this was, was it like a "trademark?". Turns out what I did is a "design", just the patent of "the ornamental design of a functional item" and design patents which for small entities like me is MUCH cheaper to apply for than a normal patent which requires tons more work and documentation.

I also did not hire like a drafting artist to do the black and white drawings, I just did them myself.

allison34363

New

Post by allison34363 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:40 am

If you know anything about design patents or even googled it for 5 minutes, you would have known to save your money on the application... maybe law school isn't for you? Oh well... you're still super though in my book.

--ImageRemoved--

eupelia

New

Post by eupelia » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:00 am

[quote="allison34363"]If you know anything about design patents or even googled it for 5 minutes, you would have known to save your money on the application... maybe law school isn't for you? Oh well... you're still super though in my book. [/quote="allison34363"]

I didn't google it. I called the US patent office directly and Asked questions--a little more reliable than google pages served from unknown sources. they instructed me to complete a design application patent with the application fee as the first step.

Allison dear, I would be glad to fork over the earnings from the five watches i've sold to buy you a reeeeeeeal nice vibrator. My guess is when you get your hands on that you'll either stop posting all together or will return a much more pleasant person! Just give me your shipping address and it's yours, straight from amazon.

JP09

New

Post by JP09 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:48 pm

You are a very special person for designing this watch. I would buy it if I still had to take the lsat!

--ImageRemoved--

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

granger

Bronze

Post by granger » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:53 pm

allison34363 wrote:If you know anything about design patents or even googled it for 5 minutes, you would have known to save your money on the application... maybe law school isn't for you? Oh well... you're still super though in my book.

--ImageRemoved--

Damn, give it a rest. Do something better with your time.

UrbanAchievers

Bronze

Post by UrbanAchievers » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:56 pm

granger wrote:
allison34363 wrote:If you know anything about design patents or even googled it for 5 minutes, you would have known to save your money on the application... maybe law school isn't for you? Oh well... you're still super though in my book.

--ImageRemoved--

Damn, give it a rest. Do something better with your time.
Welcome to the internet, granger.

toolshed

Bronze

Post by toolshed » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:59 pm

INB4 welcometotheinternetillbeyourguide.jpg

eupelia

New

Re: LSAT Analog countdown timer -- lower price & refunds

Post by eupelia » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:22 pm

Thanks to those who purchased one, I hope you like it!

I am lowering the price to $20 because now that I have made a few I'm getting faster at making them and that seems more fair of a price.

For those of you who have already bought one, you're going to see a refund of the difference via paypal so that you aren't at a disadvantage. Thanks again to all.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

carolina128

New

Post by carolina128 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:03 pm

I just recently took my LSAT and this watch literally saved my life. The 5 minute warning was pretty much useless, but this watch was perfect for me to keep track of exactly how much time was left. Allison, you are an idiot and must be really bored. I think the vibrator idea is another brilliant one...if that doesn't work I heard Tiger Woods is free. From what we have seen, looks really don't matter to him so you're all set. Damn, I'm going to be one fine lawyer.

MY FILES!

New

Post by MY FILES! » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:09 pm

I hate to feed the troll by bumping his thread, but just as a heads-up, this has scam written all over it. If you PayPal this guy money, you'll never see anything out of it. Please don't send him anything; as a longtime lurker, I can assure you that this isn't the first time someone has scammed TLS, so think it through before purposelessly shelling out cash.

eupelia

New

Post by eupelia » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:43 pm

MY FILES! wrote:I hate to feed the troll by bumping his thread, but just as a heads-up, this has scam written all over it. If you PayPal this guy money, you'll never see anything out of it. Please don't send him anything; as a longtime lurker, I can assure you that this isn't the first time someone has scammed TLS, so think it through before purposelessly shelling out cash.
I figure some people may be worried about that, so I have it for sale on ebay as well, then you have buyer protection from ebay automatically for the full cost, and you have a feedback history of mine (I have 100% positive feedback on like 75 ebay transactions since I was in college so that way people will know I'm a real person.) The only reason I say you don't have to use ebay is because then I can give the $2.40 to the buyer instead of ebay.

My paypal account is also a merchant account, so I have to pay higher fees on transactions but you have the buyer protection there too. That's why I don't accept like "money orders" or "bank checks" those are total scams. My exboyfriend once put his car for sale on craigslist and some guy did the money order shipping thing and the "wire me some of the money back" thing, but this was before it was a popular hoax, like 6 years ago, and we thought it was fishy. Luckily, we refused to pay for the shipping wire until the bank processed the bank check AND we got a letter from the bank saying it was cleared. Surprise, 2 days later the $6000 check bounced and the bank was trying to get us to pay the money back and we showed them the letter, turns out this new guy didn't know he shouldn't have written it, so we gave the money back and since we hadn't wired it yet, we were fine.

I also think if someone was doing a scam, they would do it for something MUCH simpler and more expensive, like $200 of prep materials instead of inventing a watch, wasting 5 hours on Page Maker making the customized watch face and then printing it and then buying a watch and taking it apart and then attaching the watch face and putting it back together and then posting an ad to sell it...but just in case someone is worried, that's also why I'm asking for feedback from the folks who buy one so that people know I'm real and they really got a product that they bought.

eupelia

New

Post by eupelia » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:45 pm

carolina128 wrote:I just recently took my LSAT and this watch literally saved my life. The 5 minute warning was pretty much useless, but this watch was perfect for me to keep track of exactly how much time was left. Allison, you are an idiot and must be really bored. I think the vibrator idea is another brilliant one...if that doesn't work I heard Tiger Woods is free. From what we have seen, looks really don't matter to him so you're all set. Damn, I'm going to be one fine lawyer.
Oh my god Nick you are hilarious -- I love you!!!! You and I were the test cases on this baby, and we did awesome didn't we!?!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”